Author Topic: Recommend me some good games. I'm bored as fuck  (Read 3392 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Recommend me some good games. I'm bored as fuck
« on: October 11, 2014, 06:20:44 pm »
Genres i like: RTS, FPSs, RPGs, MMORPGs, Action, Adventure, Sport (as long as it's not Succker or driving).

Examples Given of the kind of games/franchises i like: Age of Empires 2, Deus Ex, Far Cry, COD, Battlefield, Red Orchestra, Total War games, Dreamfall The Longest Journey, Fable, Mass Effect, Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Condemned, SWAT 4, Bioshock, Payday 2, Spec Ops The Line, Grandia, System Shock 2, Splinter Cell, Doom 3, LA Noire, Wolfenstein games after 3D, GTA. Fallout, Max Payne, WoW, Left 4 Dead, Postal 2, Tomb Raider, Company of Heroes, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Examples of games/type of games i hate: Cliché poor indie games that try to portray their work as art, Driving games, Soccer games, Point and click adventure games (to a certain degree), Dishonored, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Diablo, Portal, Batman Arkham series, FEAR, Borderlands, Hotline Miami, Skyrim

Recommend me good games and i will give you free internet tickets.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Recommend me some good games. I'm bored as fuck
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 06:22:27 pm »
+13
Examples of games/type of games i hate: Cliché poor indie games that try to portray their work as art, Driving games, Soccer games, Point and click adventure games (to a certain degree), Dishonored, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Diablo, Portal, Batman Arkham series, FEAR, Borderlands, Hotline Miami, Skyrim

Let's burn him.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 08:43:51 pm »
+3
You'd like Medal of Honor : Warfighter

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 10:02:35 pm »
You'd like Medal of Honor : Warfighter

Campaign sucked. Multiplayer was okay but like every other game that's not Call of Duty, GMod, TF2, LoL, WoW the multiplayer is nearly dead.

MoH 2010 was good however.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 10:08:35 pm »
+1
You like COD.  Gonna try to dissect this.

By like do you mean "how could anyone like this I'll like it for shits and giggles", or do you seriously enjoy that Hollywood style on rails shit?

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 10:11:32 pm »
+1
Have you tried any of paradox grand strategy games like Europa universalis 4, crusader kings2, Victoria2 and hearts of iron3?
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 10:28:07 pm »
+1
Have you tried any of paradox grand strategy games like Europa universalis 4, crusader kings2, Victoria2 and hearts of iron3?

Only Hearts of Iron series. Interesting at first but damn it takes some serious time to put into it and the learning curve is steep. Interested in CK2 though.

You like COD.  Gonna try to dissect this.

By like do you mean "how could anyone like this I'll like it for shits and giggles", or do you seriously enjoy that Hollywood style on rails shit?

Because i'm not a sophisticated hardcore hipster but can actually enjoy some mindless killing of enemies whilst experience gained per kill flashes on the screen? Regardless not all CODs are good and recent CODs are certainly not as good as former ones. But still enjoyable to a certain degree.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 1186
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 10:35:10 pm »
+1
I'm currently playing SteamWorld Dig, small and very simple indie game. Manic Miner variant. Its not something you'll like but I don't give a fuck :D

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 10:38:03 pm »
+1
I'm playing freespace 2 with FSopen, there are lots of custom campaigns, voice acted, and very well put together. Also has graphical improvements.
Of course it won't work on the Berenger because "hurr durr mods 2dumb to install"

Having lots of fun with it on my toaster.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 10:38:50 pm »
Waste Land 2
ClockWork Empires

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 10:47:24 pm »
Campaign sucked. Multiplayer was okay but like every other game that's not Call of Duty, GMod, TF2, LoL, WoW the multiplayer is nearly dead.

MoH 2010 was good however.

Well, I tried. It's actually difficult to come up with many spunkgargleweewee titles. I suppose Crysis 1, 2 and 3 are valid suggestions. Watch Dogs also.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 11:12:07 pm »
I've been playing alot of insurgency lately, pretty fun stuff, you might like it

Another game I grabbed recently is Sangfroid: tale of werewolves, it's a game that takes place in Canada during the 1800s. Your a lumberjack trying to defend his homestead from werewolves.
It's pretty brutal, cuz your just a puny human and even 1 werewolf can screw you if you try to fight it head on. So before each night, you plan were to put traps, and resource management. Which is also difficult because the wolves spawn all over the map and attack different targets. So you also have to take into consideration the time you'll need to run between back and forth to all your different traps and objectives. Quite fun and makes you work for it.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 11:16:37 pm »
+1
Well, I tried. It's actually difficult to come up with many spunkgargleweewee titles. I suppose Crysis 1, 2 and 3 are valid suggestions. Watch Dogs also.

2 and 3 were pretty bad (while admittedly looking good), 1 was the best of that series.  Didn't bother with Watch Dogs due to technical issues at launch, games these days need more quality control

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2014, 11:36:12 pm »
+3
Planescape: Torment, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Grim Fandango, Baldurs Gate, Alpha Centauri, Myth: The Fallen Lords, The Longest Journey, Deus Ex, Age of Mythology, Sacrifice, Rise of Nations, etc.

If you're actually considering in playing actually good video games.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2014, 11:59:05 pm »
Planescape: Torment, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Grim Fandango, Baldurs Gate, Alpha Centauri, Myth: The Fallen Lords, The Longest Journey, Deus Ex, Age of Mythology, Sacrifice, Rise of Nations, etc.

If you're actually considering in playing actually good video games.

Played half of those games in the list. Also brb fapping at the thought of best game ever a.ka Deus Ex.

I've been playing alot of insurgency lately, pretty fun stuff, you might like it

Insurgency (new one) is nothing like original mod one and really weird. Feels like CS mixed with original Insurgency.

I'm playing freespace 2 with FSopen, there are lots of custom campaigns, voice acted, and very well put together. Also has graphical improvements.
Of course it won't work on the Berenger because "hurr durr mods 2dumb to install"

Having lots of fun with it on my toaster.

Hate space games (atleast games that only revolves around driving spaceships.

Played all Crysis. Liked most of them but Crysis 3 had sweet graphics but overall boring storyline. Watch Dogs seems interesting but not sure. Need something in between before Far Cry 4, Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, Battlefield Hardline and Warlords of Draenor gets released a.ka the GOAT upcoming games.

Waste Land 2
ClockWork Empires

Wasteland 2 looks too much eww. Clockwork Empires looks kind of interesting.