Author Topic: Longer leveling  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
Re: Longer leveling
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 04:05:25 pm »
yeah, it really sucks, sometimes, if not most times, it throws you off your game aswell, it's rather hard keeping a multiplier when you're constantly been switched, on topic, i have little less than a qtr way to go to finally level up to 31, should take me about 3 days maybe, lol...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kharn

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • Game nicks: Kharn, Oneshot_Mcgee, Flash
  • IRC nick: Kharn
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 10:41:00 pm »
Deciding not to retire was the worst CRPG decision I have ever made by far.

I played the millions of exp to get to level 38 on Kharn then chadz did partial character wipe.

Instead of doing a partial wipe by the amount of EXP you have gained he did by the number of levels.   I lost 90% of the work I had done on my character while everyone who had retired lost almost none.

I used to have one of the best characters in the game and got punished for it while people who played way less than I did got way better characters.
If your name is on either of these 2 lists: http://goo.gl/0SEqf -- http://goo.gl/I3SFf
And you want to be on youtube dueling famous fighters. Add imkharn to steam.
To see existing videos go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/imkharn

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 12:00:05 pm »
I always feel like 30-31 just goes by too fast...  :rolleyes:

That's why i made a few alts that i probably won't retire.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 12:35:03 pm »
I think the first levels should go slower, and heirlooming should make them go faster, but increase the overal time it takes to retire (by increasing the xp needed for levels higher than 30), so grinding goes slower as you go, but you reach working levels faster (which was the goal of retiring in the first place).

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 03:06:08 pm »
I dont retire because of heirlooms. I retire because I want to try different builds and I get bored in one quite fast. Still I don't want to grind money for 5 different characters, so I play only one character.

That's why 1-31 should be quite fast and currently 30-31 takes a bit too long in my opinion. Maybe if you had retired 10x before last big patch, but as new player first gens are pain in my butt and I'm not surprised if many players are getting bored and leave game totally.

And I play a lot. I can make 1 million exp per day, sometimes more. But casual players that have mysterious thing called life (must be rumour), most likely need couple months for one retire and that's WAY too long time.

Maybe add system that gives you exp-bonus if you play less? Just like in some mmo:s out there.

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 03:12:01 pm »
I agree that the levelling is too much, the base exp tick should be incremented. But I like the way levels are structures right now, at level 30 you have your build "complete" and you can enjoy it. For me 1-30 is grinding, 30 to 31 is just playing with that build :).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 04:10:22 pm »
I agree that the levelling is too much, the base exp tick should be incremented. But I like the way levels are structures right now, at level 30 you have your build "complete" and you can enjoy it. For me 1-30 is grinding, 30 to 31 is just playing with that build :).

This.

30 - 31 is fun. I suggest do 1 - 30 little bit shorter (700 000 - 1000000 xp) and 30 - 31 longer.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 05:36:48 pm »
This.

30 - 31 is fun. I suggest do 1 - 30 little bit shorter (700 000 - 1000000 xp) and 30 - 31 longer.

This would favor people who do not plan on retirement. NO!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 05:40:18 pm »
This.

We can also complete what is already done half way with upkeep and just turn this mod into Native.

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:17 pm »
This would favor people who do not plan on retirement. NO!

31. level will be still same xp. I enjoy playing with complete build. Also love peasant time :), but level 25-30 took much time, you are competent here, probably use your final gear. This few skill points is not worth of grinding time,  because you have same role on battlefield as level 30, but game feeling
is not so good for me as playing  with compete build.

Offline AzureSkys

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • per aspera ad astra
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Azure, Nihilanth
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 07:22:12 pm »
When I first started playing in February the idea of retiring, getting the nice XP bonus and heirloom stuff was really appealing. It seems wise to make that an interest so you get people cycling back through the lower levels. Having a diverse player level amount makes for fun play. It sucks as a peasant and you get womped on badly, but then when the upper 20s are reached you can have your turn at the womping.

If it's just a bunch of level 30/31 players with maxed out abilities running around, there's not much change from Native other than the persistent weapons and variety of them and armor. It seems more sensible, in the RPG aspect, to cycle through the process. Sure, the 3x heirloom items might get considered OP if someone is completely equipped with them. With the XP bonus as is was, though, there was intensive to go for them since the time would decrease each generation.

The skip to level 30 option is enable now for those who don't want to go through that process. I'd love to see the 10% XP bonus back. The grind for 1-30 and then 30-31 doesn't seem to horrible to me. It just requires focus on teamwork and winning rounds for the multiplier which makes a notable difference.

Those were my initial impressions of cRPG and what interested me when I began playing it and why I was disappointed with the 3% xp bonus. Maybe I envisioned a completely different game than the majority out there.

Offline Hyroshi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 08:41:37 pm »
The increase of heirloom items is so MINOR in the grand scheme of things... I would rather level to 35 over a long period of time then waste 200 hours for a MW item with +2 damage. Some people love to grind tho, so there are heirlooms for them!  :rolleyes:
"Heaven is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -Stephen Hawking

Offline Assarhaddon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Not with knowledge nor skill, but pure luck baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 11:06:57 pm »
Let's post this here and hope ppl that wanno know, read it.   :wink:

Little out of topic:

Retiring 15 times is max for the xp bonus. Other than the item nothing more is gained to retire 16 times.

That means that going from lvl 1 to 31 with maxed retire bonus and "average" multiplier of x2 requires 3066 tick.
(click to show/hide)
Time wise thats 51 hours of game play. (actually its even more cos rounds dont end on even tick's)

Lets put it this way.
If you wanno retire in one month, you need to play every day about 2 hours.
So if you start now..
In september you will be playing with your new wm weapon, that has exciting, +3 points damage and +1 speed!
And in december you can have 2 wm items!

Of course this required that you had maxed xp bonus. If not .. add 45% more ticks/time.
So how much you really value those 3 points of damage? Does it really help you that much?

Happy grinding  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:09:32 pm by Assarhaddon »

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 11:27:44 pm »
When I first started playing in February the idea of retiring, getting the nice XP bonus and heirloom stuff was really appealing. It seems wise to make that an interest so you get people cycling back through the lower levels. Having a diverse player level amount makes for fun play. It sucks as a peasant and you get womped on badly, but then when the upper 20s are reached you can have your turn at the womping.

If it's just a bunch of level 30/31 players with maxed out abilities running around, there's not much change from Native other than the persistent weapons and variety of them and armor. It seems more sensible, in the RPG aspect, to cycle through the process. Sure, the 3x heirloom items might get considered OP if someone is completely equipped with them. With the XP bonus as is was, though, there was intensive to go for them since the time would decrease each generation.

The skip to level 30 option is enable now for those who don't want to go through that process. I'd love to see the 10% XP bonus back. The grind for 1-30 and then 30-31 doesn't seem to horrible to me. It just requires focus on teamwork and winning rounds for the multiplier which makes a notable difference.

Those were my initial impressions of cRPG and what interested me when I began playing it and why I was disappointed with the 3% xp bonus. Maybe I envisioned a completely different game than the majority out there.

+1

This is why cRPG has lived this long, diversity in players (level and sometimes skill) and the constant changes (such as patches that makes some builds completely useless, so you'll need to invent a new one)