Author Topic: An Unprovoked Attack  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: An Unprovoked Attack
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 10:25:55 pm »
+3
Only reason i attacked cause :twisted:  13 Knights with 16 members needs to be changed.
so expect a few more attacks to get that number down to the right number.

there is 13 knights and 3 cum dumpsters
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 01:24:57 am »
+3
lol caught headed where on peace? when you gonna stop running jack i mean do you think it's fun for me to keep catching these reinforce armies? yes.. but yeah it's fun :)

http://forum.melee.org/mercenary-recruitment/13k-strategus-mercenary-contracts/msg1052190/#msg1052190

Well Dustytooth you where to slow to stop my reinforcing army  :lol: Got in 1800 troops shiny and 1k crates of extra OP weapons  :wink:

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 06:10:04 pm »
there is 13 knights and 3 cum dumpsters

I think I gotta talk to James. Our ratio of knights:cum dumpsters is way lower. There's not enough of them to go around!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 07:13:11 pm »
+4
Kinda painful getting roster stomped like that.  13 Knights have always fought for the side with the lower roster, like yesterday we fought on KBW's side against Frisia, and we have helped both sides of the mega-factions.  Though we got paid by the Squids, whereas we did it for free for Acre.  For the Squids I fought one big battle; for Acre we gave them New Shulus, New Slekhz  castle and took New Ayn Assuadi from G-Force.  We fought four or five big field battles for them against the Squids and G-Force.

Now I'm not saying anyone owes us, but I didn't think they'd be so mad at us to sign up for a roster that was twice the size of ours.  Especially in an attack on a guy who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time (I can sorta understand Goretooth attacking, but it would have been nice if he had tried to contact us first).  When I fought Black Company, I actually told people to sign up for them cuz we had outnumbered them on the roster at the beginning.

We had really, really wanted to stay out of the hate and bullshit between the two factions.  I see it is completely hopeless now.  Jack fights LCO, I'm friends with Jack, ergo 13K is enemies with LCO.  So now I can't choose who my enemies are and who my allies are because I fought one battle against the ASA.  And it makes one wonder if its worth building another army.  If we had had 1500 men and Goretooth had 600, he still would have won due to merc support.  And I don't think anyone can say we don't get roster support cuz we're assholes.

So I guess what I'm saying is: :cry:

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 07:50:00 pm »
+1
It really sucks ass that this side of the merc pool has to recruit a week ahead of time to get an even roster on a seige and the second that the opposite side there are people on my roster that want to switch to make it a fair battle(which I'm okay with). It's just sad that the other side of the merc pool does not see it the same way. There is literally no point in playing strat in these conditions.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 08:24:17 pm »
+2
It really sucks ass that this side of the merc pool has to recruit a week ahead of time to get an even roster on a seige and the second that the opposite side there are people on my roster that want to switch to make it a fair battle(which I'm okay with). It's just sad that the other side of the merc pool does not see it the same way. There is literally no point in playing strat in these conditions.

I sign for who asks first now since IDC about politics anymore.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 10:20:25 pm »
+3
the joyful fun of 68.8% of the map refusing to fight against eachother
Leader of BS

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 11:13:50 pm »
+4
I understand that people want to win and alliances are made, but the 13 Knights were no part of any great alliance.  Goretooth attacks my guy mistakenly thinking he was going to reinforce Jack.  So this is not part of the big Squid vs ASA battle, just a poor trader getting caught.  I would have thought my past services would have earned me a few friends.

So, if its not part of your big war, then use a pseudonym (13 Knights weren't at war with anyone, and every time we do join a side we let everyone know).  If you are in a big war, and you're always losing, maybe its time to try to make peace.  Not that that can happen.  Too many people hate each other in this game.  Which is sad.  I mean, even King Yaroglek and King Harlaus would put aside their differences (after prolonging the war a bit for honour's sake, of course).

But I can't see Squids and Acre joining together to fight a new LCO/Random Barbarian Horde alliance.  Kinda sad really.  These grudges make diplomacy irrelevant.

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 11:55:45 pm »
+3
Bryggan,

I am sorry about how this all went down, we are over paranoid with reinforcements helping the all might Jack and that beast armor of his, so it really was wrong place/wrong time, But if it makes you feel better, It was Goretooth bugging all of us to sign up last minute, most can't be bothered with Strat anymore and signed up just to get Gore off our backs, lol. I do agree rosters have been crappy, there is always one side that gets the short end of the stick, we do feel your pain.

