Author Topic: Post kick starter  (Read 7970 times)

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Post kick starter
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 07:01:03 pm »
marketing and hype sound like distant objectives, for start i'd begin with communicating with the fan base :D

There's also the nigh non existent track record to consider compared to other indie devs

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 09:28:04 pm »
hi can i buy a .5% share of donkey crew for $3,000 canadian dollars pls

(actual srs question)
(i want to be more rich than lombard)
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 10:44:55 pm »
hi can i buy a .5% share of donkey crew for $3,000 canadian dollars pls

(actual srs question)
(i want to be more rich than lombard)

Save your money, srs answer

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 11:37:00 pm »
+4
There's also the nigh non existent track record to consider compared to other indie devs

Actually they have a large track record of ruining the one thing they have done.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 11:37:58 pm »
Actually they have a large track record of ruining the one thing they have done.

HYPE

Assuming the work in progress doesn't become vaporware along the way

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 11:46:37 pm »
+6
Wow you guys really are fucking buzzkills.

Sure Donkey Crew could have done a lot of things better but I'd like to see how well you all would do making big sacrifices in your life to a) dev a mod for free for over 3 years and b) follow your dream and cover all required bases 100%... oh but wait, you haven't so STFU.

Constructive criticism is great but jesus, reading you moaners makes me want to slit my wrists.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 11:49:38 pm »

Sure Donkey Crew could have done a lot of things better but I'd like to see how well you all would do making big sacrifices in your life to a) dev a mod for free for over 3 years and b) follow your dream and cover all required bases 100%... oh but wait, you haven't so STFU.

Constructive criticism is great but jesus, reading you moaners makes me want to slit my wrists.

Enjoy~

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 12:15:26 am »
+3
Enjoy~
(click to show/hide)

"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 12:54:35 am »

Just because they 'followed their dreams' does not mean they deserve anything, this isn't kindergarten and you don't get a GREAT JOB sticker for effort. The facts are that if you look at their game from an objective standpoint everything about it is hilariously incompetent and bad. The only previous experience they have in developing games, is an unimpressive mod of Warband, and as they changed more things in the mod to differ from the base game it got worse and caused less people to play it. The only reason Melee: Battlegrounds has any hype at all is a mixture of emotional investment, blind fanaticism and people wanting a game like that to be good so much that they choose to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

All of the videos released of the game look awful and while that might be expected of a game in alpha, why would a sane person put faith in it eventually coming good when everything screams otherwise, from the terrible track record when branching out from Warband mechanics in cRPG, to the appalling attitude of the developers and the sheer incompetence of the way they have handled development of the game so far.

If there is one thing this game deserves, it is complaints.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 01:26:43 am »
Just because they 'followed their dreams' does not mean they deserve anything, this isn't kindergarten and you don't get a GREAT JOB sticker for effort. The facts are that if you look at their game from an objective standpoint everything about it is hilariously incompetent and bad. The only previous experience they have in developing games, is an unimpressive mod of Warband, and as they changed more things in the mod to differ from the base game it got worse and caused less people to play it. The only reason Melee: Battlegrounds has any hype at all is a mixture of emotional investment, blind fanaticism and people wanting a game like that to be good so much that they choose to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

All of the videos released of the game look awful and while that might be expected of a game in alpha, why would a sane person put faith in it eventually coming good when everything screams otherwise, from the terrible track record when branching out from Warband mechanics in cRPG, to the appalling attitude of the developers and the sheer incompetence of the way they have handled development of the game so far.

(click to show/hide)

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 05:29:40 am »
+5

Perhaps I should be clearer with the point I was trying to make: your criticism is so vitriolic, I don't see it helping (anyone but you). You are only serving yourselves, and obviously you think the game is crap, so why are you bothering? Just move on.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 06:22:30 am »

Couldn't decide whether to upvote or downvote this.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 06:41:37 am »
Couldn't decide whether to upvote or downvote this.

Coin flip

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 07:40:31 pm »

You're thinking hyperbole, and yes that is an actual literary device.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 11:45:43 pm »

BOOOOM

fuckin NAILED it.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE