Poll

Time to move on...

CRPG is dead.
BoE is Best

Author Topic: BoE Mod (better than crpg)!  (Read 12677 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: BoE Mod (better than crpg)!
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2014, 12:19:21 pm »
Cora and another guy (sry i forgot your name :( )

porkchop?  :lol:

Today's fun revelations:

1. Shields nearly never break, can smack a shield about for days and nothing will happen. As expected of a mod designed by Wolves players (expect steel pick to fire lightning too, will check some other day).
2. Hoplites get 2D of stab, the animations are nearly identical, and facehugging insta-stab is easier than ever.
3. Shield-bash can 1-shot light armour.
4. Upkeep is broken too much to wear anything that isn't light armour.

I think i'll call it quits on the mod for now, it's clearly designed with a certain couple of classes in mind. If crpg is a mod designed by 2hand fanboys to be a paradise for 2hand heroes, this is a mod designed by lolstabbing polearmers for lolstabbing polearmers.

(click to show/hide)

ffs heskey lol you remind me a tiny little bit of the DayZ SA players who complain about bugs and missing feats... :D

its alpha, IMO you are a little bit unfair :)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:22:48 pm by Sniger »

Offline Eddy

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotQ
  • Game nicks: Eddy
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2014, 12:26:25 pm »
+1
Today's fun revelations:

1. Shields nearly never break, can smack a shield about for days and nothing will happen. As expected of a mod designed by Wolves players (expect steel pick to fire lightning too, will check some other day).
2. Hoplites get 2D of stab, the animations are nearly identical, and facehugging insta-stab is easier than ever.
3. Shield-bash can 1-shot light armour.
4. Upkeep is broken too much to wear anything that isn't light armour.

I think i'll call it quits on the mod for now, it's clearly designed with a certain couple of classes in mind. If crpg is a mod designed by 2hand fanboys to be a paradise for 2hand heroes, this is a mod designed by lolstabbing polearmers for lolstabbing polearmers.

1. Never experienced unbreakable shield till yet, mostly destroyed them with 4-5 hits but im also using a axe.
2. I think its ok to have the overheadstab, after a while you get used to it, facehugging stab is difficulter in Crpg because they tweaked that
3. He propably had some skillpoints in offhand which increases the shieldbash damage but also the shieldbash is a pain in the ass because of that you can feint with a shield (it activates if you block and klick attack)
4. Actually i can afford to wear a medium armor all the time, but i aint doing it because wearing armor drains you stamina (which is a good thing). Also it seems like you also get more gold if you get generations which is a downer for me since it means that high-generation people do not only get the loombonuses but also more goldgain which allows them to afford better armor (increasing the gap between new players and old one is always good as we know ;)

Until yet i like the mod and for a just released one its quite good, ofc. it needs some balancing but thats going to change with time. *hints* Alpha *hints*

Edit:
Looks like there was a patch this morning/yesterday which gives you a discount on the unkeep, there are no patchnotes yet so i cant tell you how it works, but it seems to solve the unkeep proplem.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:53:59 pm by Eddy »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2014, 03:45:17 pm »
R.I.P. cRPG

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2014, 05:26:24 pm »
+1
Me and my bro Norr are having a blast with it! Really love the highlander gear, and stamina system is fun, plus the cannons are epic.
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2014, 06:03:03 pm »
+1
I'm a bit surprised that so many people play on the Napoleonic multiplayer servers and aren't checking this out, but it might be because the melee aspect (like native and crpg) can be a bit high for some people.

I love cRPG and native, but this mod starting to soak in a lot of game time.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2014, 06:11:38 pm »
+1
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2014, 08:10:01 pm »
im trying to download the launcher but it stuck at

"running installer with 302.3 mb to download"
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2014, 08:22:23 pm »
+1

If you have problems with the launcher post it here with a screenshot of the error you're getting: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=311498.0

If you don't do that I can't fix these issues.

