Author Topic: Satiric newspaper attacked in France  (Read 17984 times)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: Satiric newspaper attacked in France
« Reply #435 on: January 10, 2015, 03:03:28 am »
+1
Muslims killed satirists that dared to insult their supposed "Prophet".  If that's all it takes to set Muslims off, then there's something wrong with the religion itself.

I'm sorry if you don't like the course of events.  Might as well declare a fatwa on me too

They are not muslims. They are islamic extremists that have nothing to do with most of the members of that religion.
You know Muslims can't choose who is a member of their religion.
If the are so obsessed about their religion they might need some help but you can't judge a whole religion upon a very tiny majority of it's members.

Hope that muslims will do something interesting in Germany and Austria, those bastions of equality and tolerance.

Call me a hyppocrite, I don't care.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:06:29 am by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 10, 2015, 03:04:00 am »
The fact that it's total bias against Islam, you wouldnt treat any other group like this for doing the same or worse.

You're talking like this is a unique thing to islamic extremists, well it wasnt from Islam that the UK saw the majority of it's terror attacks it was from Catholic extremists in the IRA. Notice how we didnt flip out over the religion or against their nationality. Is the IRA still launching terror attacks on civilians in the UK?

And stupid Americans kill schoolchildren simply because their life didnt go the way they wanted, if that's all it takes to set Americans off, then there's something wrong with the country itself.

You're missing the point.  Its what happened.  No accusations of bias can change the facts.

Since you're curious, I'm an atheist myself.  I'm no fan of Catholics and their Pope, etc.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 10, 2015, 03:12:56 am »
Mmm, the whole 'islam is evil' thing loses some of it's weight if the anti-islamists are the ones hoping for additional incidents like this.

I figured, and i figure you'd prefer to be rid of the whole backwards practice of religion. The 'facts' seem to be open to debate since you seem convinced the attack was made by 'islam' rather than by 2 sick idiots using islam as their excuse. The point is what you do afterwards, who you blame, and how you react. The IRA bombings are in living memory for many people, it strikes me as strange that such a different reaction is warranted when it involves muslims.

Except nobody is "hoping" for more bloodshed (not sure why Leshma would say that other than to trip me up).  Again, its known where these people were trained and what ideology (and by extension, religion) they were exposed to.  I've already gone over a few ideas of what could be done (though the likelihood of any of it happening under Hollande is slim to none at best).

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
« Reply #438 on: January 10, 2015, 03:15:15 am »
Except nobody is "hoping" for more bloodshed (not sure why Leshma would say that other than to trip me up).  Again, its known where these people were trained and what ideology (and by extension, religion) they were exposed to.  I've already gone over a few ideas of what could be done (though the likelihood of any of it happening under Hollande is slim to none at best).

Imo it is still debateable if religion turns people in to fucked up beings or if fucked up beings just use religion as an excuse to do fucked up things.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 10, 2015, 03:16:57 am »
Imo it is still debateable if religion turns people in to fucked up beings or if fucked up beings just use religion as an excuse to do fucked up things.

Is this enough proof

(click to show/hide)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 10, 2015, 03:18:19 am »
Is this enough proof

(click to show/hide)

I don't know how this picture should answer my question. I'm not the kind of guy that goes all panic mode if something like this incident happens.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 10, 2015, 03:22:48 am »
I don't know how this picture should answer my question. I'm not the kind of guy that goes all panic mode if something like this incident happens.

The religion of peace did a pretty good job of making some monsters.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 10, 2015, 03:27:34 am »
The religion of peace did a pretty good job of making some monsters.

I don't think it's the religion that turns people into monsters.
There's alot of factors that turn people into monsters, being obsessed about religion might be a part of it but surely not the one and only.

"American culture of freedom did a pretty good job of making some monsters"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:30:57 am by sF_Guardian »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 902
  • Infamy: 1560
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 10, 2015, 03:29:34 am »
+1
Except nobody is "hoping" for more bloodshed

It will happen, sooner or later. And many right wingnuts are hoping for more incidents like this because it will strengthen their position.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 10, 2015, 03:32:01 am »
+2
30 pages later, the conclusion is its America's fault, well done gents.  Spot on.

just as a side note, this was on page 9 yesterday evening, busy bees youve been.  I dont see what there is to discuss honestly.  Shit is all done and said now.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 10, 2015, 03:33:11 am »
That there's some blood on the ground? I dont think that proves anything. None of us are disputing that the attack happened, and that it was fucked up, but does it matter what a sick delusional blames their sick delusional actions on? For me it feels too much like trying to absolve the fucked up individual of blame, 'It's not their fault, their messed up religion made them do it', it is their fault, their singular fault, those individuals were messed up in their little dream world and got what they deserved.

And i suppose murderers who dont believe in a god were 'made' by their atheism? Or maybe there are just monsters from all backgrounds, it's just that the news only gets excited when they use the word 'Allah'. If they're obsessed with a religion to the point where they're willing to do what those fucks did, do you really think they'd have been healthy well-adjusted individuals if they were atheist?

Do I think fucked up people would be less fucked up if they weren't exposed to religion?  This one in particular?  Yes.  Granted, this never would have happened in the first place if they were kicked out of France after coming back from Yemen.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 10, 2015, 03:33:30 am »
Those right wingnuts (along with many on this forum) will be so disappointed when the streets dont run red with innocent blood.

The interesting part about it is that those right wingnuts hope for more incidents like this so they get the power to turn their country into a peaceful and harmonic place of human rights...

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #447 on: January 10, 2015, 03:46:50 am »
Hope that muslims will do something interesting in Germany and Austria, those bastions of equality and tolerance.

Can you specify?

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 10, 2015, 03:48:03 am »
That's what i think the larger issue is, for people to be able to claim *now* with an absolute certainty that one of the brothers received arms training in an Al Quaeda camp and that this was a known fact, and one brother is speculated to have had ISIS connections, how was this even allowed to happen?

Also, the fact they were able to get weapons in a country where the populace and police force are not typically armed. You and i are on different sides of the gun control fence, but i'm sure we can agree that the worst-case scenario is that the *wrong* people can get guns without the public having a defense.

Wanting to prevent attacks like these, there are certainly things that can be done to help prevent against *any* deranged gunman attacks, regardless of what delusion they suffer from.

At the very least, the open border policy needs to be reassessed.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #449 on: January 10, 2015, 04:06:23 am »