Author Topic: Upcoming "Revival" patch  (Read 50828 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: Upcoming "Revival" patch
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2014, 07:33:34 pm »
+1
Those two muppets are way too cool for two of you.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2014, 07:34:09 pm »
(click to show/hide)
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »
Its not useless, but the trade off between acceleration, WPF reduction, repair costs for a bit more protection generally isn't worth it on battle.

From a very long time upkeep can not be used as a serious argument, wpf reduction for melee builds is meaningless in my opinon, plate grants a bit more than just "a bit more protection" in comparison to medium armors and both in strat and on siege heavy armor is a king. I never really was a battle player.

(click to show/hide)

I don't want to argue that 1h weapons are bad, cause they clearly aren't, just stating that it's significantly harder (more hits needed) for 1h to kill plate users, that's all.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2014, 07:36:17 pm »
+2
Yes, obviously, but It's not low in any case unless you're using the worst ones which there are bad ones for polearms and two handers aswell.

"Heh, 1h are consistently 10 damage points weaker than their 2h/pole equivalent but there exists bad 2h that nobody uses and this is relevant because reasons."

I went around with 36/3 earlier full +3 tincan and I died of 3/4 hits by a one hander. Those Stabs are far from bad. But that's not what you were talking about so my bad.

Those stabs are also very difficult to get right in a real fight. Unlike 2h stabs, you can and will get stunned with 1h stabs because you hit too far, and it's also easier to get stunned for hitting too early due to how small the sweetspot is.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2014, 07:39:14 pm »
+1
wait, does this mean when the patch is implemented i automatically get a level 36 character

sweet jesus

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2014, 07:40:16 pm »
+3
Have you played lately, Kafein? The 1h stab is as easy to pull off as the 2h one, not as lolstabby but still a 90% hit.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2014, 08:02:25 pm »
Have you played lately, Kafein? The 1h stab is as easy to pull off as the 2h one, not as lolstabby but still a 90% hit.

I've played during the short time it was actually where it should be. Tydeus nerfed it again afterwards and now I pretty much do not use the stab unless ironically. True, for the longest of times, before the patch that made it right, it was absolute shit. But now it's just kind of meh. Stabbing armors correctly still stuns you randomly because the gods of RNG and latency said so. When you run around in a "one-swing me please" suit this kind of thing breaks the deal. Even in the best situation, you have to be extremely careful not to hit at maximum range and not too early either, which is a difficult thing to do when your stab animation covers much less ground while remaining in its sweetspot than with other weapon types. In this respect the 2h stab is still on a completely other planet in terms of usability. With my longsword (and any 2h sword I happen to pick up) I can gleefully stab away before reaching a point at which the opponent is actually inside my reach, hit with the tip of my sword with zero momentum and still do maximum damage. I can also do a facehugverticalteethweaselstab with ease because the weapon is so high up already.

Sure, some of my grief comes from the fact that I die quickly and even a slight unreliability is unacceptable in that context. Some of it also comes from the fact that I have only 6PS and 184 wpf, which should be pretty damn powerful enough still. But in the end I tend to perform better with a cleaver, scimitar, mace or even a frigging axe than with a KAS trying to stab things, whereas it was the other way around when the stabs were good.

Don't get me wrong, I think the balance of stabs with respect to other attack directions is better now than it was before (talking about an average of all the weapon types), I just wish someone would buff swings instead of nerfing stabs. The latest stab nerf was indiscriminate with respect to the specificities of the 1h stab, leaving it half-broken.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2014, 08:05:09 pm »
Have you played with this calculator to see the impact armor will have on agi builds? While it doesn't state it in the OP (the original version did), lower weight gloves have had their weights increased, along with the glove weight modifier going from x4 to x6, as can be seen in the above link.

Blame the OP then!
If this isnt all that the patch will give it to us, give us full version or we can not seriously debate from here  :P

I will wait for the effective patch then, I take you at your word that it may not be as I think it will be.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2014, 08:27:04 pm »
+1
The thing with 1 handers is you get more speed bonus because length = weight, and the 1 handers get good reach regardless of their stated length. A polearm with similar effective reach will get lower speed bonus for eg, and less overall usefulness from the agi

With their fast speed its also easier to get the hold bonus damage in normal attacks, without delaying your attack much
Ehhhhhhhhhhh...
(click to show/hide)

No really, do you really mean what you wrote?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2014, 08:37:16 pm »
+1
Weapon length impacts run speed. Try running with a longer polearm and you will see, and the animation reach isn't just dependent on the "length"

You don't find it easier to use holds with 1 handers?

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2014, 08:42:18 pm »
The only weapons comparable are the long 1h with 97 speed and short polearms with 102 speed. I imagine the latter is easier for holds. The speed bonus difference is minuscule. The difference between right swings is around 17 length. 1h also have something close to acting like they weigh 0.5 more in terms of movement.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:48:32 pm by San »

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2014, 08:48:17 pm »
+1
Game unavaible - patch upcomming?

Edit: Just a bug, went away after some minutes
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2014, 08:49:43 pm »
Game unavaible - patch upcomming?

Edit: Just a bug, went away after some minutes

Only if website and forums are down. Otherwise, no.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2014, 08:52:50 pm »
+2
The only weapons comparable are the long 1h with 97 speed and short polearms with 102 speed. I imagine the latter is easier. The speed bonus difference is so minuscule. Difference between right swings are around 17 length. 1h also have something close to acting like they weigh 0.5 more in terms of movement.
1 weight turns into 1.5, 1.5 into 2, 2 into 3, iirc. So there is a minor equalizer. The general premise of what he's saying isn't so far fetched though, just overestimated.

Edit: In the case of holds, it's only partially true. Certainly a faster weapon will take less time to hit an opponent than a slower one, even when starting the countdown from only the beginning of the release_animation, but that's true for all weapon types. As far as a damage increase from hold bonus is concerned though, it depends upon when the timer begins. Does it start right when you press the lmb or after the ready_anim reaches the last frame? Would need a test. Still, in the best case scenario, you're looking at extremely minor differences since hold bonuses come in thresholds of 100ms.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:58:45 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2014, 08:59:48 pm »
The only weapons comparable are the long 1h with 97 speed and short polearms with 102 speed. I imagine the latter is easier for holds. The speed bonus difference is minuscule. The difference between right swings is around 17 length. 1h also have something close to acting like they weigh 0.5 more in terms of movement.

With the speed the left and overhead hit, it just feels more natural to incorporate a hold and it counteracts the lower base damage. I do hold a lot with pole right swing too, but its less important because of the higher base damage. My argument is that 1 handers are really good regardless of lower base damage. Maybe the speed bonus isn't so much more, but with lower weight (without a shield) and shorter length I do feel more nimble than when I play with a polearm, which will mean better footwork and more opportunities to get hits in. They are easier to aim at the head too imo. They are my preference in duels because they have 4 great directions for dueling, while poles are more limited and predictable, and the stab is too fast imo