Downloaded the launcher, launched the launcher, clicked yes on an update notification, got an error, closed the launcher

ggnore

cRPG is better because it actually works.

Also, I recognize some old members from the Wolves clan in cRPG as developers, so obviously cRPG is the grand inspiration for this project.

Dammit teeth ! Read http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=311491.0, you were suppose to download the .Net framework 4 before D:

For the debated features like sprint and bleeding, play and get used to it before commenting. Most of time you miss a lot of counter / other feature.

Most of our players are now in love with bleeding, because you can become a medic to cure it.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2014, 08:29:17 pm »

I believe it is because you are using a non-steam WB version?

If yes, try install the regular steam-version. That fixed my issues.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2014, 09:14:24 pm »
dling launcher update now.

Will report back if I RQ or not.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2014, 09:28:59 pm »
btw when starting the launcher it complains about a missing registry key - .net should be ok, it is included in Win 8 and refuses to install (again) for that reason.

Launcher and mod seem to work fine though if you just click away the message and ignore it.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2014, 12:01:29 am »
+2
AFter playing a few maps... I have come to the conclusion that polearms fucking rule the servers.

My team of 4 of complete polearms while wearing minimal armor (or none at all) completely destroyed the other team even as they had at least one plate user.

Its fun and I like the ability to do multiple builds (although it feels kind of cheap.. being able to switch between polearm build or a firearms build and etc so easily). But it is fun and the bleedout makes it a bit more interesting. The grenades are lol tho. People love to troll with those. Can't wait for a suicide squad theme with those at some point.

However I honestly think the polearms are way OP. As a lvl 10 peasant, I was able to completely destroy people that were higher lvl and in plate with a polearm. It felt too cheap imo.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2014, 12:17:53 am »
+1
http://i.imgur.com/dtW4BxU.png  :P

but ye atm. pole+plate is vewwy stronk

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2014, 12:24:16 am »
+1
http://i.imgur.com/dtW4BxU.png  :P

but ye atm. pole+plate is vewwy stronk

Yeah I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it has overhead stab which really throws people off since a lot of the time it looks almost like the regular stab. Plus the fact that some of the polearms that I'm used to with only 2d now have 4.

I died once to a scrimitar stab. I was completely thrown off by that.

But its definitely fun and I imagine its a lot more fun with more people but polearms seem to completely wreck.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2014, 12:27:59 am »
+4
AFter playing a few maps... I have come to the conclusion that polearms fucking rule the servers.

My team of 4 of complete polearms while wearing minimal armor (or none at all) completely destroyed the other team even as they had at least one plate user.

Its fun and I like the ability to do multiple builds (although it feels kind of cheap.. being able to switch between polearm build or a firearms build and etc so easily). But it is fun and the bleedout makes it a bit more interesting. The grenades are lol tho. People love to troll with those. Can't wait for a suicide squad theme with those at some point.

However I honestly think the polearms are way OP. As a lvl 10 peasant, I was able to completely destroy people that were higher lvl and in plate with a polearm. It felt too cheap imo.

Yes, we we're definitely kicking @SS, Taser! But i do have to mention I am level 29, so that makes it quite easier to destroy those level 10s and such. also, most people don't understand that a long polearm can get 2 swings in before their shorter weapon can reach the polearm user. So, they dont bother to block a 2nd attack because they think they are close enough to land a hit. People will learn though, a good counter to polearm is shield cause you can just walk up with your block and start swinging, also, its pretty easy to chamber the long polearms.

In regards to having multiple builds, I think it is a fantastic feature. I currently have 8 builds, ranging from just a cannon loadout, to full on sniper Red Matchlock Arquebus. It adds a lot of playability to the mod unlike c-rpg. If you start to rage or dislike what you're currently playing, just switch your build and play something else with a different playstyle.

The mod does have quite a few bugs and Apsod is their ONLY item balancer, and he is still balancing all of 400+ items in the mod.

-Foppit
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair