Author Topic: Fucked up dreams, paranormal shit, etc.  (Read 5176 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Fucked up dreams, paranormal shit, etc.
« on: April 04, 2015, 08:59:45 am »
+9
Thanks to the sleep paralysis thread, I have been convinced that y'all got some cool dumb stories to tell about weird-ass dreams and fucked up shit you seen. post 'em here.

I recently fell asleep with snus in my mouth. The nicotine ended up giving me an incredibly vivid dream. This is a noted effect of people who wear a nicotine patch when they go to sleep. Messes up your synapses in a harmless way and you're pretty much guaranteed to have a memorable and extremely vivid dream.

Sleep on the couch with a mouth full of chew
Wake up spellbound, hellhounds on the loose

When I was a kid, I had repeated nightmares from Jurassic Park. I loved the movie and was a big dino nerd in general. Watching it was frightening, but in a good fun way. My dreams were absolute terror. I'd look out the windows of our house and see velociraptors walking down the street. It was always those fuckers, not the t-rex. I'd hide in the closet or under the bed as they came into the house. Pretty much exactly like the kitchen scene where the kids are hiding from the raptors.

I also had dreams about UFOs frequently when I was younger. I loved sci-fi documentaries and didn't believe in aliens, but the concept was fascinating. One dream I remember to this day, there were flying saucers hanging in the sky all over. They started to drop empty saggy skins of earth animals like baboons and zebras and bears. The skins would float slowly down to the ground, weightless. When they landed they would inflate to look like a regular animal and were just kinda walking around the backyard, not going anywhere. They never came into my house but it reminded me a lot of the dinosaur dreams I had.

There was this one show on the sci-fi channel that was some old (80s I think?) documentary voiced over by Leonard Nemoy or someone who sounded just like him (I can't remember the title...). One episode was about a house where the new owners found this heavy duty locked door in the basement. The inside was a small cell-like room with all the walls painted red. There were no signs of murder or anything else nasty but the image of that Red Room showed up in tons of my dreams. I still dream about going down into the basement or the attic or the back of a closet and finding a trap door or hatch that leads to a hidden room. I still dream about a wooden door frame (no door) in the back of my parents basement (I haven't lived there in 8 years) that leads to this massive library with a ceiling that must be 3 stories high. There's no one else there and no doors out of the massive room. There's windows though, and always a sprawling well-kept Victorian garden with trimmed hedges and a fountain and shit. It's always sunset with orange/purple skies. Sometimes when I go back out of the library into the basement there's a human figure there. It is motionless, and when I see it I freeze as well. Then I wake up with chills.

Haha look at all those dumb words. How bout you post some dreams? A lot of people think reading about other peoples' dreams is boring but I like to do it. Feel free to try and analyze things but I don't think that's worth your time unless you intimately know the person who is describing their dream.

im only a little drunk ok
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Fucked up dreams, paranormal shit, etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 09:38:35 am »
+6
I once had an awesome dream about jurassic park where I was trying to train a raptor army to fight trexes. But the trexes found my camp and ambushed us and the raptors were sacrificing themselves to let me get away. I was sad but at the same time raptor army!

For dreams of nightmares.. I had one where I was inside a building but could see through the walls. A desolate wasteland was outside and I was inside the building with a bunch of other people. A figure came out of the wasteland but no one could see it but me. I wasn't sure what it was so I asked a soldier to go check it out. He did and the figure just looked directly at me and I could hear "Thank .. you.." as the soldier walked out of the building. The soldier went in the direction of the figure and the figure just attacked and ripped him apart.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 09:56:34 am »
+7
It's not really a dream, but for the last 4 - 5 years, something pretty weird has been happening to me.  I'll randomly wake up in the middle of the night, feeling like there's somebody or something in my room with me.  The first time it happened I had only been asleep for 30 - 40 minutes before I just snapped awake, out of the blue, and for some reason I thought there was a person standing at the foot of my bed.  I didn't really know what to do, so I slowly got up and then ran the fuck out and into the living room.  I felt like I was still dreaming, but at the same time it felt so real, it's pretty hard for me to explain.  Took me a long time to finally calm down and realize that I had imagined the entire thing, so I just went back to bed like nothing had happened.

This continued to happen a few times per year, and over the years I've gotten pretty well used to it.  Just a few weeks ago, I woke up because I thought a small bat / insect / bird / winged creature landed on my bed.  I tried to trap it under a sheet and held it under my hands for about 20 seconds before I calmed down and realized nothing was actually in my room or on my bed.  Man, that was fucking strange.  I have no idea what causes this and why it happens so often.

It's definitely not false awakening either, because I actually do wake up, and it seems like it happens on nights when I don't have any memorable dreams.

This was pretty hastily written, sorry if there are any mistakes.

EDIT:

As for actual dreams, I used to get extremely vivid nightmares about the trenches of WWI back when I was 10 years old or so.  Crazy stuff.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 10:09:35 am »
+4
Nice. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking the same thing after typing up my last post in that paralysis thread*. Really got me thinking of all the weird shit my brain comes up with on its own.

