Author Topic: Satiric newspaper attacked in France  (Read 17959 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1596
  • Infamy: 1127
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Satiric newspaper attacked in France
« Reply #420 on: January 10, 2015, 01:38:34 am »
When will start the mourning for the victims of todays police raid?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 10, 2015, 01:41:38 am »
This is the dissonance I'm not getting.  When attacks like this actually happen, as they have over the past several days, people desperately try to blame everything else but the obvious, which in this case are Islamists and their religion of pieces.

Blaming doesn't solve problems. But yeah, if you really want to blame, blaming Islam feels natural. Of course, discussing where the blame lies conveys to nothing, as causality is merely an abstraction.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #422 on: January 10, 2015, 01:53:21 am »
I never understood why depictions of Muhammed causes such an uproar amongst certain muslims. I mean there's a lot of depictions of Muhammed made by Muslims that were made during the Medieval age that exist to this day.

Like:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 10, 2015, 02:06:45 am »
I never understood why depictions of Muhammed causes such an uproar amongst certain muslims. I mean there's a lot of depictions of Muhammed made by Muslims that were made during the Medieval age that exist to this day.

Like:

Is that the archangel behind him?

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 10, 2015, 02:09:16 am »

The depictions can be construed as idolatry and considered shirk, which is an unforgivable crime

Oh well.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #425 on: January 10, 2015, 02:33:08 am »
+3
Guy in a video of the Paris attacks shouts ALLAHU AKBAR WE HAVE AVENGED THE PROPHET

Surely its a lone wolf and has NOTHING to do with the religion of Islam as a whole /sarc

So if I kill some random people and shout something like "Jesus is Great" its the whole Christianity's fault? Makes sense.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:37:35 am by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 10, 2015, 02:39:23 am »
So if I kill some random people and shout something like "Jesus is Great" all Christians are bad? Makes sense.

Charlie Hebdo had some very funny spoofs on Christianity, and no Christians went to their offices to gun the artists down

Not sure where you're coming from

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 10, 2015, 02:43:21 am »
And if 1 lone deranged sick christian idiot had, would we be having this exact same discussion about all christianity?

No, because that's not what occurred.  Not certain what purpose what ifs serve when we know what happened

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
« Reply #428 on: January 10, 2015, 02:48:36 am »
+1
No, because that's not what occurred.  Not certain what purpose what ifs serve when we know what happened

So if one sick christian decides to kill hundreds of people with drones, disregarding any law, alot of people in Pakistan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Syria and many other countries have all the right to hate on christians  am I right?
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 10, 2015, 02:49:49 am »
So if one sick christian decides to kill hundreds of people with drones, disregarding any law alot of people in Pakistan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Syria and many other countries have all the right to hate on christians  am I right?

Again, I'm only looking at what happened.  Can't change the facts to suit your narrative

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 10, 2015, 02:51:25 am »
+1
Again, I'm only looking at what happened.  Can't change the facts to suit your narrative

So you are telling the US gouvernement aren't haven't killed hundreds of civilians using drones?

(Barack Obama as a president should be the guy responsible for it.)

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 10, 2015, 02:52:00 am »
So you are telling the US gouvernement aren't haven't killed hundreds of civilians using drones?

What does that have to do with Islamic terrorists gunning down satirists?

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 10, 2015, 02:53:27 am »
+2
What does that have to do with Islamic terrorists gunning down satirists?

It just has something to do with generalisation about muslims. Just to give you an example why they could hate us all (if they would).

In the end I just wanted to show you why generalisation is dangerous and why being speicific is important, especially in cases like this.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:57:38 am by sF_Guardian »

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 10, 2015, 02:57:09 am »
It just has something to do with generalisation about muslims. Just to give you an example why they could hate us all (if they would).

Muslims killed satirists that dared to insult their supposed "Prophet".  If that's all it takes to set Muslims off, then there's something wrong with the religion itself.

I'm sorry if you don't like the course of events.  Might as well declare a fatwa on me too

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2721
  • Infamy: 547
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 10, 2015, 03:00:30 am »
Hope that muslims will do something interesting in Germany and Austria, those bastions of equality and tolerance.