Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 91572 times)

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #570 on: November 11, 2015, 01:22:21 am »
Feels like playing Doom 3, especially in underground areas where they seem to spawn in bigger numbers over time. Like GTA police.

2 hours in and I feel like I am playing some generic zombie shooter. All those feral ghouls appearing out of thin air... That I'll be willing to stomach, but it isn't all there is to it. So far, the only exception has been the raiders. And it is only their idle chatter that gives away their presence. I am surprised Bethesda let them slip. Some of you might call me a naysayer, but I have yet to feel that this is a Fallout game (be it the originals or the previous Bethesda works, all of which I loved). All of this seems to be rushed just for some eye candy.

Also, looking at the pipboy map, it seems that the map is quite small. Any ideas on that?

Offline Kasigi_Yabu

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norr_of_Nordvegr, Tiger Mountain Peasant
« Reply #571 on: November 11, 2015, 01:31:40 am »
Enjoying the game loads so far but the wasteland is merciless, after just 2 hours it broke my graphics card :(

Was playing it with the latest nvidia drivers, ran it on optimum settings but that still didn't save me.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #572 on: November 11, 2015, 01:33:52 am »
+1
The fuck? How? I got a nice rig, no SSD tho.

Maybe it's my SSD then, but yeah under 10 minutes.

My main problem with bethesda games is the difficulty is nonexistant or very easy to break, like skyrim stacking enchants to 1 shot anything.

How is fo4? will I have to wait for mods for basic stuff like not being able to pause game and spam healing items?

also is there any mode like no vats? or survival like NV had?

I am playing on just hard atm and I have been in some sticky situations and I've died a few times from stuff exploding near me or the AI pelting me with frag nades lol. If I feel the game getting easier, or too easy, I will up the difficulty. If I were to be playing a melee character and got into the situations I had done already, I probably would've died a lot more, the AI brings some serious firepower in some areas. I can see it possibly suffering at the higher levels but by the time I reach them I am hoping modders have already started putting their works out lol. But let's be honest, no one forced you to abuse Skyrims crafting mechanics to become a god and no one is going to force you to min-max in FO4, but the cool thing about is that it's an option, freedom is what these games are about.

On another note, I am not sure what some people are talking about when they say the combat sucks, it's not great but it's a lot better than FO3 and NV, I am not sure what people expected tbh when they knew it's the same engine. The gunplay feels quite a bit improved ( well once I turned off mouse acceleration and fixed the Y and X sensitivities ), but the pacing and atmosphere is also more intense, lasers and bullets hitting things around you sounds good, the weapons really feel like they have more oomph most of the time, the AI is fairly quick and sharp in combat, maybe that's just my own opinion though but I am definitely having fun.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 11, 2015, 01:39:21 am »
+1
Lots of bugs in the combat, especially reload-wise.

But meh, this game makes me want to play Witcher 3 again.

Feels a lot like Dragon Age: Inquisition in the sense that it's moved towards the casual, console audience -- still a pretty good game, but very, uh, streamlined. The more I play the more I hate the dialogue system. Wtf does "wrong foot" dialogue option even mean? What is my character going to say? Is he going to be aggressive? Passive? Apologetic? What? No indication...
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 11, 2015, 01:41:45 am »
Feels like playing Doom 3, especially in underground areas where they seem to spawn in bigger numbers over time. Like GTA police.

So r u saying that u can't really clear out dungeons anymore? Gey
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:59:02 am by LordBerenger »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1628
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 11, 2015, 01:58:38 am »
On another note, I am not sure what some people are talking about when they say the combat sucks, it's not great but it's a lot better than FO3 and NV, I am not sure what people expected tbh when they knew it's the same engine. The gunplay feels quite a bit improved ( well once I turned off mouse acceleration and fixed the Y and X sensitivities ), but the pacing and atmosphere is also more intense, lasers and bullets hitting things around you sounds good, the weapons really feel like they have more oomph most of the time, the AI is fairly quick and sharp in combat, maybe that's just my own opinion though but I am definitely having fun.

Well, they mentioned they'll take advice about gunplay from id software who are known for great gunplay feeling. Because of that I expected more. Didn't know it is same engine because game (to me) looked better in pre-release shots and videos. They also say its brand new engine every time...

It is better than FO3 and NV, in a sense Skyrim's combat is better than Oblivion and Morrowind. Better but still not good enough. Would rather see them drop VATS completely and go with stats based action gunplay like in Deus Ex, Vampire Bloodlines or Stalker. I know that is an option but game is designed around VATS and people will use it most of the time.

Bullet sound effects and VFX are very good, I agree with that. But only when they are flying around your head, not when you're hitting enemies.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 11, 2015, 02:29:57 am »
+4
The Witcher 3 is miles ahead of anything Bethesda has ever done when it comes to designing an RPG game. Seriously, Bethesda games are so clunky and plastic in comparison.

