Author Topic: Player numbers  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1743
  • Infamy: 842
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Player numbers
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:37:46 pm »
+4
Are servers more populated after revival patch than before and by how much revival patch improved the population? Haven't been playing for a long time so I have no idea how it was few months ago, but for standards a year ago before I took last break population is kinda sparse.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
Re: Player numbers
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 11:42:04 pm »
+2
I usually play around 4-6 pm cst, which is the beginning of NA primetime, so I may be a bit inaccurate on how the NA population is faring. But from my perspective it looks about the same as before the patch. After it came out there were a lot of people but from what I've seen it has died down.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:45:31 pm »
+1
Basically, the population is roughly the same, I doubt the "revival patch" revived anything. A nerf on horse archers would have been enough for having some people back on servers.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:47:34 pm »
Are servers more populated after revival patch than before and by how much revival patch improved the population? Haven't been playing for a long time so I have no idea how it was few months ago, but for standards a year ago before I took last break population is kinda sparse.

Around 30-70+ a night, more on weekends.  People have their obligations, we can't play all the time.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 12:20:39 am »
Well there were some good things in the patch (more gear, free respecs, mounted ranged nerfs) but some bad at the same time. The servers got 10x harder to play for everyone except the pro's. Higher levels just makes builds too strong..too much power put into each player's hands and the ones who will exploit it the best are the ones who need the levels the least
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 12:55:08 am »
+1
Numbers are poor to say the least
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 01:00:42 am »
This afternoon when I played there were 100ish people on conquest/siege. I haven't seen the server that full in a long while, not sure if it is the patch or that I tend to play during less busy hours but I loved it, reminded me why I used to love this game so much.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 01:03:19 am »
+2
Patch really killed Crpg for me (not that I was playing much before the patch) people just move so fast and swing so fast I cannot keep up. What's the point of playing if enemy attacks are little more than high speed blurs? I can't even do basic blocking, much less fight properly
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 01:10:45 am »
P.e., today at some point you had 100+ players on eu_2 (conquest map), 30 on eu_1 and maybe 15 on dtv.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 01:14:18 am »
+3
P.e., today at some point you had 100+ players on eu_2 (conquest map), 30 on eu_1 and maybe 15 on dtv.

lol, police brutality event bringing everyone together

I DO NOT REGRET PARTICIPATING

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 04:26:55 am »
+8
It's an old game, you wouldn't try to revive pong, you wouldn't download a car; necromancy is a crime.

Offline _Zetan_

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Miserable_Old_Bastard
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 04:39:14 am »
I tried to adjust to new c-rpg but man it sucks ass. I really hate it, but like the people that play if that makes sense. I just don't play as much and find myself looking for other games.  I think even if they bring back horse archery I think its to late to fix the damage. People are moving on thanks to the patch of desolation.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 05:34:53 am »
Patch really killed Crpg for me (not that I was playing much before the patch) people just move so fast and swing so fast I cannot keep up. What's the point of playing if enemy attacks are little more than high speed blurs? I can't even do basic blocking, much less fight properly

Lul. Imagine if most of these new players with that mindset played in 2010. Where Katana Ninja spammers were really spammers.

But then again everything was OP (like MW2 before patches) so it cancelled out eachother.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 07:32:50 am »
+2
Well there were some good things in the patch (more gear, free respecs, mounted ranged nerfs) but some bad at the same time. The servers got 10x harder to play for everyone except the pro's. Higher levels just makes builds too strong..too much power put into each player's hands and the ones who will exploit it the best are the ones who need the levels the least

this. the min-maxer got even more things to play with. In strat almost every UIF member has an optimized build at their level, and then there are the morningstar 1hitters like varadin or banditosir. honestly armor doesnt really matter against them, and i notice it in siege or eu 1 also. Those who arent playing with a min-maxed build or dont meet the required 18-21 str are just doomed to be 1-2hit by near to everyone.

(click to show/hide)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 08:06:46 am »

Turn off weapon trails. Your welcome.

this. the min-maxer got even more things to play with. In strat almost every UIF member has an optimized build at their level, and then there are the morningstar 1hitters like varadin or banditosir. honestly armor doesnt really matter against them, and i notice it in siege or eu 1 also. Those who arent playing with a min-maxed build or dont meet the required 18-21 str are just doomed to be 1-2hit by near to everyone.

(click to show/hide)

Dude, this is a thread about cRPG, not Strat, WGAF about that broken shit unless you have some serious aspergers. Also:
armor doesnt really matter against anyone

Armour is the crutch of the weak in mind and deed.
I don't know enough