Author Topic: War with the Whore  (Read 6450 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: War with the Whore
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2015, 12:37:57 am »
+1
Okay, really guys... raiding? Raids are what you do to kill off strat. There is literally no purpose behind raiding (unless you are an EU-level play-to-win tryhard, and just look how fun their strat is... some of their active players came to NA), and it simply isn't advisable in this stage of strat. You take the gear out of the village, the village gets attacked the next night, the village is taken since defense has no gear... and... what is gained? Another pixel fief for you guys? Are we really having a war here to get as many pixel points as possible, or are we fighting to have some fun battles? We minds well leverage the free population that fiefs provide us to get some fights going since producing tickets is hard for both sides here.

I just woke up, and changed it to a siege(Woke up just in time to do it too). DaBirds(UKillMe or whatever his forum name is) and the Queen can get PO'd at me if he wants. Fuck raiding. If we start raiding you guys you'll start raiding us and then no one will have fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2015, 12:54:37 am »
Much appreciated, and glad that we're on the same page. Raiding will make strat get real nasty real quick.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2015, 04:03:01 am »
+3
I just woke up, and changed it to a siege(Woke up just in time to do it too). DaBirds(UKillMe or whatever his forum name is) and the Queen can get PO'd at me if he wants. Fuck raiding. If we start raiding you guys you'll start raiding us and then no one will have fun.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2015, 08:13:51 am »
+3
Bryggan, I've already specified how and why we are not an empire.  As a former emperor or "High King" you mock your self by falsely accusing us of being such.  For other's sake I will again clarify that we are a confederation or union of factions, namely Mithrim, HoC, and Taser (Mind Calamari?).  Unlike your former empire we do not have a centralized government.  Compare to the European Union.

Well, I was obviously using rhetoric.  I know your RP isn't imperial, but I will continue to imply it for propaganda purposes.  And I should add that the Romans were a republic when they started their empire.  When someone was dangerous, they would attack and occupy.  Also, any one who needed their protection started off as a 'friend and ally', but later became a subject state.

So the democrats of Rome had an empire.  An empire is not such a bad thing.  I really enjoyed mine, but we did not have a centralized government.  In fact, there was no control at all.  I was just a High King among the kings, and could not order people about.  i asked favours and kissed a lot of ass.  My job was to keep the peace between the kingdoms (which I failed utterly at), but I could not order people about unless I had permission from their monarch.

But you eschew the Roman Imperial comparison. There are other examples in history.The Mukden incident, when the Japanese attacked China for their attack on a railway- a purely defensive move... oh, wait, the Japanese had an emporer then!  I guess there was the time the Germans attacked Czechoslovakia cuz the Czeckz and Slovaks were about to kill the Sudentland Germans.  A purely defensive move, and I think we all applaud it.

But yet I, lover of freedom and peace, see the Wardens steamroll all the lesser factions, either through battle or forcing them to be client states (yeah, you're free, but trade for us and give us money and don't raise armies), I just feel I cannot stand still and watch.

As you all know, I have always been a supporter of the 'trade simulator' envisioned by our most holy devs.  Yet some individuals feel the need to destroy that dream by having battles.  As i weep thinking of how low Strat has become, I am also inspired.  To achieve our dream of trade simulator, we must attack the filthy, evil, scoundrelly, smelly Wardens and deny them their evil plan of total authoritarian control.

As anyone who knows me knows, I hate to  fight.  But to stop this oppression, I will take up arms!  And I invite you all to join me in this bloody crusade!!!!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2015, 11:39:28 pm »
+1
1. What's happening?

Not even I know... there's some weird shenanigans, and definitely some witchcraft going on. Like shit... time travel is now a feature?!?

Anyone else see that on the top of their archived NA battle list? The details of that battle make it even weirder... it shows that no one showed up, yet defenders lost all their troops, attackers lost none, and yet... defense won. LOGIC.

2. How can i profit from this?

Attack things. Attack all the things.

