Author Topic: Sleep paralysis  (Read 4707 times)

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
Re: Sleep paralysis
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2015, 05:33:45 am »
+1
Am I the only one afraid that your limb goes into gangrene when you sleep on it?

Yes, stop being afraid of everything sissy
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2015, 07:22:39 am »
+7
Hot damn, that does happen to me sometimes, I honest to god believe there is an intruder in my room about to get me... pretty fucking scary when it happens I must admit. But then I realise its just me in the room and then back to my dreams of rainbows and forests  :lol:

I sometimes get what I think you're describing where I wake up from a dream and get a sudden feeling of terror, but this isn't sleep paralysis.

I had a single instance of sleep paralysis when I was a kid. I was extremely stressed out because I'd been feeling rather ill for a good few weeks.
I remember having spent an entire week and a half on the couch; standing up for more than a few minutes would cause me to get dizzy and extremely nauseous.
One afternoon during that period of illness (which was likely due entirely to a stress disorder I realized I had later), I was taking a nap in bed, exhausted from being sick and doing nothing.
I woke up from my nap hearing my name being called. It was strange, because I didn't recognize the voice, but the voice was very distinctly talking to me.
It's like how someone can call out to you when you're not even looking in their direction, but you sense and know you're being talked to.
Besides that, this voice called my name.

So I looked across the room and down the hall. The voice called again and again, so I called back asking, "Yes? ...Yes?"
Suddenly, the voice was in my right ear. It startled me and I was frozen in fear--I was alone in the room and this person calling to me hadn't entered from the hall.
I distinctly remember the chill that went from my skull and down my spine.

The voice, now whispering my name into my ear, was so close I could feel the breath against my face.
This is where I was so scared, I probably would have shit myself had I not been so terrified that my asshole had permanently closed shop for the day.

I remember trying to leap out of bed and get away from this entity speaking to me, only to discover that I was unable to move. Totally unable.
Being paralyzed is a strange feeling when you're consciously aware that you shouldn't be paralyzed.
Most of us are fairly twitchy all day. Whether we're tapping out foot to a tune, rapping our fingers, twiddling our thumbs, etc.
This feeling of being paralyzed is, in part, so terrible because your body isn't even subconsciously able to move in the slightest.
It's really similar to the eeriness of being in a pitch-black cave that is entirely, completely untouched by sunlight, and deafeningly silent.

Stuck in bed with a voice whispering my name into my ear, unable to escape, and scared to the point that I became temporarily mute, I felt the fingers dig in.
Four fingers grasped both ankles, and the thumb slowly squeezed around the Achilles tendons.
I felt my ankles being forced downward into the bed, held down. Try as I might, I was unable to break free of that grip.
The voice again called me, this time from the foot of the bed.
I tried to kick free, but my legs wouldn't budge, and the hold on my ankles became painfully tight.
At that point, I felt two palms press down on my chest. Again, another whisper.
The palms pressed down on my chest so forcefully that I heard the bed creak from the weight. I was being suffocated.

After a minute or so of the attack, it seized, and I quickly sat up, still frozen from fear.
I got up and went downstairs, told my mom what had happened, and, after a few hours, carried on with my day on the couch, sick and now also afraid for my life.

Anyway, sleep paralysis is bad news and it fucking sucks and I hope none of you ever have to deal with that shit ever again.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2015, 08:00:17 am »
+1
I sometimes get what I think you're describing where I wake up from a dream and get a sudden feeling of terror, but this isn't sleep paralysis.

I had a single instance of sleep paralysis when I was a kid. I was extremely stressed out because I'd been feeling rather ill for a good few weeks.
I remember having spent an entire week and a half on the couch; standing up for more than a few minutes would cause me to get dizzy and extremely nauseous.
One afternoon during that period of illness (which was likely due entirely to a stress disorder I realized I had later), I was taking a nap in bed, exhausted from being sick and doing nothing.
I woke up from my nap hearing my name being called. It was strange, because I didn't recognize the voice, but the voice was very distinctly talking to me.
It's like how someone can call out to you when you're not even looking in their direction, but you sense and know you're being talked to.
Besides that, this voice called my name.

So I looked across the room and down the hall. The voice called again and again, so I called back asking, "Yes? ...Yes?"
Suddenly, the voice was in my right ear. It startled me and I was frozen in fear--I was alone in the room and this person calling to me hadn't entered from the hall.
I distinctly remember the chill that went from my skull and down my spine.

