Author Topic: Hungarian Internet Tax Disaster  (Read 4523 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Hungarian Internet Tax Disaster
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 08:57:40 pm »
A tax is a way to collect money, it can be set in boundaries so as to not be unilaterally applied without limits.

Being not completely uneducated, I think that they may have thought about the "every heavy internet connected business will go broke and youtube/steam will go down" if they simply ask a no-limit fixed sum of money for each transfered gigabytes, technical issues aside.
In the link the OP provided they precisely talk about a 700 forints (2.26€) monthly cap. I dont know whats 2.26€ for an Hungarian, but to me it doesnt look much of a tax raise except for the poorest of the poor. Whatever the sum asked, its something less for the people to spend on what they want, for that reason its normal that people are not happy about this, new tax never made anyone happy, except the state.

I read anti-democratic and authoritarian measure... What? A government which proposes a law about a tax, and put it to vote, is completely normal procedure. If you dont like it, you protest against it, and you dont vote for the people who proposed and wanted the law, even try a coup.
I'm old enough to have lived with limited access costy internet, and my country was not a tyranny. Today most advanced countries have "unlimited" bandwith internet package offers, but nothing says that it will stay that way forever, for technical reasons and for business plans reasons. Nothing is granted.

When you win elections in a democracy, you get to a position where you can propose stuff. Today Hungary actual dominant political party propose that a tax should be applied to internet. As a fellow heavy traffic internet user, I feel empathy for the Hungarians if it is applied by politicians that does not know exactly how internet and data transfer works and if it has a heavy impact on everyone concerned.
In the case it doesnt, and those in charge of the development of that law have one brain together, we can safely assume that this will be just one tax...
It concern a symbolic place of freedom, internet, and can be seen as backward innovation in comparison with the actual domination of unlimited internet access, but I do not think it has to become an ideological debate except if we reallllllyyyyyyy want it to become so, with the help of bad semantic, hype media and the old-new cold war trend of today.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »
+2
Butan has become quite a troll over these years. Spitting assburgers hidden in complex sentences. God im proud to be a part of this.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 09:21:01 pm »
Except that if you use the internet as a company, or for a cash register, the tax is not 700 HUF.

It's 5000. For every damned subscription.

Also either Butan is trolling as you have said, or he really needs to get out of his cave and read up about the hungarian events of the recent.. well a year is enough.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:32:07 pm by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 09:32:34 pm »
+1

If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. And term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here...like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F--k Hope.' F--k Hope.

Someone elected these politicians.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:36:42 pm by Falka »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 09:41:28 pm »
One word : Populism

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 09:50:07 pm »
+1
You know Butan, there are people out there working for their money. And with that I mean real work.
I wouldn't want to work 15 mins extra a month just for paying some dammn tax on top of the payment
for my ISP which already isn't too shabby here in Germany.
I know most people earn more meoney than me as I'm just a shitty plasterer doing it to earn some money
between school and studying but there are enough ppl out there getting the same or less payment than me.
A tax like this wouldn't totally ruin me ofc but I'd still prefer to buy 2 beers, a book every five months or
something like that instead of giving the money away for basically nothing.
And you know, Hungarians already have to pay way more taxes than I have to do (if Christo's statement about the 27% tax rate is right and other taxes aren't lower to balance that).
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 09:51:25 pm »
+3
Internet tax? That sounds like a suggestion of some dumbass committee and I'm sorry if it passed... Dayum! Though don't worry Christo there is a lot of things to laugh about in European Union.

Just recently there was a suggestion to install GPS tracking to every car in Finland. So they could tax people according to the time they used some specific road (if it's a busy road you pay more per km). So basically tax according to distance driven during the year. Except we already pay that usage tax... It's called gasoline tax. Then there's the big brother aspect of this kind of system. Even if the government doesn't really give a flying fuck about your goings there are people who are willing and capable of getting into that system. Are you fucking kidding me? Why build a system that screams abuse and hacker boner?

I hope I never hear about that suggestion again :rolleyes:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 09:52:06 pm »
One word : Populism

That only means ppl are stupid if they swallow this bait and most of them get what they deserve.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 09:54:21 pm »
+1
That only means ppl are stupid if they swallow this bait and most of them get what they deserve.

I know. I also know the public is shit.

Just wanted to point out why.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 10:00:37 pm »
+1
Wow so many retarded 'leaders' in the world, sorry Christo :(

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 10:06:37 pm »
+1
I wonder when I will have to pay a tax per m^3 air I'm breathing or per litres of piss I'm dumping into the toilet.
Lets just tax everything, such fun!
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 10:15:50 pm »
I wonder when I will have to pay a tax per m^3 air I'm breathing or per litres of piss I'm dumping into the toilet.
Lets just tax everything, such fun!

It's especially fun to put extra taxes on something that someone else does either for fun or has to do in order to pay the bills and get food (don't mean income tax. Indirect taxes like paying extra for your car in order to get to the workplace etc etc.). First you ofc have to develop some irrational hate towards these people who are only doing something you don't like doing.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1070
  • Infamy: 1417
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 10:28:49 pm »
Wow so many retarded 'leaders' in the world, sorry Christo :(

They aren't retarded, people who elect them are. Sadly, the gap between elite/leaders and the masses is growing. Former become more cunning, competent and ruthless, while the latter are regressing back into dark ages (there was an excuse for lack of education back then, right now it is nothing but pure ignorance on populi part).

Same thing happened in my (non EU country), but it is known shithole so no one cares. Biggest party has majority as well and can do whatever they want.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 10:33:29 pm »
+1
Eh, in Hungary we have a leading politician in FIDESZ who opposes investment in renewable energy, because according to him the country needs power when solar panels don't work in the dark, and there is no wind.

Psychopathic, yes. But completely retarded when it comes to modern technology.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 10:38:45 pm »
+1

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29783253

There was a protest last sunday and tuesday this week.

These pictures are from Tuesday. So many lights.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I'm fucking done with this joke of a country. Wish I could just get the hell out of here before these imbeciles get us kicked out from EU or close borders. We are pretty much the laughingstock of europe.

=/

Veled vagyok, testvér... :(

Irország ezerszell jobb mint Magyarország, de a Magyar kulturát még közel tartom szivemhez.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.