Author Topic: February patch preview, input appreciated  (Read 26403 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: February patch preview, input appreciated
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2015, 04:10:07 pm »
+4
I stronagły suggest renaming this thread to march patch preview  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2015, 06:23:37 pm »
+3
That's awesome!
Any news on the map rotation for DTV too?
i spoke to san and teeth about taking out some maps which kill the server population, and san is going to check for new ones to add
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2015, 06:24:39 pm »
+1
I stronagły suggest renaming this thread to march patch preview  :wink:
chadzian tomorrow!

if we aimed for march, it could take till april :(

nah, seriously, it's gonna be feb :lol:
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Richyy

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • ¤=[]:::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Richy_ / xDan / Rychi
  • IRC nick: Richy
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2015, 09:58:46 pm »
+1
Thanks, San!

DTV rewards doubled and max exp cap increased
Yes! time to get my peasent gear out of the closet

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2015, 11:05:19 pm »
On the topic of crossbows I think Arbalest needs a buff. It's pointless cos it takes the same number of hits to kill someone as the Heavy does which shoots a lot faster.

I think crpg's sole arbalest user will be very happy with this. I used to love that thing but.. everyone that used to use it just moved to heavy crossbow since there was no point to staying with it besides sentimentality.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2015, 12:37:07 am »
San please incorporate the Heirloom pack for the mod its amazing and alot of people like it and it has no flaws!

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2015, 12:42:45 am »
+4
San please incorporate the Heirloom pack for the mod its amazing and alot of people like it and it has no flaws!

Too much gold imho.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2015, 01:40:31 am »

It's up to the Item team.

I think crpg's sole arbalest user will be very happy with this. I used to love that thing but.. everyone that used to use it just moved to heavy crossbow since there was no point to staying with it besides sentimentality.

I think crossbow should just be pick up and play for the average person, but still be good for a dedicated build. I think with an accuracy buff it helps both types, along with the body/headshot improvements, with Heavy Crossbow receiving a small accuracy boost, Arbalest receiving a large accuracy boost, and the others obtain something inbetween.

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2015, 01:48:59 am »
we'd have to make heirloom pack versions of all the new items first, and we simply don't have the capacities for that

maybe there is a way of making the heirloom pack more accessible for the casuls who aren't prowling the forum 24/7, but it will most likely stay an add-on rather than a necessary part of the base mod

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2015, 01:53:21 am »
On the topic of crossbows I think Arbalest needs a buff. It's pointless cos it takes the same number of hits to kill someone as the Heavy does which shoots a lot faster.

to my understanding as a 30+ gens dedicated ranged autist, the core feature the arbalest has which the heavy crossbow lacks is additional accuracy, and it's well worth investing +3 strength, +13 wpf and paying +360 upkeep. the arbalest defeats its purpose if you use it with too little wpf (get around 185 before armor penalties). it is vastly superior to the heavy crossbow when you go for long range headshots with an adequate build.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2015, 02:04:58 am »
Before I went archer (long, long time ago), I was a crossbowman. And I can tell you that arbalest are (or at least were, when people weren't at level 35) extremely deadly on siege, or on large maps with covers (doesn't matter if it's a tree, a ruin, or a shielder), since you could easily kill someone with 1 or two bolts, from far. Now, the average player got 60+ body armor, and landing a headshot is the only way to kill someone quickly. The big downside is the speed of the reload : an heavy crossbow is much more suited for fighting in medium ranges than arbalest (basically, if you're a battle player, you won't find yourself with an arbalest, or it's at your own risks), since if you miss, the guy won't let you the time to relaoad, while it's not always the case with the heavy crossbow. The ranged buff will probably have its effects on crossbows, and I won't be able to charge a guy bearing an arbalest, which is logical after all.

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2015, 08:15:29 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Not saying I am not enjoying it

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2015, 11:14:03 am »
cRPG Version 0.286, and I'm not even kidding. Just put a level cap at level 33 and revert to the old WPF system. Keep the new items and the new balances to weapons.

Offline Akavirius

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Republic of Wercheg
  • Game nicks: Tanit, Darth_Beggar, Matilda, HibouHibou, Ishak, Ritter_Dora, Shrek_is_Love xXx_420N0Sc0P3_xXx
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2015, 11:28:46 am »
+5
Nobody seems to have talked about it, so, I'll go for it.

What's with the projected balance of thrown weapons?

(click to show/hide)

I'm all about realism, given some balance is possible. and balance is possible, but not this.

But seriously? Throwing daggers are totally unrealistic and ahistorical weapons that should be nerfed to death(1), i'm serious.
Darts (and war darts) are historical weapons, they are very different from those tiny projectiles you throw at dartboards. (search Plumbata)
Javelins will become a peashooter : lots of ammo, low damage (just what darts and war darts should be). Javs are fine as they are now.

(1)I'd lower ammo, or accuracy, and maybe 25-27c damage (not all three obviously)

For ranged in general, for a good nerf, accuracy and ammo should be reduced, not damage. That way the DPS is not reduced, but total theoretical damage is reduced.
Tanit Aeronautics - The Kerbal Space Program where we send probes before Kerbals, except for those test pilots that died. Rest In Pepperoni

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2015, 12:01:38 pm »
Nobody seems to have talked about it, so, I'll go for it.

What's with the projected balance of thrown weapons?

(click to show/hide)

I'm all about realism, given some balance is possible. and balance is possible, but not this.

But seriously? Throwing daggers are totally unrealistic and ahistorical weapons that should be nerfed to death(1), i'm serious.
Darts (and war darts) are historical weapons, they are very different from those tiny projectiles you throw at dartboards. (search Plumbata)
Javelins will become a peashooter : lots of ammo, low damage (just what darts and war darts should be). Javs are fine as they are now.

(1)I'd lower ammo, or accuracy, and maybe 25-27c damage (not all three obviously)

For ranged in general, for a good nerf, accuracy and ammo should be reduced, not damage. That way the DPS is not reduced, but total theoretical damage is reduced.

Ugh, realism? Really? Bleh
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA