Author Topic: anyone else hates archery?  (Read 9614 times)

Offline buy_dsr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
anyone else hates archery?
« on: January 08, 2011, 06:35:46 pm »
tell me what still drives you to play as an archer
i played for about 1 hour with a level 24 archer and what used to be a fun ride felt really dull and boring
please remind me where is the fun in this class as I can't see any reason to keep going as it is now

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
Re: anyone else hates archery?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 06:36:29 pm »
Do something else then

I like archery and I like 1H sword + board, so I do both.
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline ScotTFO

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Troll Bait
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_The_Fallen_ones
  • Game nicks: ScotTFO_IV
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:40:37 pm »
I play archery because I such at the game either way so it really doesn't matter.

My new love is HA, so not only can I continue on with not killing anyone, but now I can run away and live longer doing it!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 06:42:51 pm »
Just go throwing put 100+ wpf in it and 6 or more powerthrow, almost like archery except a little bit less range, faster shooting, and insta-kill with 34 pierce just for javelins, not even talking about jarids and throwing lances.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 06:45:06 pm »
Kesh, you're not an archer anymore? This is a sad day :(
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline buy_dsr

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 06:47:52 pm »
I play archery because I such at the game either way so it really doesn't matter.

My new love is HA, so not only can I continue on with not killing anyone, but now I can run away and live longer doing it!
bla bla said the melee guy without being asked  anything
I am asking other players who used to play this class if they are having real issues or they can continue playing this class

Offline hekipateng

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 06:50:10 pm »
i play it sometimes just hoping this class will be fixed. doesnt matter what anyone says, its nerfed to death. we all know the problem killing someone without shooting a bunch of arrows in his body, although all other ranged classes are able to oneshot. so i can understand you. it fucked up to be an archer these days. and yeah - melees should shut the fuck up. they arent nerfed nearly like archers. know that, because of playing both classes.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 06:52:22 pm »
Just go throwing put 100+ wpf in it and 6 or more powerthrow, almost like archery except a little bit less range, faster shooting, and insta-kill with 34 pierce just for javelins, not even talking about jarids and throwing lances.

A couple of points on this argument. You neglected to mention 1/4 the ammo. This means that throwing is a hybrid class, unless you are happy being completely uselss after 2 minutes into the battle, assuming you didn't get shot to pieces carrying 4 stacks of throwing and no shield. Being able to loot ammo off the battlefield is a variable, not a given, and other ranged classes can do it too. So spending points in a primary melee weapon is essential, so what you are mentioning with the 6 PT and 100+ wpf is a high level build, meaning the exception, not the rule.

And when you say "little bit less range", you mean drops like a brass football compared to bolts and arrows.  :mrgreen:

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 06:55:09 pm »
Looks like foot archering is down to the ground, but HAring is still fun, I'm nowhere near as close to the kills I had before (From average 15/3 to 1/6 now), but, it's doable. Not to mention I get either KSs or other archers and peasants, mail and above is out of my killing zone.

And to the guy above, I know some people have as much range as a archer with throwing lances, I've seen someone snipe with them. =D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:58:01 pm by Maira »

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 06:59:29 pm »
Looks like foot archering is down to the ground, but HAring is still fun, I'm nowhere near as close to the kills I had before (From average 15/3 to 1/6), but, it's doable.

And to the guy above, I know some people have as much range as a archer with throwing lances, I've seen someone snipe with them. =D

Hehe, what you most likely saw was a guy that either looked straight up, threw the lance, and got a luck hit, or a guy that hit someone he wasn't aiming at. With the reduced range, and the superslow flight speed, you have to lead quite a long ways ahead of a moving enemy to get a hit. That gives targets that never even knew you threw at them lots of time to change direction, stop, or move behind a barrier, completely oblivious to the fact that you just tried to kill them.  :lol:

Offline Dwarden

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 07:09:25 pm »
i wonder why everyone hates archery but not the less skill needed crossbows ...
unlimited aim time, instant weapon switch and fire and so on, way stronger dmg vs armor / shields and so on ...

so to make it short ... there should be at least recoil on crossbow if you aim longer than 20 or 30s ...

compared to crossbows archery usually takes skill and lot of nerves and luck (often your arrows fly totally elsewhere than  where you aim for)
with crossbow that's usually in direction of crosshair ...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:11:25 pm by Dwarden »

Offline Cheapshot

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cheapshot
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 07:28:45 pm »
i wonder why everyone hates archery

Let me tell you the meaning of "I hate archers!!!"  :

"I tried to play as archer in the past and I sucked"

" thou shalt not strangle, decapitate or whatnot unless the other fella had it comin "

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 07:32:48 pm »
Let me tell you the meaning of "I hate archers!!!"  :

"I tried to play as archer in the past and I sucked"

this +1
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 07:39:40 pm »
I did leave my Bow when this patch released! Archery is useless nowadays....

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 07:43:30 pm »
A couple of points on this argument. You neglected to mention 1/4 the ammo. This means that throwing is a hybrid class, unless you are happy being completely uselss after 2 minutes into the battle, assuming you didn't get shot to pieces carrying 4 stacks of throwing and no shield. Being able to loot ammo off the battlefield is a variable, not a given, and other ranged classes can do it too. So spending points in a primary melee weapon is essential, so what you are mentioning with the 6 PT and 100+ wpf is a high level build, meaning the exception, not the rule.

And when you say "little bit less range", you mean drops like a brass football compared to bolts and arrows.  :mrgreen:

Its not true that you cant be thrower only, I am thrower only, 27 strenght, 9 powerthrow, 3 stacks of throwing lances (thats 6 lances) and shield, 127 throwing wpf. I always have more kills then deaths, most of the times i survive battles till end. But still even with throwing lances there are people who survive on shot so i need to shot them again, i tried other throwing weapons, but none is like lance. And its ton of fun. I've been polearmer and archer and i can say beeing thrower is more fun, and i get better scores as thrower.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login