As for Fallout, the setting is once again successful at charming me despite glaring flaws and I am having fun. I gotta say, I picked my usual dumb Fallout strategy of just picking a direction and exploring right of the bat, and I have been getting my shit pushed in by Super Mutants and even Bloatflies at very hard difficulty. They don't even have the skull that indicates that they are way higher level. I really love this difficult exploring with deadly enemies, though I am a bit disappointed that it is once again not rewarded with better loot or higher experience if you explore higher level locations or beat higher level enemies early. Though perhaps I am not actually in a higher level area and I am just bad.

Really pissed off with the conversation system though, to the point that I save before each conversation in case I grossly misinterpret the vague descriptions. I can't play the way I want to play, because I have no idea what option says what. How hard is it just to write the different options and let me pick from that, I'm just baffled by the decision that was made in that regard.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 02:38:40 am by Teeth »

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #577 on: November 11, 2015, 02:48:03 am »
Though perhaps I am not actually in a higher level area and I am just bad.

According to a loading screen, the more you go south, the more dangerous the enemies will be. Try to walk around the glowing see (lower left corner of the map).

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #578 on: November 11, 2015, 03:22:59 am »
+1
Yeah my main gripe is the conversation system, I have to quick save (F5) in every conversation if I am unsure about what the conversation option will actually say.

EDIT: Ok so I just came across a big radiated crater full of Ghouls, including 2 Legendary Ghouls, I got their attention and they all began running up the crater and around a building, I met them with a barrage of molotov cocktails and laser rifle fire, killing them. I looted the Legendary Ghouls and the junk from the others, when I noticed another red blip on my radar. I went to check it out and I discovered this OP mother fucker, it was called a Putrid Glowing One (with a skull next to his name ) I thought I would try to take him on, but he is fucking nails. He takes minimal damage from even my best weapons ( seems to also be immune to Nuka Grenades lol ) and he regenerates health, so I couldn't even bring it down fast enough at range to keep up with his health regen, due to his moving around etc. To top it all off he kills me in 2 hits max lol. He's definitely something to come back and fight at a higher level, but now this fucker is roaming the streets of a place I need to get through.

Look at him, he dived at me and hit me once, taking away nearly all my health, then he pick me up in the air and fucking bit a hole in my chest llol.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:57:01 am by Leesin »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 11, 2015, 07:04:34 am »
+2
Really pissed off with the conversation system though, to the point that I save before each conversation in case I grossly misinterpret the vague descriptions. I can't play the way I want to play, because I have no idea what option says what. How hard is it just to write the different options and let me pick from that, I'm just baffled by the decision that was made in that regard.

"That is a very nice house. Dont you agree traveler?"
1. Yes 2.No 3.Mybe
*picks no*
"No, I will now proceed to shoot you in the face"
*Screams internally*
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:33:04 am by Tibe »

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #580 on: November 11, 2015, 07:45:14 am »
Enjoying the game loads so far but the wasteland is merciless, after just 2 hours it broke my graphics card :(

Was playing it with the latest nvidia drivers, ran it on optimum settings but that still didn't save me.

aw man :[
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #581 on: November 11, 2015, 08:33:18 am »
wew doggy, the combat, movement all that stuff. love it, feels so fluid especially compared to previous titles. definitely see influences of Project Nevada . Interesting how early you can get your hands on power armor tho, guess they want you to explore the customization early on. Surprised about the settlement building, im spending equal time building my settlement and fort as much as i am exploring and killing.

Gotta say tho, i am completely fucking lost, i guess i forgotten how the a new bethesda game feels, especially after all those playthroughs of NV and 3. still enjoying it however.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 11, 2015, 08:42:42 am »
Is there a way to convert all the junk you have in inventory to crafting mats?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #583 on: November 11, 2015, 10:11:42 am »
Happens automatically when your settlement runs out of stuff, it grabs it directly off your junk list. When I build some electrical thing, I ran out of ceramic and it displayed a message that some toilet seat disappeared out of my inventory. :lol:
There is a scavenger workbench to build but I can't use it. Guess it's assignable to NPCs.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 11, 2015, 10:24:29 am »
So had a little play - set it to hardest from start. managed to beat deathclaw after a few goes when I realised I could
(click to show/hide)

But now I go wandering through wasteland on one of my starting quests and enemies show up like yao which 1 shots me. ok I will just have to sneak past those. but then this fucking scorpion pops out of the ground below me and 1 shots me?! how am supposed to not die to that ;/

typical beth "difficulty" I don't want to spam quicksave, I'd rather a proper challenge ;(