The voice, now whispering my name into my ear, was so close I could feel the breath against my face.
This is where I was so scared, I probably would have shit myself had I not been so terrified that my asshole had permanently closed shop for the day.

I remember trying to leap out of bed and get away from this entity speaking to me, only to discover that I was unable to move. Totally unable.
Being paralyzed is a strange feeling when you're consciously aware that you shouldn't be paralyzed.
Most of us are fairly twitchy all day. Whether we're tapping out foot to a tune, rapping our fingers, twiddling our thumbs, etc.
This feeling of being paralyzed is, in part, so terrible because your body isn't even subconsciously able to move in the slightest.
It's really similar to the eeriness of being in a pitch-black cave that is entirely, completely untouched by sunlight, and deafeningly silent.

Stuck in bed with a voice whispering my name into my ear, unable to escape, and scared to the point that I became temporarily mute, I felt the fingers dig in.
Four fingers grasped both ankles, and the thumb slowly squeezed around the Achilles tendons.
I felt my ankles being forced downward into the bed, held down. Try as I might, I was unable to break free of that grip.
The voice again called me, this time from the foot of the bed.
I tried to kick free, but my legs wouldn't budge, and the hold on my ankles became painfully tight.
At that point, I felt two palms press down on my chest. Again, another whisper.
The palms pressed down on my chest so forcefully that I heard the bed creak from the weight. I was being suffocated.

After a minute or so of the attack, it seized, and I quickly sat up, still frozen from fear.
I got up and went downstairs, told my mom what had happened, and, after a few hours, carried on with my day on the couch, sick and now also afraid for my life.

Anyway, sleep paralysis is bad news and it fucking sucks and I hope none of you ever have to deal with that shit ever again.
It's really fucked up what kind of things the human mind can conjure up even when you're ostensibly awake. If you were a believer in ghosts or whatever, you'd be convinced after that day that they exist, no matter what anyone told you.

I've heard that "hands pressing down on your chest" is really common with sleep paralysis. In fact, the whole scenario of someone being in the room and doing stuff to you is a pattern that repeats when people describe it. Weird stuff.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2015, 10:43:46 am »
+5
(click to show/hide)

Idk if this is at all related or not, but I've had a couple occasions where I woke up and hallucinated creepy shit... no paralysis though.

First time:

(click to show/hide)

2nd time:

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1002
  • Infamy: 1990
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2015, 03:05:09 pm »
There are artifacts you can spread across the room which will stop the supernatural intruder from entering. But it will bang on the door whole night and beg you to open the door.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2015, 03:08:41 pm »
I actually wonder that not only I've never had this sleep paralysis thing in my life, but I've never even heard of it before.
Is that a cultural thing?
I think it is peculiar to the Europeans, because of the large count of incest in the past, which led to mental disorders in the present.  :P also never heard of this before, Russian Wikipedia is just a very small in comparison with the English or French version, rascals

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2015, 03:12:58 pm »
+2
people are too drunk in Russia to remember sleep paralysis
Turtles

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2015, 03:14:32 pm »
+2
people are too drunk in Russia to remember sleep paralysis
or mb vodka is cures dat disease

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2015, 06:10:35 am »
+4
I had morning wood, i was paralyzed because 90% of my blood went to my dick so i had no blood in my muscles to move them.  8-)

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2015, 06:36:30 am »
I had morning wood, i was paralyzed because 90% of my blood went to my dick so i had no blood in my muscles to move them.  8-)
in Russia, in such cases we are going to use our balls for mooving instead of legs  :P

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2015, 10:39:32 am »
+4
in Russia, in such cases we are going to use our balls for mooving instead of legs  :P
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2015, 11:58:34 am »
+2
Chernobyl
But Chernobyl is in Ukraine.  :rolleyes:
*thread twist*

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2015, 01:52:22 pm »
+1
No please don't.  Please don't annex this thread.
Turtles

Offline Jesse

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kuyak_Hero,Rainb0w, Adelade.
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2015, 04:41:25 pm »
I guess not everyone had their edgy im a teenager i meditate phase, but there are several meditations that are designed to induce sleep paralysis, and it can be a really interesting experience, but it is a hard thing to achieve and I guess the majority of the time you encounter it, it is during an unpleasant dream that you'd like to wake up from.. If anyone would like a link to this meditation I would gladly share.
Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.