And can we please try and avoid all these early morning battles and try and keep it all more or less in primetime? 4:45pm was alright for today, since it was a weekend, though definitely not preferable. But 7:45am:?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Talanarsis

• Count
  • Renown: 177
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Stark
  • Game nicks: Not so Innocent Virgin
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2015, 12:03:45 am »
+2
Not even I know... there's some weird shenanigans, and definitely some witchcraft going on. Like shit... time travel is now a feature?!?

Damn, he noticed it... Alright boys, throw the Naz! scientists in the truck and get that time machine out of here!

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2015, 01:18:17 am »
Shit they know about our time traveling army. We better attack their fiefs with it in the future before they figure out how to kill it in the past by finding out where it'll be!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2015, 01:39:19 am »

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2015, 02:06:13 am »
+1
At least its only at midnight? I'll message him about changing it though. That is kind of lame to have night time set to NA prime time.

Edit: Just remember the east coast is a thing

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2015, 02:28:54 am »
+1
Yeah... I'm east coast and we attacked at 6:30-7pm. Battle got postponed to 3am. :?

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2015, 10:41:20 am »
You scoundrels!!!

Yes, you pigs in wolf's clothing!  In typical Strat fashion, the lines have been drawn.  To quote some leader of some country at some time, "Those who are not for us are against us."

That sort of bro-coding annoys us to no end.  So hear this!  All of the 13 Knights will support whoever we deem to be the underdog (except Dirk- he's stuck in camp again, and is quite happy to trade for Blue and his neutral faction to ensure a strong, defendable trading simulating group.
Which is all good for them, but my blood boils at the thought of the Wardens crushing everyone they think that they may stand in their way!  I am putting a call out for support against the tyrannical rule of these self righteous low lifes! (this is for propaganda purposes only; I personally like Finnian, Thalion and Rostham (and probably the rest) and 'm sure we'd be bffs if we lived closer together- but that's not the point- I am trying to incite you to war!).  Um, where was I?  Oh yeah- scoundrelly, lousy, evil-minded, grasping, belligerent A-holes.  And by A, I mean Asgard, in which they create a hole to send our ticks to Asgard.

So, all you licentious dick for brains, man up, sharpen your weapons, and stand in the shieldwall of justice! (just kidding, we stopped making people sit in shieldwalls a long time ago.  A Euro tactic, where they like everything neat and ordered.  you sit there, get shot at by arrows, and when the first shield breaks due to range (about the same time most NAers fall asleep), you charge.  And then everyone hacks til everyone is dead, then you do it again.

BUT!  Neither I or the Wardens insisted on such tactics.  We both like guys with initiative (you've been playing NA1 forever, you know what to do), wither flanking, or chasing for getting chased (a good way to tie up four of the enemy- they love to chase peasannts).  But go in TS so we have a slight idea of what you are doing- and can give the gentle reminder that you are being stupid- which happens to us all battle raged individuals sometimes.

So, when I go to war (which I will do after some shopping), I beg and plead of you to keep the rosters even.  AS much as you hate me or love the Wardens, remember your first love- a good battle.  And i know on both sides we had some glorious defeats, i which we lost, but the battle itself was so epci it made everyone happy.  We also remember the gankings, in which it was as miserable for the winner as it was the loser.

So, even though an oath made me quit; I'll break that oath if we have decent roster support.  And I'm sure our honourable, worthy, wonderful (oops, propaganda) nasty, Bolshevik, back-stabbing enemies would agree on this.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2015, 11:33:39 am »
Hello, yes, I am the underdog please, thank you

All hail the mighty Empire!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2015, 06:50:58 pm »
Oh yeah, might have to rename faction, since that gold armour came out I couldn't resist looming the full set to +3 in Uxhaul (all at -20%+ discount, only 5% tax buy now!), so now long-story short I now have a ton of pimped out golden plate which doesn't really fit the Empire theme.

But... I can't wear plate now!  :(

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2015, 07:08:13 pm »
+1
Do I look like a strength crutch to you?  :lol:

<------- [See description]

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2015, 03:41:16 pm »
+1
Do I look like a strength crutch to you? 

Do you REALLY want to know what you look like?  I kid, I kid..