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: Man, you guys need to step up your game. Your 8th grade creative writing teachers would be disappointed. We want to hear the details, the play-by-play! Not a brief, lousy excuse for a summary! I expect to be able to come back to this thread tomorrow and be able to read a novel's worth of posts from all you guys (combined, not individually, even I can't go that crazy)! WITCH, you said you had an insanely vivid drug-induced dream. Well, let's hear (read) it! I had the above dream over 15 years ago and could recall that much detail from it... surely a recent and highly-vivid dream of yours could be expanded upon! D-, all of you. See me after class.

DOPPEL EDIT: No doubt there are a fuckton of gramatical/spelling errors, I'll proofread it tomorrow. Maybe. I'll also post about a weird chain of dreams I had, although unfortunately in less detail since I barely remember any of the details... it'll probably be similar to one of your guys' sorry excuses of a summary. But for now... goodnight.

*Referenced post below:
Idk if this is at all related or not, but I've had a couple occasions where I woke up and hallucinated creepy shit... no paralysis though.

First time:

(click to show/hide)

2nd time:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:36:49 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 08:08:35 pm »
+4
Fine Jona. I got another one I remember as a kid.

I woke up in a room surrounded by people all strapped onto hospital beds lined up in rows. I tried to get up then I realized I was strapped down as well. I looked around and it reminded me of my school gym. Very large but it had no windows. I could see hundreds of people all strapped down and I tried to talk to them but everyone was simply staring at the ceiling.

I was trying to figure out why this was happening when the godzilla spawn entered the room (You remember that godzilla movie in 1998? The one everyone hated? Those ones). I couldn't move but I was scared shitless. But everyone remained calm and simply stared at the ceiling. Each row of people had one godzilla spawn and they simply started eating the person's head but only the head. Once they finished they moved to the next person. And I could only watch as it kept coming closer and closer down the row.

It came to the person next to me and simply ate his brains and not his entire head. Then it disappeared behind me and I felt my head open as it bit into my head. And as it ate my brain, I could feel my consciousness drift away as the room started to fade to black.

Then I woke up feeling like wtf happened.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 668
  • Infamy: 1029
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 09:15:38 pm »
+1
I've found that what happened to me last time isn't just sleep paralysis but actually astral projection.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 09:25:13 pm »
+6
you are all fucking weird
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 03:19:10 am »
+2
reminded me of my school gym

That reminds me of a dream I had that my brain won't forget for some reason. I was trying to get to a meeting or assembly or something. I was inside a building with a layout that resembled a hospital. Lots of long hallways, walls painted a bland pink with dark red trim (think of the shades used on a human anatomy diagram). The halls were empty and I was LATE for whatever it was I had to get to. I walked nervously down hallway after hallway. I recall making four right turns in a row but did not end up back where I was before. On the floor there were painted lines that acted as a guide (like green line leads to department X, yellow line leads to department Y, etc), but I did not know which one lead to the meeting. It felt like endless identical hallways. There were no patient rooms or elevators like there would be in a hospital. Just hospital-looking hallways with those thick fireproof doors (metal with push bars, small windows on the doors that were reinforced with metal mesh) at regular intervals. Now and then I there would be glass observation windows on the wall and I could see rooms with medical equipment. There was nobody in the rooms and no door to get inside. I just kept walking and eventually found the thing I was supposed to get to. It was a school assembly in my elementary school gymnasium. There was a World War II style battleship built (crashed?) through one of the walls, jutting out with gun turrets and radar arrays and all that shit. Kids were climbing all over it and spray-painting stuff on the ship. Someone handed me a can of spray paint. I guess it was some school wide art thing or a yearbook thing or something I don't even know. Then I went to the supermarket on my way home and there was a creepy old falling-apart house with a lawn in the middle of the parking lot. A small man with poor posture/hygiene and crazy eyes lived there. He followed me into the store and tried to invite me over for supper. Everyone else in the store said hi to him and made small chat like he was totally normal. He wasn't visually that scary and was just kind of following me around, not stalking me. But I was filled with terrible dread and made excuse after excuse to turn down his supper invitation. I woke up after finishing my shopping and walking home. I wonder what would have happened, if I had agreed to go to dinner with him....

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Wolfsblood

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: Wolfsblood_MB, Wolfsfang
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 03:37:22 am »
+1
Disclaimer: I am not religious and i do not discount the supernatural but I don't put any stock in it currently. Seeing is believing.

This dream first scared me because my age but the possible implications continue to scare me about this one even now.

(click to show/hide)

This dream I had when I was 8 and i had forgotten about it until i was 13.

(click to show/hide)

Im not drunk

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 03:50:06 am »
+3
WITCH, you said you had an insanely vivid drug-induced dream. Well, let's hear (read) it! I had the above dream over 15 years ago and could recall that much detail from it... surely a recent and highly-vivid dream of yours could be expanded upon! D-, all of you. See me after class.

