Author Topic: I offered my resume.  (Read 4991 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: I offered my resume.
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 03:04:17 pm »
+5
You're either going to get patches with some issues that get hotfixed, or you will get nothing at all.

Donkey Crew are taking time away to implement what is effectively a fan made patch. They have handed over the reigns to community members pretty much, and if you don't like it you need to discuss pro's con's in the relevant threads about specific issues. Just be happy Donkey are taking time away from what is effectively their day job (which is still not really turning any revenue yet) to implement a patch for a free mod they don't have time to support anymore

OP I have a degree in psychology. If I submit my resume will you consider employing me to try to correct your character flaws?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kooktar

• Java2EE Senior Software Architect
  • Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2015, 03:10:36 pm »
+4
Trolled hef hef?

On a serious note. I love this mod dearly. I did in fact attempt to lend my skillset to help improve this game we all love. It's a bit of a let down to not even get a simple rejection from the team, all I heard was silence. Tydeus spoke to me a few times in regards, but basically I was told, to go eff mahself. So on that note maybe I'm a bit bitter.

As for the nutcuppers that blew up this thread, do you not realize that this is the ultimate 'Fuck You' to the community? All of you people who pledged Battlegrounds? I pledged, because I'm in love with the idea. This 'team' literally can't even open their own fucking game for one second to see if it launches without errors.

Now my longspear transforms into a spear as I swap weaps. And my head doesn't exist. And I get to see pretty red text flood my screen as the game loads. And the animations are wonky. And the server stability (possibly netcode) is hosed.

Literally, one second, this team can't even give you one second of their time, but expect us to hand over foot dish out $$$ for what? The same business strategy for the next gen? Where we give a big ol' middle finger to the community that made us what we are, and continually deliver shit? Because we are too hipster to test our stuff, its rawk solid.

One fucking second to open their own game...
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline kooktar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 03:36:18 pm »
+1
I'd be pretty mad to see the devs fucking about with cRPG for any serious amount of time if i'd donated money to M:BG, they should be working on their commercial title. Unfortunately I was not active when donations were being taken, and the kickstarter failed so they have none of my cash backing them, but if they did i'm be pissed off if they spent more time on this mod when they should be working on Melee. That'd be the biggest 'fuck you', if the devs took cash for their project and then went back to be being simple warband modders.

The bugs in this patch come from the work done by the community members behind this patch. If you want to give genuine constructive criticism or share your expertise, join the item team and see what you can do to help this patch or future patches come out bug free.

Firstly, company branding is a pretty cool thing. When you buy a Coke, you get that sweet red Coke can with that identifiable and lovable Coke logo. If my Coke tastes like asshole, it's on Coke to soak up the responsibility. When you plaster your next gen title all over my broken loading screen, you are getting your logo out there for the good... or possibly the bad.

Secondly, get that donkey dick outta yer mouth breh. Here is story time, to elaborate my point. I am Company X I just came out with this sweet new kickstarter page. I'm gettin' dat cash, gettin' dat cash... WHOA! I just hit mah goal. Now I got all this moneh and I gotta deliver, welp, I'm a lazy fuck so let me outsource all this shit to China for pennies on the dollar. I get to keep a substantial amount of $$$ to have sex with, while slave-esque labor produces my product. The product ships without a hitch and on time, deadlines were met and I look fucking sweeeeeeet! Except for those nasty reviews about how shitteh my game is, wtf. How am I responsible for this turd just because my name is stamped on it?

The Crew, interviewed the current 'community team' in some form I am hoping. Regardless of what sub-contractor works on a deliverable, the companies name is on the line. So sure maybe San fucked this up as Tydeus before him, irregardless, the blame is on the real Dev Team for hiring on the staff and giving them authority to be in charge of the mod.

If my Coke tastes like asshole I don't call up the factory that made the bad batch.. I call mother fucking Coke. Now get that schlong outta that purty mouth boy.
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline kooktar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2015, 03:51:18 pm »
Gawd its buried deep down that throat.

