Poll

What do you think should be done?

Increase battle/siege/rageball rewards to become superior to DTV again (DTV untouched).
Decrease DTV rewards a little and also increase the other game-modes' rewards.
Decrease DTV rewards back to the old version.
Remove DTV game-mode completely.
Other (discuss).

Author Topic: Adjust xp & gold gain  (Read 3222 times)

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
Re: Adjust xp & gold gain
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 03:24:58 pm »
+3
I enjoy DTV because it's a much more relaxed game-mode

+1

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 07:28:01 pm »
+1
I dont mind people playing DTV, i cant stand the game mode much more than i can siege (they give me the same vibe of completely mindless fighting) but to each their own... Dont kill the mode, just put it on equal ground, people who are attracted to DTV probably dont enjoy battle or siege enough to bother with that anyways (if dtv was killed off)..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 02:18:58 am »
+2
battle/ siege xp has already been doubled once. they might as well remove the grind completely at this point. theres never anybody playing when i get home anymore, eu1 used to be populated 24/7 even just 1 year ago. now its a ghost town at 9pm. i think if this games gonna claw back any of the many people (like me) that have stopped playing they need to fix all the items revert some of the really bad changes and massivly boost the gold/xp

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 07:51:16 pm »
I enjoy DTV because it's a much more relaxed game-mode where you can chat a lot more since bots generally take time to run to us each wave

Battle can be relaxing as well if you play it in the right way and you can also chat a lot during those special "whole server going full retard by running around in circles" moments.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1632
  • Infamy: 1913
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 08:22:11 pm »
Siege can also be relaxing if you play it in the "right way" like Kurt Frankenberg and Yakety Sax. Find a tower far away from flag and shoot at attackers spawn.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 05:46:54 pm »
+6
Here's a video that shows what DTV has turned into (mindless grindfest).

As you can see, the map has three entrances: a doorway next to our spawn, the gate and another doorway near the gate. This is a high level round, and it's finished in less than 3 minutes, getting the max reward, which is 87k xp (max gen) and 3k gold. The other two rounds I played before this were just the same.

This is what a lot of DTV players only want in DTV: fast and easy xp and gold. And it's what DTV mostly consists of with the new rotation.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:04:29 am by Patoson »

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 12:17:50 pm »
+3
Since the one-dimensional infantry AI is probably hard-coded, I don't assume it would be possible to change something about the mindless charge and group hug behavior, which only works because bots don't teamhit. That's why DTV will always be about exploiting weaknesses to survive the zerg rush. If bots acted more natural/cautiously and kept a reasonable distance from one another, being outnumbered by them wouldn't be so bad. The only thing that might help despite the AI, imo, would be to decrease their numbers and increase their stats by a lot.

I don't know what kind of server settings there are, but I think AI difficulty (if available) should be set to max and game speed to second highest. Since HRE DTV still has bots that spam like hell but only block one direction (at least harder than now), I'm guessing there are some AI settings. What would also be good is bots that spam AND block right, if possible. If you ask me, do everything to make individual bots stronger and then decrease their number. Then, maybe, you can fight them with skill instead of exploits and it won't be such a (meat-)grindfest anymore.

... and yes to super-nudge!! No to invisible walls!

edit: nice side-effect of fewer bots would be the option to increase player limit significantly.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:23:39 pm by War_Ferret »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2307
  • Infamy: 1832
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 01:19:30 pm »
+2
mindless

Best way to explain current state of DTV. Players are behaving just like bots, not using their brains at all. We can have a big map, we can be in the open, but fuck me if anyone will be smart enough to chose different s key route for his aggro'ed bag of bots. In the end bots will come to one place, because players don't think and will slaughter the players from all sides.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 02:45:46 pm »
+1
Another example of the braindead level DTV has reached. This time they decided to make the shieldwall much closer to the bot spawn, instead of in a line with the ballista platform, but it's basically the same. Some players are forced to leech because there's no space for everyone to fight.

(click to show/hide)

In the next video, you'll see that, while I was uploading the previous one, I rejoined the server to find out that it's playable (the way it's played) with a ping over 600. The rest of the video shows the dullness of most of the maps.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

The old village maps were quite open, like old Battle maps, and you could play DTV as if it were Battle, but against a noob mob that always charges in tight formation and chambers a lot. You could argue that's dull too, but I liked it. For a lot of us who have enjoyed the old DTV, this new rotation consisting of 99% tiny maps made for skill-less "tactics" is boring and frustrating when you are forced to either leech or leave the server because there is no room for everyone to fight, or you get bored after "x" rounds standing still and spamming overhead.

Sea Raid and Thermopylae (those shown in the videos) are the biggest grindfest cases in DTV now, and the xp and gold gain in those maps is insane.

(click to show/hide)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 06:17:11 am »
Another example of the braindead level DTV has reached. This time they decided to make the shieldwall much closer to the bot spawn, instead of in a line with the ballista platform, but it's basically the same. Some players are forced to leech because there's no space for everyone to fight.

(click to show/hide)

In the next video, you'll see that, while I was uploading the previous one, I rejoined the server to find out that it's playable (the way it's played) with a ping over 600. The rest of the video shows the dullness of most of the maps.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

The old village maps were quite open, like old Battle maps, and you could play DTV as if it were Battle, but against a noob mob that always charges in tight formation and chambers a lot. You could argue that's dull too, but I liked it. For a lot of us who have enjoyed the old DTV, this new rotation consisting of 99% tiny maps made for skill-less "tactics" is boring and frustrating when you are forced to either leech or leave the server because there is no room for everyone to fight, or you get bored after "x" rounds standing still and spamming overhead.

Sea Raid and Thermopylae (those shown in the videos) are the biggest grindfest cases in DTV now, and the xp and gold gain in those maps is insane.

(click to show/hide)

Yeah, DTV is a real shitshow these days. But I think these words are falling upon deaf ears anymore.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 06:00:33 pm »
+2
Basically too lazy to read the previous posts, so I might say something that has already been said.

Came back to cRPG last friday after a few months of not even having looked at it.

I like Siege and Battle a whole lot more than DTV, but I play DTV when the other servers are empty or to just relax and have a giggle.

The exp boost made it much more enjoyable, because it feels like I am actually accomplishing something when playing DTV, whereas before the exp boost it would take 5 hours to gather 100k exp. (Attention: Exaggerating)
But the last 2 days I caught myself playing more DTV than Siege/Battle cause of the huge exp gain advantage, even though I don't enjoy it as much.

Nerfing the exp back to pre-patch would be a mistake as Pato mentioned, instead increasing the other game mode's exp gaining rate would draw people like me to Siege/Battle more often again, while not nerfing the exp gain from DTV back to shit.

New players would level up faster, the veterans are already a freaking high level so it would not affect them as much as the new ones.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 04:27:52 am »
Is it a fact that DTV rewards are higher than in PVP modes? I don't think so.
With the new honor system, you just have to land 2 or 3 hits per round and get an additional 50k+ xp (incl. gen bonus) and 900 gold.
And rounds are much shorter than in DTV.

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 12:00:57 pm »
+1
You do know that the 50k xp isnt real right?

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 03:53:25 pm »
You do know that the 50k xp isnt real right?

wut?

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 03:58:17 pm »
+1
Look on the site to see your real xp amount the ingame xp is wrong due to the xp bug