Author Topic: Post kick starter  (Read 7022 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: Post kick starter
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2015, 12:12:01 am »
+2
well, I liked most videos and stuff of M:BG so far. And despite they are doing many mistakes (like allways trying to hit that one big update/video/whatever instead of just doing small steps and talk about those and things in general) I like the overall approach and ideas chadz and his stuff are having. They are not conventional, but I like their style and I am very confident that if they get the time and money they'll produce something awesome.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2015, 06:10:49 am »

going on her yard, giving her the muay thai in her dojo, you know the ones there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2015, 08:47:31 am »
+4
Just because they 'followed their dreams' does not mean they deserve anything, this isn't kindergarten and you don't get a GREAT JOB sticker for effort. The facts are that if you look at their game from an objective standpoint everything about it is hilariously incompetent and bad. The only previous experience they have in developing games, is an unimpressive mod of Warband, and as they changed more things in the mod to differ from the base game it got worse and caused less people to play it. The only reason Melee: Battlegrounds has any hype at all is a mixture of emotional investment, blind fanaticism and people wanting a game like that to be good so much that they choose to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

All of the videos released of the game look awful and while that might be expected of a game in alpha, why would a sane person put faith in it eventually coming good when everything screams otherwise, from the terrible track record when branching out from Warband mechanics in cRPG, to the appalling attitude of the developers and the sheer incompetence of the way they have handled development of the game so far.

If there is one thing this game deserves, it is complaints.
Good thing you have the scholar feather and actually played the al... wait a moment...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2015, 04:06:21 pm »
Good thing you have the scholar feather and actually played the al... wait a moment...

He didn't miss much

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2015, 08:49:38 am »
+4
Just because they 'followed their dreams' does not mean they deserve anything, this isn't kindergarten and you don't get a GREAT JOB sticker for effort.

sure but its a good driving force
everything else u've said is just a lot of stupid shit, CRPG/strategus is just the best mod me and my friends played. There is nothing to even compare it too. It changed dead end multiplayer game into something worthwhile. Never played any mod or game as long as i played this one.
And maybe they didn't have that much real experience in developing games, chadz worked out very well what players would enjoy with that mod (better then the company who developed the game). And now he is building new game based on it.
To me its the most promising game of that kind at the moment. LiF Building plans for a year doesn't even mention MMO. Bannerlord is maximum multiplayer with no leveling, few weeks of fun and then stupid competitions 5v5 for the rest of the life.
The only game that looks like can deliver any proper wars with great fighting mechanics of medieval period is Melee Stronghold and if they will go for epic at some point.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2015, 12:17:13 pm »
+3
1 thing i dont really understand is why the game wasn't promoted before ks on any level. there was silence for 2 years and then i got an email in my inbox out of the clear sky in short telling me something like aren't you templar_beauchamp dude? if so this game needs you, pls fund us, tyvm, bye. there were no web pages for the game, there were no forum posts about the game from devs, no presentation, no screens, just nothing. i gave it those basic funding outta nostalgia, but if i wasn't really hooked to crpg long time ago, i just would not give a fuck really. from my point of view it can have 3 explanations - you don't care about kickstarter so nothing really changed, you don't care about possible fanbase or you don't even care about your game. i just hope its option nr. 1, but i'm not really sure about that.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2015, 03:24:17 pm »
+4
Y'all are a bunch of haters. I say props to Donkey Crew. You all say the mod has gone to shit, that the mod has died, etc. Well I've been playing this for nigh 4 years now and I still play daily. If you guys make a game I might as well drop out of college and quit my job because I'll probably lose the rest of my life from just playing it. I believe in you guys. Make it happen. If you need anything hit me up, never know what a poor film major can do when it comes to marketing.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2015, 01:42:09 pm »
1 thing i dont really understand is why the game wasn't promoted before ks on any level. there was silence for 2 years and then i got an email in my inbox out of the clear sky in short telling me something like aren't you templar_beauchamp dude? if so this game needs you, pls fund us, tyvm, bye. there were no web pages for the game, there were no forum posts about the game from devs, no presentation, no screens, just nothing. i gave it those basic funding outta nostalgia, but if i wasn't really hooked to crpg long time ago, i just would not give a fuck really.
This.
Also quite off puting it was to read that there was more money to be needed again.
At the time you got my bucks and collected more from others, it was quite an impressive sum and while i followed the development stages, from what i saw sofar there are 'at least 1-2 more years' you will need to finish at this pace. I guess you are aware of that, if not then it would be my opinion you would be overestimating your capablities. After the first financing round, there were vocies to be heared which said, that would be sufficient and so the impression which we backers got was it would be sufficient. I and many others did back not to have a product at a certain point in time, but to have a finished game at some point. The differenace is how then to use the money, if you only pressure for release, you will brun through the money rather fast, if you but know a certain amount will need to be sufficent till release, that would make you have jobs and the overall time would be then also increased. With that, i wouldn't have had any problems, but after 2 years coming and saying 'lads we need more', sorry but my gold shitting donkey is just now not available.

