Poll

What do you think should be done?

Increase battle/siege/rageball rewards to become superior to DTV again (DTV untouched).
Decrease DTV rewards a little and also increase the other game-modes' rewards.
Decrease DTV rewards back to the old version.
Remove DTV game-mode completely.
Other (discuss).

Author Topic: Adjust xp & gold gain  (Read 3229 times)

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Adjust xp & gold gain
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 07:10:13 pm »
Hmm, ok. Didn't know that. They should just fix it then, and rewards will be properly adjusted.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 07:52:14 pm »
Nerf gold and XP and then buff them !
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 10:31:07 pm »
+2
I've added another option to "remove DTV" and reset the votes. I've changed my mind and agree, more and more, with people who want DTV to be removed and make everyone play "real" game-modes. I agree both in the challenging aspect of the game-modes and in the detriment of the servers' population.

I hate to see that cRPG has come from my favourite PvP mod for Warband to become a boring game-mode full of leechers and nervous people. If you can't help getting mad in a game, at least play a real game-mode where you can't leech so easily.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 10:46:15 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

All praise Fips, the great thinker, who introduced new "no more exploiting" DTV.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 09:50:48 am »
+6
DTV needs to go. This is not what cRPG was designed for. Why give more reward for people killing bots? Some may argue it is to encourage new platyers, but new and old only play it because battle/siege is so unrewarding in comparison. Why not encourage people to play the real mode? Maybe give xp/gold the old system (proximity) on top of the ticks. So if you were close to a kill, give a bonus xp gold for that kill. This would not only discourage leeching in battle, but even if you are leeching and near a kill you provide a distraction for good players to kill a peasant, while the players can kill the other. Maybe I am just dumb, but I think adding the old proximity gold/xp to reward people who support the kill will not only will help with the DTV issue, it will actually make you feel like you are rewarded for being the stabbing pike guy or the backup slash that resulted in a kill, feel like you actually are being rewarded for playing.

I like the XP/gold ticks, but I feel like we should also be rewarded for being in the range of the kill, because just being near an enemy, having you being one more person to look out for, is contributing.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 05:57:53 pm »
DTV reward should get that big only for the two last waves as a major reward for managing to finish it completly (and that doesnt happen often).

Otherwise, reward for the other waves should go back to their previous version.
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 06:40:55 pm »
+1
Removing DTV surely would do no good? Yes some people would then switch to play siege or battle, but only increasing their population by a max of 15 each. And some may not even switch to the other game modes.

Honestly if you want me to start playing battle again I would like the attitude to the mode to change, more formations, group fighting etc. which I agree is hard for such small server populations. As for siege I personally just find too many maps which I don't like playing on.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2015, 07:42:35 pm »
+5
Well, I've come to hate DTV, because of the new rotation, the new absurd rewards, which make it more of a grindfest. Instead of a pseudo-battle mode where you fought bots instead of players, now it's just a mode where it takes 0 skill to win and still people bitch all the time about stupid things.

By removing DTV, cRPG would just be like during its origins (a "PvP" mod), and my best memories of this mod are from battle or siege, not DTV.

You could argue that it's a good game-mode for beginners, but so are the other game-modes. Sure, it's tough for a beginner to fight veteran players, but so is in every other online game, and, the harder it is, the faster you learn.

And if it takes away players from the other game-modes, and balance in the mod is directed towards "PvP", then DTV makes even less sense.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2015, 01:45:30 pm »
+1
I totally agree.... just 2 guys with mauls guarding an gate and killing 50 bots each hitspamming like tards isn't a game I want play to....
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2015, 01:59:43 pm »
+4
Throw out the Fips' maps, half the rewards. No patches or fixes will ever change the people's greed so as long as eu7 is more profitable than other servers, they'll just go and play there.

Removing the retarded maps that require 0 thinking to advance and reducing the gold and exp gain should fuel some players back to eu1/eu2.

But if you think removing DTV altogether will fix anything, then you're fucking delusional.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2437
  • Infamy: 723
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2015, 02:44:07 pm »
+5
Make bots stronger hitting but slower and with less HP. Open maps mean nothing if you can't utilize them, because you need a lot of AGI to be able to s key bots. When you have too much AGI you don't deal enough damage to bots. DTV is very build restrictive if we're talking about proper way of playing it.

Few years ago I could s key a train of bots into tight spaces and never get crowded. Some may find that lame but it is way more fun than staying in shieldwall or some tight space.

If you think bots would be too easy if you lower their level or change build, then give every bot skill set like those special bots have (chambering, feinting). But these current bots are lame, can survive ton of hits and are too fast. They aren't what I would call challenging, they are boring just like fighting a queen with ton of HP in some jRPG game.

Offline Linza

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LINZA
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 11:46:36 am »
Make bots stronger hitting but slower and with less HP. Open maps mean nothing if you can't utilize them, because you need a lot of AGI to be able to s key bots. When you have too much AGI you don't deal enough damage to bots. DTV is very build restrictive if we're talking about proper way of playing it.

Few years ago I could s key a train of bots into tight spaces and never get crowded. Some may find that lame but it is way more fun than staying in shieldwall or some tight space.

If you think bots would be too easy if you lower their level or change build, then give every bot skill set like those special bots have (chambering, feinting). But these current bots are lame, can survive ton of hits and are too fast. They aren't what I would call challenging, they are boring just like fighting a queen with ton of HP in some jRPG game.

A[r]chers!