Author Topic: Dragon Age Inquisition  (Read 10214 times)

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 02:36:51 am »
For the price of GTX 780 you could get the GTX 970 wich performes slightly better but has much lower TDP  :shock:.

shiiiit :mad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 11:03:38 am »
+1
shiiiit :mad:

Send it back if you already have it :D

If you didn't order it from some douchebags, they'd help you out with it.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 01:56:27 pm »
21 November release date :o so excited

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 04:42:53 pm »
bump.

So far... meh. I played for about 4 hours and got to clear out a chunk of the Ferelden region. Haven't really been wowed yet but it's still early and there's a ton of shit to do. The companions so far are pretty boring/uninteresting compared to Origins.

Also, I really really hate the "floating jetpack daggers" that they, for some reason, decided to have on the back of the model instead of the waist.. and with no sheathes? Looks really goofy (I know DAO was like this too but someone was able to mod this ASAP)

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 01:51:03 am »
Great game. On pc use a controller and look up the 60 fps fix and update your drivers and it's really good. MP seems broken atm but any bros who want to party up sometime and try it out post your Origin tag. I'm Smoothrich
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 07:26:39 am »
Great game. On pc use a controller and look up the 60 fps fix and update your drivers and it's really good. MP seems broken atm but any bros who want to party up sometime and try it out post your Origin tag. I'm Smoothrich
I was wondering if it's actually nice to play it with a controller instead of the classic m&k. How is the transition between fps and tactical view with a controller? Is it okay in tactical view or do you get this "aiming at anything with controller is shit"-feeling?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 08:16:52 am »
I was wondering if it's actually nice to play it with a controller instead of the classic m&k. How is the transition between fps and tactical view with a controller? Is it okay in tactical view or do you get this "aiming at anything with controller is shit"-feeling?

You don't really need tactical view anymore, but the transition is fine.

I agree, the M&K controls are really funky and pretty stupid. I have some complaints about the game such as the pinging to highlight items is fucking retarded and the side quests feel a lot like a MMO with no plot behind them. However I'm still enjoying the game a fair bit and I even started over because I found Archery boring and switched to Mage instead, combat is a lot better than previous Dragon Ages in my opinion and the cut scenes are beautiful. It's definitely not a top tier game but it's not terrible either, I bought it off Nuuvem (Brazillian website it's the fucking bomb to buy new releases on as its half price usually) for 40$ so I got my moneys worth.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 09:09:29 am »
You don't really need tactical view anymore, but the transition is fine.

. It's definitely not a top tier game but it's not terrible either.

That's like, your opinion, maaan. I actually think it is top tier and a great comeback for Bioware.

And you DO need the TV if you're playing on harder difficulties.

P.S. love it , except for the retarded bug that makes my male Qunari be recognized as a female by the npcs . Here's hoping a quick patch will fix this.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 09:46:23 am »
That's like, your opinion, maaan. I actually think it is top tier and a great comeback for Bioware.

And you DO need the TV if you're playing on harder difficulties.

P.S. love it , except for the retarded bug that makes my male Qunari be recognized as a female by the npcs . Here's hoping a quick patch will fix this.

I'm playing on Hard and I haven't used TV once yet.

*shrug*

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 12:54:42 pm »
What's the most fun class to play if you go for real-time only?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 01:23:45 pm »
Looks like an mmo to me, the UI is terrible, sidequests are lame and just the general feel of it reaks of mmo. It's like they were going to compete with TESO but noticed how shit it went so they changed course halfway through.

Oh well.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 02:14:21 pm »
Looks like an mmo to me, the UI is terrible, sidequests are lame and just the general feel of it reaks of mmo. It's like they were going to compete with TESO but noticed how shit it went so they changed course halfway through.

Oh well.
Have you played it or are you just commenting based on videos?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 02:43:45 pm »
Have you played it or are you just commenting based on videos?

Based on watching a twitch stream so i guess i cant really speak for it completely, doesnt at all give me the vibe that the first one did.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 04:08:15 pm »
What's the most fun class to play if you go for real-time only?
Angry Joe mentioned in his video that he plays archer cuz that is the only character that can move while attacking. He mentions that there is even a skill that let's you move a bit faster. So I guess that would be the most active choice.

Oh well.
That's Angry Joe's impression too. Summarized it was like "Looks great, shit tons to do but story falls a bit flat, companions are a bit flat and the world is not really consequent (player's race and gender only affecting dialogues but not normal gameplay reactions...)
It sounded to me that the world is barely improved, apart from graphics, compared to Origins. That would be a valid complaint.
Another thing I've read is that side quests are kinda stupid. You're the mighty leader of the Inquisition and the saviour of all... but you still need to get wood logs, iron ore and other tiny shit for single encampments... >_< That is kinda stupid but... well... RPG basics... so... meh...

I hope for a solid story, some good companions and good combat in a nice environment. Then I'll be happy.
What made Origins awesome for me were the companions and their characters. I actually had some I completely disliked and hated on during dialogues, never using them in party... If I get that sensation again, they have their purpose for me fulfilled :D
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 04:38:20 pm »

Oh well.

I've played 8 hours of this so far and it does feel like an mmo in the plethora of cheap, grindy sidequests and the like. Companions and supporting characters are kind of lame and the story has been meh so far.