Also  from my point of view it can have 3 explanations - you don't care about kickstarter so nothing really changed, you don't care about possible fanbase or you don't even care about your game. i just hope its option nr. 1, but i'm not really sure about that.
It is definetly not about the game or the fanbase, for that i have seen them put too much effort in the cRPG mod aswell into their loveschild game. There had been serious efforts also been made to connect to the fanbase, from what i can remember(If done i cant say for that i was at least the past year not active enough).
I would also not quite say that it would have to do with not caring about kickstarter, but what hinted towards earlier by someone else. That a constant press/media coverage would need to be reached. A open website, not a forum, with constant updates to the game, with new videos, with desgin & screen art, with some quotes out of the community here in the forum and then conntacting the media outlets or having them in a subscriber email ... you know longterm planned marketing shit.
So that when at times there are financing issues accure, they don't need to make a big hustle to get something going, but build up on an existing perception which is regularly adjusted within the media.
That then has also nothing to do with that they are a new indie developer company, fuck such an excuse.
As long there is a will to get it done, there are ways to do it.

Another question which came to me with the kickstarter campange:
 :oops: The things which had been offered there to new backers, would those also be granted to those which have already been backing the project? Not sure what was the deal back then when we initially backed.

In any case, donkey crew i wish you all the best to get it done. Do it  :!:
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2015, 01:48:52 pm »
Oh god, why have thee come back with your wall of texts who it takes hours upon hours of reading. Stay in ye cave

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2015, 11:24:32 pm »
+1
Also quite off puting it was to read that there was more money to be needed again.
At the time you got my bucks and collected more from others, it was quite an impressive sum and while i followed the development stages, from what i saw sofar there are 'at least 1-2 more years' you will need to finish at this pace. I guess you are aware of that, if not then it would be my opinion you would be overestimating your capablities. After the first financing round, there were vocies to be heared which said, that would be sufficient and so the impression which we backers got was it would be sufficient. I and many others did back not to have a product at a certain point in time, but to have a finished game at some point. The differenace is how then to use the money, if you only pressure for release, you will brun through the money rather fast, if you but know a certain amount will need to be sufficent till release, that would make you have jobs and the overall time would be then also increased. With that, i wouldn't have had any problems, but after 2 years coming and saying 'lads we need more', sorry but my gold shitting donkey is just now not available.

wat? It was from very early on an very active thought, even suggested and supported by community to do an additional kickstarter campaign. Also guys stop think the KS failed because too few early backers backed again.

Another question which came to me with the kickstarter campange:
 :oops: The things which had been offered there to new backers, would those also be granted to those which have already been backing the project? Not sure what was the deal back then when we initially backed.

The plan was to give us the rewards new backers would get for 65$ without giving any new money.

But yes, overall it was stupid not to give these informations via email to those who do not read the forums regularly. And I think the explanation for that beuchamp is just that, it was a stupid mistake.