Author Topic: Set up an alpha server  (Read 3627 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Set up an alpha server
« on: March 31, 2015, 04:10:37 am »
+3
It does a lot of good. A lot of us have been playing crpg for years. How can you expect to test the gameplay if nobody can test? I supported the kickstarter, which failed. We need to test shit, melee mechanics and all. Closing  testing to a few people will not help, we need to be able help the dev team in ironing out bugs and exploits before release. Maybe make it so we can fight each other in a small map like arena just to figure out the pros and cons of what you guys are trying ti accomplish. The only way to test this shit out is to have a good population testing it all out ourselves. It will give valuable feedback on what the game is becoming.

While shit may seem buggy, and wonky, it is up to the people to help us iron out the bugs/exploits. We do not need to test the base building and all that shit, we need to ultimate;y test the melee battle, because that is what makes a game like this. 1 server even if it is duels, can provide more than vauable insight on what game-play mechanics, they could be good they could be bad, but closed alpha can make incredible strides on making the game what it needs to be. SOmething like the every random tests just can not do justice because an occasional test eveery god knows whem, isnt helping at all. We need more testing phases, we need to see what wr are getting into. Stop trying to make the tests a random privilege, make it something where we can give amazing feedback. Lets be real, we will never know what we are getting into unless we try. Not to mention people having a blast on it can spread very good word and encourage people that want to try it but never will until release because we do not know what exactly we are into.

Early access is a great too im ironing out bad elements of the game before it comes to release.

Help us, help you, into making the best game ever.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
Re: Set up an alpha server
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 05:49:06 am »
+1
Deploy Shields!
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 07:17:28 am »
+1
lol I made a lot of typos in that post I was pretty fucking frunk
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:03:00 pm »
But the melee combat is going to be complete shit: look at how priorities have been set: fucking FOG animation before game is even playable, good one guys, good one. I wish I had never given you money tbh chadz, cause you really have no clue :D
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 09:33:55 pm »
+1
But the melee combat is going to be complete shit: look at how priorities have been set: fucking FOG animation before game is even playable, good one guys, good one. I wish I had never given you money tbh chadz, cause you really have no clue :D

The combat was pretty much on par with warband when I played it last spring. As far as I can tell it has already surpassed it by now, speaking of 360° angles. I think their priorities are spot on.

pogosan

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 10:13:43 pm »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:08 pm »
The combat was pretty much on par with warband when I played it last spring. As far as I can tell it has already surpassed it by now, speaking of 360° angles. I think their priorities are spot on.

on par with warband? really? top lol
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 10:46:11 pm »
Compared with games like War of the Roses, Life is Feudal, or Gloria Victis... yeah, pretty much.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 01:12:04 am »
+1

Have you worked on a video game?
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Maestro

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 10:48:35 am »
you cant compare War of the Roses to life is feudal, Roses is very good game(yes it  has some bugs and not too mutch content but it is good game).

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 03:12:35 pm »
+1
Guys I just got back home to play on my bro's super desktop computer. Just want to say I am really impressed, the combat already is much better than Warband now. Its seriously fluid and great fun, i would be happy if they released it in this state, would be brilliant :)
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 03:19:14 pm »
you cant compare War of the Roses to life is feudal, Roses is very good game(yes it  has some bugs and not too mutch content but it is good game).

I didn't compare one to the other. I compared both of them to Warband. And Melee BG is much more in the spirit of Warband than those other games.