Author Topic: Upcoming "Revival" patch  (Read 54042 times)

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
Re: Upcoming "Revival" patch
« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2014, 05:55:38 pm »
I'll grant you that - by the way are we getting a free loom respec considering practically every item in the game is getting tweaked with difficulty setting or weight or speed and we are getting 40+ new item types?

We seriously should since its this big of an update. For every +3 item you have you should get 3 loompoints to spend since everything is getting an overhaul and so much new stuff!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 2209
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 15, 2014, 06:00:14 pm »
It's a rare occasion, but I agree with Keshian. Making combat unforgiving is the proper way to introduce people to M:BG combat system which is more complex and harder to master. Sooner or later you'll have to realize that days of everybody blocking everything are about to end. Better make it sooner.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 15, 2014, 06:04:07 pm »
+3
Oh crap why do I have a job I was so slow to notice this it's already 16 pages long.

My impression of the cRPG community right now

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2014, 06:16:29 pm »
+2
Oh Smooth, nice to see you too  :lol:
Monkeys!

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2014, 06:25:27 pm »
I'll grant you that - by the way are we getting a free loom respec considering practically every item in the game is getting tweaked with difficulty setting or weight or speed and we are getting 40+ new item types?
why the fuck would you need that when it will take little time to get more looms?
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2014, 06:26:09 pm »
Have you played with this calculator to see the impact armor will have on agi builds? While it doesn't state it in the OP (the original version did), lower weight gloves have had their weights increased, along with the glove weight modifier going from x4 to x6, as can be seen in the above link.

Did you guys tweak Iron Flesh in the upcoming patch?  That calc has it effecting damage output slightly at 5IF and higher.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2014, 06:40:01 pm »
+4
heavy armor will be even more useless now.

Really Molly. Try to kill someone in milanese and then the same person in byrnie and count how many hits it takes in both casses - especially with low dmg weapon like 1h. If heavy armor is useless then why all these players use it and why in strat4 all armies were equipped in heaviest armors they could afford?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:47:23 pm by Falka »

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2014, 06:54:57 pm »
Really Molly. Try to kill someone in milanese and then the same person in byrnie and count how many hits it takes in both casses - especially with low dmg weapon like 1h. If heavy armor is useless then why all these players use it and why in strat4 all armies were equipped in heaviest armors they could afford?

Was that sarcasm?

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2014, 06:58:21 pm »
+2
Was that sarcasm?

Erm, nope? In comparison to 2h and polearms 1handers have low(er) dmg, you don't agree?

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2014, 07:00:52 pm »
+3

Was that sarcasm?

Use ~30cut one handed swords for example. Their damage is complete shit. You often need about 10 hits to kill the average tincan. You will glance all the time... Other one handed weapons like Steel Pick deal good damage, but have a terrible short range. Also even the fastest one handed weapons get outspammed by several polearms/two handed weapons.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2014, 07:01:45 pm »

Its not useless, but the trade off between acceleration, WPF reduction, repair costs for a bit more protection generally isn't worth it on battle. If you can't chase ranged, dodge shots, have sluggish movement in melee you won't really see much effective value in that repair cost. Especially when there is pierce damage everywhere, including from ranged shots. Medium armour is better imo and you can get to 60 with a light kuyak + heavy gauntlets which is plenty of armour

Its different in strat because the tactics and strategy is different and there is no repair cost. Theres less ranged, you respawn and you fight over fairly static objectives
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2014, 07:08:04 pm »
Erm, nope? In comparison to 2h and polearms 1handers have low(er) dmg, you don't agree?

Yes, obviously, but It's not low in any case unless you're using the worst ones which there are bad ones for polearms and two handers aswell.

I went around with 36/3 earlier full +3 tincan and I died of 3/4 hits by a one hander. Those Stabs are far from bad. But that's not what you were talking about so my bad.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2014, 07:18:16 pm »
+1
1 LP still costs around 8mill exp, but around 700k exp cheaper
That's one way to look at it, but keep in mind how much easier(and more enjoyable) it is to get three LPs now. You only have to retire once and you also only have to experience the low level grind (or what still exists of it) once.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2014, 07:20:16 pm »
+1

The thing with 1 handers is you get more speed bonus because length = weight, and the 1 handers get good reach regardless of their stated length. A polearm with similar effective reach will get lower speed bonus for eg, and less overall usefulness from the agi

With their fast speed its also easier to get the hold bonus damage in normal attacks, without delaying your attack much

The swings naturally hit the head more also.

The 1 hand stab is too fast & high damage, especially with speed bonus.

Overall 1 handers are a bit too good imo when you add that they are 0-1 slot so can be combo'd with ranged weapons, which should naturally be inferior in melee
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2014, 07:25:22 pm »
+6
Grumps - the longer I read your posts the more I think you look something like this:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.