By the way, nice racist account picture.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2015, 04:02:08 pm »
+6

Offline kooktar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 04:47:30 pm »
Now that's an interesting thing to say, please kindly explain why it's racist, I am eager to hear your reasoning

Please stop trying to derail mah thread breh. I know that cawk is buried deep, and you love its presence, and you'll do your damnedest to gag down another 1/4 inch.

But this thread is about the poor quality/lack of effort from a company that wants mah money as an investor. I want to give them said moneh, and I want them to succeed because far too few games today are worth a shit. But in-experience rears its ugly head and ya try to nip a few problems in the bud verses tarnishing a name and potentially future investment opportunities, and suddenly all of these 'all the way to the balls' folks come waddling out of the boonies to spew their two cents and become cRPG forum famous.

So unless you wanna post something on how the Dev team can 'more better' pull their heads outta their asses, refrain from tainting mah thread. Btw its time to remove the cawk breh.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:50:31 pm by kooktar »

Offline kooktar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 05:17:05 pm »
I was under the false impression that this thread was about you crying your little eyes out because devs don't value your obnoxious talents.

I'm not derailing your thread, you are the one who mentioned that my account picture is racist, i'd love to hear why you think so since i'd hate to be causing offence. I do hope it's not that case that you realised you cannot answer that question without sounding racist yourself and now you're hopelessly backpedalling from your previous comment. That would be a shame.

In the words of the great HESKEYTIME, 'Gurgle, gurgle.'

It was obvious troll bait breh, and you swallowed it up as I had intended like ya swallow up that donkey dick. Your arguments carry no weight related to this particular topic because you have no real world experience to base said arguments off of. Granted you are cRPG famous, and I rarely but ever post on these forums, but for gods sake breh. Please remove that donkey dick from the throat. Every time you open up that gaping mouth ya just bury yourself even more under my superiority.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2015, 05:31:56 pm »
+9

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2015, 06:05:13 pm »
You see, you say it's bait, but you appear to be backing right off from the moment I took you up on it.

It's a simple enough question isn't it? Or does your excessive real-world experience make it difficult to understand such a simple question?

Also you should probably see someone about your obsession with donkey dick, or is that part of the 'real world experience' you seem to be boasting about, swallowed a lot of donkey dick have you? But back on point, without pussying out, backing down and trying to change the subject, would you care to explain what is racist about my account picture? Since you seemed very eager to bring that up, it is strange to me to see you running away from the subject now.
He got muted.100%.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2015, 06:05:47 pm »
+11
Funny. It's as if OP just got hired in some corporate biz, finished the quick intro to corporate software development and delivery and is raging at a non-commercial, super old, near extinct, now mostly community-run mod for an indie game for not doing things "like the big guys do".

No, there is not a single valid argument here, only a hissy fit thrown by an obviously unpleasant person.

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2015, 06:14:19 pm »
It's so rude how everyone on the forum who has beef with me decides to go and get 100% mute half-way through our arguments...

Sometimes I think I must be cursed.

Such a terrible curse :D

+1 on the mute he went full retard...

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 06:48:34 pm »
+4
I got tired scrolling down the whole thread.

when i first torrented bought Warband, I imagined the multiplayer system was gonna be identical as cRPG. But instead they gave me fucking medieval counter strike. Then I discovered cRPG and , no matter what anyone thinks, I dont think it could ve been made any better, good chaps.

Of course there will be lots of crying after every patch, it is impossible to make everyone happy at the same time.

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 07:11:00 pm »
+6
Java2EE senior software architect lol

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 08:20:06 pm »
+1
I don't know the "Java2EE senior software architect" so I can't judge him.
But I hope the donkey crew had good reasons not to welcome help from the guy.

With a title like that I'm sure he would have had heavy impact on the development process.

Besides this guy, there must be quite a few other full time developers playing this mod.
I hope this thread doesn't stop them from offering their help.

Really looking forward to M:BG and the donkeys need all help they can get IMO.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2015, 08:39:52 pm »
+1
How much of crpg's code is written in Java? I can't remember...

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far