Poll

Removing bushes is cheating?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Is removing bushes ingame something we should consider cheating?  (Read 12273 times)

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
Re: Is removing bushes ingame something we should consider cheating?
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2014, 01:11:30 pm »
And nothing of value would be lost.

uhm, threads like these?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2014, 05:36:41 pm »
+4
...i really dont think they care ( donkey crew  ) Tydeus put up a vid of him killing and being killed( you know the one, set to bangerang ), you can see from the video he uses the same things, ( colored weapons, brush removal, add that to show names cheat and he can see through anything? )

The guy they have as "balencer", does all this shit and worse...i dont think its going to change, i really dont think donkey crew cares, i really REALLY dont think they understand the impact this will have on their new game. after the way crpg has gone i wont be buying M:bg thats for sure.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2014, 02:54:56 am »
+2
...i really dont think they care ( donkey crew  ) Tydeus put up a vid of him killing and being killed( you know the one, set to bangerang ), you can see from the video he uses the same things, ( colored weapons, brush removal, add that to show names cheat and he can see through anything? )

The guy they have as "balencer", does all this shit and worse...i dont think its going to change, i really dont think donkey crew cares, i really REALLY dont think they understand the impact this will have on their new game. after the way crpg has gone i wont be buying M:bg thats for sure.

It's disgusting how Tydeus gets away with it because he is part of the so called "dev team".

Makes me sick.

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2014, 07:09:48 am »
Well personally I like some bush it ads character to that certain area but I don't mind if it's removed either though

Says the guy whose profile picture says "I am a pervert," in Japanese.
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2014, 07:11:45 am »
+1
There's ticks in that bush, watch yourself

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2014, 10:02:47 am »
+3
If you worried about cRPG's lack of anti cheat measures you should contact Taleworlds. We [both cRPG and MBG devs] are fully aware of what's cRPG and what's MBG, and the limitations with the former. Anti cheating measures are important, but the structure to make them has to be there from the start, and that's something that Warband has always been missing.

Are we responsible for fixing anti cheating measures for Warband? Of course not. We are developing a mod not a commercial product.

Are we responsible for fixing anti cheating measures for M:BG? Of course we are. It's a commercial product with multiplayer focus.
Monkeys!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2014, 10:35:09 am »
+2
You are responsible for fostering and encouraging an anti cheating culture. ATM people are free to cheat as much as they like because you have no policy at all on what you are and are not allowed to mod. People are right to assume a dev team with that kind of attitude will continue with it with their next game
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2014, 10:46:37 am »
+1
That was addressed in the post above yours, re: mod vs. engine.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2014, 11:23:52 am »
No its not. Hes saying they can't actually stop people cheating. I'm saying you can combat cheating just through your attitude towards mod tweaking..until they actually say its against the rules to tweak in certain ways then they will continue to encourage a negative gaming culture. They say you can mod what you like, so you get people using coloured weapons, flattening out bushes, making walls translucent. People aren't having to make a conscious decision to be a cheater, because they technically aren't with the attitude the devs have to modding in the game

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2014, 01:37:49 pm »
Well isn't this the case with every and I mean literally every online game? Especially the competitive ones. Tryhards will do anthing to get the edge, it will always happen either you want it or not, now it's your choice to be among that crowd and use the tweaks or be one of the immersion guys. I personally never used any of that crap in any game just because I like the experience, not my score, ofc it always is nice to top the scoreboard and help your team win but was never the reason I played the games, I do play to win but not to be 1st on the scoreboard with 20 stolen kills, I'd rather finish last and die every round but have my team win because of it. As for the scrubs having no bushes (they probably don't get around bushes irl so they are not used to it  :mrgreen:) and starwars weapons fuck them, if they want to have a shit looking game just for the score let them, I find it kinda sad, plus it makes killing them especially sweet.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2014, 02:04:46 pm »
No its not. Hes saying they can't actually stop people cheating. I'm saying you can combat cheating just through your attitude towards mod tweaking..until they actually say its against the rules to tweak in certain ways then they will continue to encourage a negative gaming culture. They say you can mod what you like, so you get people using coloured weapons, flattening out bushes, making walls translucent. People aren't having to make a conscious decision to be a cheater, because they technically aren't with the attitude the devs have to modding in the game

Problem is, what use is it to say it is against the rule if you cannot detect people doing it it? It would only lead to Thomeks banning people on presumption.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2014, 02:19:07 pm »
+1
Problem is, what use is it to say it is against the rule if you cannot detect people doing it it? It would only lead to Thomeks banning people on presumption.

Which he would never do otherwise

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2014, 02:20:41 pm »
+2

People can flaunt their dodgy mods now and nothing will be done about it. If we had a decent attitude towards dodgy mods that comes from those with authority we would be in a better position to discourage people from using them. Anti cheat measures can always be circumvented. The trick is to make people not want to cheat in the first place, and that comes from the culture of the server, clear rules and good attitudes from devs on the subject.

There have been too many threads that don't give a clear message about what you can and can't do. We had a thread on levelling out all the tall folliage that blocks vision for everyone except the modder. We have loads of threads on coloured models with no good message from the devs. We have videos of people using the mods with highlighted coloured obstructions. Images of see through terrain elements. I don't blame people for using the mods when we have an attitude were you can basically mod what you feel like. When the dialogue first started we had lots of discussions on the topic. The devs didn't give good input and even locked threads with flippant remarks that suggest its not an issue

If its not cheating to mod files then why not? I believe in level playing fields in games, and if people are using certain mods then everyone should too. Why should one have vision in a certain area and someone else not? If its not cheating or against the rules then people should do whatever modding they want
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:34:32 pm by Grumbs »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2014, 04:01:29 pm »
I believe in level playing fields in games

You should stick to singleplayer games then.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2014, 06:21:48 pm »
Its cheating.

THE END.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"