Basically I just wanted to say sorry for your loss, was a shitty way to lose your stuff. But tis the game of war and if we Hosp's have learned anything, its that we can never be too sure about our potential enemies, we are a well hated group afterall :D

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 12:35:39 am »
+1
the joyful fun of 68.8% of the map refusing to fight against eachother

All you ever want to do is point fingers.  'Oh, LCOH doesn't attack MB...'  But the problem is you should be pointing those fingers to yourselves as well.  The barbarian horde went out on a campaign to fight troops that weren't going to be used... but they never targetted Narra (Currently has 13k troops) or Ahmerrad (4k+).  Why?  Because you guys refuse to fight against the Squids, Sloths, and smaller respect, Yoshi.  That 68.8% could in all actuality be upwards of 90% for that very reason. 

And it reflects in the rosters... but again, none of the Steppe Alliance has merc'd against the Steppe alliance.  Do you know what that means?  You refuse to fight against each other.  You know what?  I get it.  I'm just tired of hearing the whining.  I won't go out of my way to fight on a Steppe Alliance roster because I have never had a steppe alliance member merc for me.  Nor will I drum up support for them because again, they have never done it for me. 

So in summary, I merc for those who merc for me.  Right now we are all playing by the same set of rules... and if you want them to change, it begins with each specific strat player. 

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 01:42:22 am »
+2
Bryggan,

I am sorry about how this all went down, we are over paranoid with reinforcements helping the all might Jack and that beast armor of his, so it really was wrong place/wrong time, But if it makes you feel better, It was Goretooth bugging all of us to sign up last minute, most can't be bothered with Strat anymore and signed up just to get Gore off our backs, lol. I do agree rosters have been crappy, there is always one side that gets the short end of the stick, we do feel your pain.

Basically I just wanted to say sorry for your loss, was a shitty way to lose your stuff. But tis the game of war and if we Hosp's have learned anything, its that we can never be too sure about our potential enemies, we are a well hated group afterall :D

Yeah, we figured it was a 'paranoid' attack, and I understand that.  We should have messaged you, but I hadn't realized how close Aezayrael was to Derchios castle (he was on his way to Knudarr castle).  So I'm not saying the attack was unjustified (well, only in RP), its just that if you are not steppe and you are not un-steppe you are screwed.

We have merced for both sides, but under pseudonyms so i guess no one remembers us being there.  It's not so obvious with most of us, but even the very day Jack (when he was in 13 Knights and who makes himself very obvious) and me (cannon fodder) rostered under Acre I had James complaining we didn't help them (Jack changed his pseudonym to 'Whoa_Dude_Chill" for that).  I will admit we've merced more against the ASA than for, but that was because they usually had pretty bad rosters and battles are a lot more fun when the teams are more evenly matched.

It's this 'All or nothing' attitude that gets me.  People are forced to choose sides.  If we had attacked LCO, then yeah, maybe.  But all the steppe players aren't going to sign up for some nobody in a battle that won't make a difference to them.  But all the ASA will.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 05:25:40 am »
+2
All you ever want to do is point fingers.  'Oh, LCOH doesn't attack MB...'  But the problem is you should be pointing those fingers to yourselves as well.  The barbarian horde went out on a campaign to fight troops that weren't going to be used... but they never targetted Narra (Currently has 13k troops) or Ahmerrad (4k+).  Why?  Because you guys refuse to fight against the Squids, Sloths, and smaller respect, Yoshi.  That 68.8% could in all actuality be upwards of 90% for that very reason. 

And it reflects in the rosters... but again, none of the Steppe Alliance has merc'd against the Steppe alliance.  Do you know what that means?  You refuse to fight against each other.  You know what?  I get it.  I'm just tired of hearing the whining.  I won't go out of my way to fight on a Steppe Alliance roster because I have never had a steppe alliance member merc for me.  Nor will I drum up support for them because again, they have never done it for me. 

So in summary, I merc for those who merc for me.  Right now we are all playing by the same set of rules... and if you want them to change, it begins with each specific strat player.

what alliance are you in? I have merced for a lot of people on and off. Maybe even you
Leader of BS

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 06:10:49 am »
what alliance are you in? I have merced for a lot of people on and off. Maybe even you

No, you have not. In fact, with how dogged kesh has been over Balikar, I doubt you'd live it down fighting for him.

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 08:23:02 am »
+2
i know a lot of us usually merc for whoever sends us a kind request over steam first. plz be my steam friend so i can do the mercings for u

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 01:23:23 pm »
+2
No, you have not. In fact, with how dogged kesh has been over Balikar, I doubt you'd live it down fighting for him.

an easier answer would eb to tell me what alliance he was in. Kesh has never told me who I have to merc for someone in particular. I can and do make my own decisions
Leader of BS