Author Topic: Thoughts about "mod is dying and keeping it alive"  (Read 10044 times)

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
Re: Thoughts about "mod is dying and keeping it alive"
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2015, 06:15:59 pm »
+2
As far as I know San prepared another patch long time ago, the problem is only chadz can launch it. And he has "lazy" in his title not without a reason...

Which is exactly what I mean by giving them more power. chadz and co are busy with the new game which is understandable, but the old one is going to die within a few months. There's no reason not to let the still somewhat excited devs/balancers tinker with the mod without a need for approval by the original creators. Who knows, they might come up with something good that will be used in M:BG as well...

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2015, 06:27:29 pm »
+3
There's also the item team that fixed the item bugs long ago and continue to bring in/create new ones.

Offline andreakarasho

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • MEMENTO AVDERE SEMPER
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _ReaL_DeaL_ - Macrone_Legionarivs
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2015, 06:41:34 pm »
There's also the item team that fixed the item bugs long ago and continue to bring in/create new ones.
I started to play 1 year ago and during this time i saw that the team realased patch frequently (for little or big bugs), but not now :(.
Why?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2015, 07:39:03 pm »
i approve, give san/tydeus complete control over the mod. at this stage, chadz cmp and co. are too busy to do this stuff, they should just let go of the reins.

also, we need someone who will actually listen when we say fix lag plsx :P
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2015, 07:56:52 pm »
+1
Oh god no, just want a patch to fix some stuff that broke. If things become "balanced" enough for most, there's little reason for a patch outside of new content, outside of what balancers do. Don't think people want random numbers to be switched around too much anyways.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2015, 08:02:27 pm »
Oh god no, just want a patch to fix some stuff that broke. If things become "balanced" enough for most, there's little reason for a patch outside of new content, outside of what balancers do. Don't think people want random numbers to be switched around too much anyways.

buff wakizashi 2k15

(click to show/hide)

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2015, 12:59:07 am »
+7
Merge battle, siege and conquest into one server with rotating modes? atleast thered be like 50+ players constant unless everyone would just leave when the mode they enjoy is gone.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2015, 01:03:53 am »
+2
server has been really laggy lately despite having pretty steady 40-50 ping on NA with low population.

are the server set to auto reboot each day?

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2015, 01:08:46 am »
+1
Merge battle, siege and conquest into one server with rotating modes? atleast thered be like 50+ players constant unless everyone would just leave when the mode they enjoy is gone.

even better than that, remove rain. i know that the times i've tried to play recently i've quit as soon as rain has come on; it's no fun whatsoever playing an agility build in the rain, when your only advantage is gone and you are basically nerfed to hell by the rain. i know lots of other people dislike rain and quit when it comes on.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2015, 03:19:36 am »
Can't revive a dessicated corpse.  At some point the plug needs to be pulled on this mod.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2015, 04:34:38 pm »
+2
even better than that, remove rain. i know that the times i've tried to play recently i've quit as soon as rain has come on; it's no fun whatsoever playing an agility build in the rain, when your only advantage is gone and you are basically nerfed to hell by the rain. i know lots of other people dislike rain and quit when it comes on.

Playing from horseback when it rains is terrible.
I usually either quit or rejoin with another character on rainy maps and I've done that for years.

Rain has always been the worst thing about cRPG IMO. Then it's the nightime. Then the fog.
Rain/nighttime/fog only ruins gameplay.

Most players ahve agreed with this for years, yet, nothing has really been done about it.
I hope the same mistake is not done with M:BG.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2015, 06:16:48 pm »
+2
Most players ahve agreed with this for years, yet, nothing has really been done about it.
I hope the same mistake is not done with M:BG.

I know I am in the minority, but I like the changing weather. Heavy fog now and then can be really fun (except on featureless plains maps or randomly generated stuff). Rain and night-time are graphically fine to me. The mechanical nerf of rain doesn't bother me one way or another. If I am playing my xbow guy and it starts to rain, I just keep playing him.

Oh god no, just want a patch to fix some stuff that broke.

Imagine the wonderful line of succession if forum posters could elect players to admin/dev positions against that player's will.  :lol:

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2015, 06:26:32 pm »
Imagine the wonderful line of succession if forum posters could elect players to admin/dev positions against that player's will.  :lol:

That would kill the mod for real

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2015, 06:36:30 pm »
That would kill the mod for real

and yet people post like that on the forum for every game and mod ever

the human brain is pretty fucked up

deep thought for the day thx for reading

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2015, 06:47:24 pm »
and yet people post like that on the forum for every game and mod ever

the human brain is pretty fucked up

deep thought for the day thx for reading

NA_cRPG_1: 2 players