It was vivid and lifelike, but nothing cool really happened. I woke up outside in my driveway. Mattress was just plop in the middle of the driveway. Then I met several of my neighbors that live on the same street as me. I have not really introduced myself to them in real life but just see fleeting glimpses of them now and then. The older guy with a British accent that lives next door and spends lots of time working on his garden/yard was there and we talked about my dog. He liked the dog. The guy who lives across the street and shovels his driveway wearing shorts in the middle of the winter came over to say hi. He was wearing the same beanie/sunglasses/track suit top/shorts he wears when I see him shoveling, and had a snow shovel with him. My dream was just last week and it was early spring. No snow.

The Amish people that live in the big house on the other side of my house came over as well. There are no Amish people living there. The house is vacant. There are no Amish people living within miles of me IRL. They joined us and everyone was just kinda chilling around in the driveway, smoking cigs and chatting. The Amish people had to get going because they were taking their goods to the market to sell and they are not allowed to drive or use motor vehicles of any kind (dream logic, don't quote me on this). Everyone else had to get going for whatever reason, and once I was alone I remembered that I had to catch my cats (they are indoor cats and shouldn't have been outside). So I find them and end up chasing the cats into my backyard.

Instead of my actual backyard (some plain ol grass and a tree) there was a large wooden deck on the back of my house hanging over a mangrove swamp. The swamp was much larger that my yard, but when I looked around I could also see all of my neighbors's yards in their usual places (just grass and trees, they did not get swampified). White sand and shallow water. You could see all the way to the bottom crystal-clear (not that was ever deeper than my knees). The cat had now become my housecat and a cat my family had when I was a kid. This newly appeared cat has been dead for a couple years in real life but whatever hey I gotta catch my cats and get them inside. The cats walked into the water and paddled out (apparently not giving a shit about cats hating water IRL), and i followed them into the mangroves. They came to a sandbar and there was another cat there. At least it wasn't mine so I wouldn't have to catch this one. I feared that my cats would get into a fight with this wild swamp-cat but they just came up and sniffed each other and hung out, waiting for me to catch up. I was just starting to make out the details in this third mystery cat. It looked like a mix of brown tabby and faint ocelot/jaguar type markings, a gorgeous coat of fur.  Then I woke up and peeled the gross long-overused snus packet out of my upper lip and drank some water and went back to bed the end.

I'm just kinda writing these as I recall them, stream-of-consciousness writing stuff. When I have more time I will post about my recurring childhood nightmare of the things that live under furniture and reach out with their gangly black-furred arms and yellowed ivory claws. I have not had that dream since I was probably 10 if not younger. Thinking of the time that I peeked under the couch and saw what they were still gives me goosebumps. Shit was grotesque and not based on any horror movie or story I had read at that age. It was some purestrain brainmade horror from the deepest recesses of my mind. Hopefully that one passes muster for Jona's dream journal requirements.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 04:53:32 am »
+3
My most memorable ones are quite strange.

Like this one where I was in this strange version of our house and yard, standing outside in the sunlight, my mother sitting in a chair with me, I felt tension and a need to act.

I started contacting many doctors and specialists to help me for whatever reason, but none could help or even care to respond to me on the phone, or internet.
I felt hopeless, and wanted to get away from the computer. But right as I stood up I found myself outside again in the same place, but this time, the chair was empty.

I woke up, ran to mothers bed, she was sleeping well, it was around 4 AM. I went back to sleep normally with the thought that she's with me.

Then half year later, at christmas time, it turned out that she has Cancer. I saw it happen, everything until the end.

I never told her this, because I just didn't have the strength back then to do it, especially when someone's long hair fell out and is slowly withering away.

I should have warned her, but now I'll never know.

The other one is a lot shorter, but still interesting. I was having a normal dream, walking down a hallway when all o' sudden everything turned to black. I am pretty much self-aware in these so I knew things have gone bad. real fucking bad.

I started hearing an echo. Screams, cries, people getting slaughtered, butchered. It got louder and louder.
For some reason I couldn't stay up and had to turn away from the noise, I fell to the ground cowering in fear.
 I have never experienced this before.

The noise got insanely loud, then it stopped. A figure mumbled something like "look at me, turn"
I turned veery slowly, and the figure was me, buth with a distored face, and no or completely black eyes, smiling at me, wearing a purple shirt.

Then I woke up shocked, I never felt terror like this before, I couldn't get out of bed, didn't want to go back to sleep, so I was watching the ceiling for a good half hour at 3AM, then drank a strong coffee. But I had this shock and horror in me until the afternoon.

Sounds pretty cliche, I can't put every small detail through the same way.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 04:57:53 am »
(click to show/hide)

Not bad, not bad. Nice improvement. B+

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 05:19:33 am »
Of course you love them, they represent your thoughts in a way.

You don't hate yourself, do ya.  :mrgreen:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 05:37:45 am »
+2
Well it's up in the air, there are billions of humans to choose from :D

And yeah, that's the explanation for dreams I have read about once, liked it, found it the best one so far.
Don't know if this is really true, and it won't be known for quite some time I think.

Everything, everyone in there, it's all about you, not them.

Like your own little Matrix or something.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 06:43:55 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Your mind... is one strange place.