Author Topic: C-Rpg Classic  (Read 15209 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: C-Rpg Classic
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2015, 06:51:17 pm »
+4
Cuz lets face it, being great at crpg is not about being skilled at warband...its about picking a great build with gear to match. which is patch dependent, some of the builds i used to rape with, simply dont work now thats its a AGI ONLY mod.

Gear and builds only do so much. In this patch ive went with lower agi and to greater success, all builds work you just have to change up playstyles.
So if its not about being skilled would you say that a new player would have the same chances as an old player with the same gear? Obviously no, right? Because skill. Would an average player with looms and an agibuild top the scoreboards over a skilled player with no looms and str build? Doubt it, agi just makes them die quicker, they would probably benefit more from the survivability str could give them, as long as they stick with their team.

Nothing is op IMO, its all about preferences and playstyles. The reason agi can be strong is because you rely less on your team and can go solo duel while having the ability to run away if more enemies arrive.
Ping is barely an issue, ive seen people with 100 ping play extremely well, and top scoreboards. Ofcourse its an advantage but its also not very big, and as long as you are below 40 it probably doesnt matter whether you are at 10 ping or 40.
OP gear, only thing i can think of here is saracen guard armor being slightly more minmax with like 2 more BA than the rest for that weight. Other than that its all preferences and playstyles, peasant gear and plate can both be used well but in completely different ways, plate being the easier choice.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2015, 06:52:04 pm »
+3
Strength wpf was buffed and agi wpf nerfed since the revival patch, so strength isn't disadvantaged at least for finally having good wpf levels with armor again. Balanced builds are probably best with its flexibility.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2015, 06:56:31 pm »
+2
Strength wpf was buffed and agi wpf nerfed since the revival patch, so strength isn't disadvantaged at least for finally having good wpf levels with armor again. Balanced builds are probably best with its flexibility.
Gear and builds only do so much. In this patch ive went with lower agi and to greater success, all builds work you just have to change up playstyles.
So if its not about being skilled would you say that a new player would have the same chances as an old player with the same gear? Obviously no, right? Because skill. Would an average player with looms and an agibuild top the scoreboards over a skilled player with no looms and str build? Doubt it, agi just makes them die quicker, they would probably benefit more from the survivability str could give them, as long as they stick with their team.

Nothing is op IMO, its all about preferences and playstyles. The reason agi can be strong is because you rely less on your team and can go solo duel while having the ability to run away if more enemies arrive.
Ping is barely an issue, ive seen people with 100 ping play extremely well, and top scoreboards. Ofcourse its an advantage but its also not very big, and as long as you are below 40 it probably doesnt matter whether you are at 10 ping or 40.
OP gear, only thing i can think of here is saracen guard armor being slightly more minmax with like 2 more BA than the rest for that weight. Other than that its all preferences and playstyles, peasant gear and plate can both be used well but in completely different ways, plate being the easier choice.

Also, this.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2015, 07:27:19 pm »
I tried 24 agi for a few weeks, thats all. It was shit and useless

lmao, biggest joke i've ever heard. I simply have no idea how you guys can settle for less than 21 agility and still enjoy playing slowmotion warband  :lol:
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2015, 12:26:48 am »
+3
We shouldnt insult or blame each other for playing styles in a discussion, there is no point in it.

Also, it would be wrong to just say "crpg requiries no skill and so on...". Obviously other skills are necessary for warband native. A good crpg player doesnt have to be  a good warband player and the other way around. I met so many warband native players in the last time who just say that they are better than crpg players. I personally can just laugh about this. How are you supposed to be an amazing player in native if you play crpg all the time? Doesnt really make sense. Furthermore, I already saw many warband players coming to crpg and failing to be as good as they are in Native. Ofc the skill doesnt get lost if you change the module, but it is fucking DIFFERENT. Crpg just adds different opportunities in fight.

Cuz lets face it, being great at crpg is not about being skilled at warband...

Totally true, but this sounds as if the worth of "native skill" is higher...
Finally, balanced builds are still the strongest builds. There are many agi- players, but they dont rule the server constantly
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2015, 12:28:22 am »
+1
You're welcome Heskey!  :mrgreen:

Now please let us ignore and downvote each other in peaceful coexistence, mod will eventually die anyway,
so why continue fighting. Make love not war and so on, peace out.  :D

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2015, 10:02:25 am »
+1
I think coexisting and ignoring each other is good enough. We can leave out the downvotes, too.  :wink:

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2015, 11:36:19 am »
+2
All the time you're taking to type up those really elaborate ironic stabs, HESKEYTIME.

Also:I had no idea that my proposal to remove ballistas would agitate you that much. This is like the third thread you're bringing this up again completely out of the blue and unrelated to the thread itself. After weeks. You also still haven't learned how to read. 'ranged adds nothing to gameplay' isn't what I said.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2099
  • Infamy: 2384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2015, 01:24:51 pm »
I think coexisting and ignoring each other is good enough. We can leave out the downvotes, too.  :wink:

Body of a tiger, mind of a pussy. Do not start what you can't finish. In fact, now you've inspired me to downvote every new post you make.

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2015, 01:45:43 pm »
+2
Let the bitch-fight begin...
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2015, 01:47:35 pm »
+1
Body of a tiger, mind of a pussy. Do not start what you can't finish. In fact, now you've inspired me to downvote every new post you make.

I couldn't give less of a damn  :lol:

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2015, 02:21:57 pm »
+2
lmao thread ruined, now we all have brain damage
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2015, 03:21:29 pm »
+4
Love how this thread turned into Chamber of Tears material so fast.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1472
  • Infamy: 1828
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2015, 03:23:46 pm »
+2
Only meaningful forum section right now. No patch, no announcement, not a word about M:BG future.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2015, 01:53:08 am »
+3
yeah, i tried playing again today, EU2, 11pm gmt, 40 players on, and server is just unplayable laggy ..

.. usual stuff, people drifting through each other, animations being sped up or cancelled, blocks chiming like half a second after they've hit, blah blah, blah blah, usual lag.
can't play for more than 30 mins without rage quitting when it's like this .. :'(
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !