Author Topic: Thoughts about "mod is dying and keeping it alive"  (Read 9946 times)

Offline Homey_D_Clown

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts about "mod is dying and keeping it alive"
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2015, 06:52:50 pm »
+3
bring back ladders and jumpshots and better variety of good maps. Maps that everyone loved that we havent got to play in 2 years. Remove flags from battle!

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2015, 11:12:58 pm »
+1
GUYS, CALL YOUR FRIENDS, OVER 50 GUYS PLAYING ON EU1 - MOD IS ALIVE!
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2015, 11:18:48 pm »
+1
Comming :D :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2015, 11:19:38 pm »
59, most with NA ip's

gg

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2015, 11:29:52 pm »
Press the patch button it would bring back like 30-40 players per server, even temporarly. Just don't wait for another month, please.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2015, 11:34:17 pm »
Press the patch button it would bring back like 30-40 players per server, even temporarly. Just don't wait for another month, please.

feb 1st
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 853
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TigerGirl; MooMooMilk; BobaBubbleTea; TerraCotta; Tuberculosis; BoomStickGirl
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2015, 07:12:19 am »
+1
I know I am in the minority, but I like the changing weather. Heavy fog now and then can be really fun (except on featureless plains maps or randomly generated stuff). Rain and night-time are graphically fine to me. The mechanical nerf of rain doesn't bother me one way or another. If I am playing my xbow guy and it starts to rain, I just keep playing him.

Witchcraft senpai is always the best, and I agree :3

"The long united must divide; the long divided must unite."
"How many things, before and after, all melt into gossip and laughter."

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2015, 08:03:28 am »
+1
Please bring back cRPG 2012 post-xbow cav nerf and reset the servers regularly.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2015, 08:11:54 am »
Those days are gone, though it would be nice.  Forget about it

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2015, 06:06:14 pm »
Fault isnt in mod is age, but in mod's ballance. Everytime I enter native ppl say that crpg sux. Warband is older than its mod and still have many servers with pop 30+ and few with nearly 2  hundred ppl playing everyday. Same as napoleonic wars. Mod is just poorly ballanced.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2015, 06:20:28 pm »
+4
Utter horseshit of an argument. Played ZHG_Siege the other day with 64 players on. It was Vaegirs versus Sarranid and the entire defending team played archer and Sarranids never even set a foot in the castle, much balance, such wow. Team Deathmatch class composition entirely depends on the map and the faction choices, but usually there is one class that gets played by 50% of the server because it functions best. Deathmatch is entirely carried by 2h Swadians. Battle usually turns into a cavalry fest. Half the available weapons never get used, and for good reason.

The only place where Native is balanced is competitive, and even there you notice that the viable classes and viable weapons are only about 25% of what is viable in cRPG. Those 500 people playing Native pub are not playing it because the balance is better than cRPG, try again.

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2015, 06:37:41 pm »
Archery is skilless in Native, but native has no faiting and other stuff that makes ppl mad and thats why its more balanced. There is no 35 lvl 2h agi builds that own anything on battlefield. Everybody is even and it only depends on its playstyle how good he is. crpg now is just 2handers, fainting and throwers, all on agi builds. Even ppl that used play crpg for nearly 2k hours said that on forums that native is more accessable than crpg. If its not ballance than what makes this that warband is still overpopulated and crpg not?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2015, 07:01:16 pm »
+2
Utter horseshit of an argument. Played ZHG_Siege the other day with 64 players on. It was Vaegirs versus Sarranid and the entire defending team played archer and Sarranids never even set a foot in the castle, much balance, such wow. Team Deathmatch class composition entirely depends on the map and the faction choices, but usually there is one class that gets played by 50% of the server because it functions best. Deathmatch is entirely carried by 2h Swadians. Battle usually turns into a cavalry fest. Half the available weapons never get used, and for good reason.

The only place where Native is balanced is competitive, and even there you notice that the viable classes and viable weapons are only about 25% of what is viable in cRPG. Those 500 people playing Native pub are not playing it because the balance is better than cRPG, try again.

At this point, people will say anything to make crpg look bad. I have no idea why.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2015, 07:02:57 pm »
+3
Archery is skilless in Native, but native has no faiting and other stuff that makes ppl mad and thats why its more balanced. There is no 35 lvl 2h agi builds that own anything on battlefield. Everybody is even and it only depends on its playstyle how good he is. crpg now is just 2handers, fainting and throwers, all on agi builds. Even ppl that used play crpg for nearly 2k hours said that on forums that native is more accessable than crpg. If its not ballance than what makes this that warband is still overpopulated and crpg not?
cRPG has never had a comparable supporting population to Warband with way, way fewer unique players. Server populations were quite high, but that is because most cRPG players played a lot and did so for a very long time. A side effect of this is that the average player skill has consistently risen and risen fast, making the game less accessible even though the grind got more and more accessible. From the start of 2013 and onwards this mod got hard to enjoy to anyone that isn't a hardcore gamer or a quick learner.

If you play on many of the big population Native servers, you'll quickly notice that the amount of people that does not suck is much lower than on cRPG. Many servers are still at the average 2011 cRPG level. Even new players have fun on those servers though and can get kills. Some Native servers have very high skill, like IG_Battlegrounds, some of the shit that gets pulled there would make a noob very mad. The point is though that they don't have to play there, and they don't. In cRPG the NeoGK_Siege players and the IG_Battlegrounds players have to play together and this has made the mod extremely unattractive for new players for at least the past two years. Yet, the population stayed high, but they were largely the same players throughout 2012-2014. Gradually the mod has become boring for most of the skilled oldmy old friends that have often been playing for 3 years straight, but they have already scared away most of the newmy old friends, leaving the mod without a population.

I agree with the argument that the grind has worsened these problems, but as the grind has been steadily reduced since 2010 while the population has steadily decreased, that in itself can't be the whole story.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2015, 07:08:35 pm »
At this point, people will say anything to make crpg look bad. I have no idea why.

Its no secret that the mod isn't well liked outside of the community, especially on Taleworlds/Warband forums.