Author Topic: anyone else hates archery?  (Read 9616 times)

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
Re: anyone else hates archery?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 09:32:45 pm »
It's true that archers have indeed been nerfed. Maybe also overnerfed. I wouldn't know as I don't play them. I wouldn't mind them getting a little buff but certainly not back to before the patch.

Noone is expecting that.

It still takes only 2 TWO hits from a lvl 28-30 archer to knock me out. In stead of 1, which was the case with the very top tier archers pre-patch.

Why would you expect to NOT be 1-2 shotted by someone near the level cap if you wear your light ninja armor? How many hits does a 2-hander, polearm or 1-hander need?

I'm no tin-can or horse of course, but as a damage-meter I testify that archers have a reasonable amount of damage now. There are far fewer tin-cans around as well. You have to choose your battles, and most archers can run away from tin cans.

Haha, such shit. I rarely have to run away from tincans, because I stay behind our lines. However, I would like to be able to support my team in softening those hard targets. Same for cavalry. I can't do that any longer. At all.

But no problem. I'll just kill all those rabid peasents (and ninjas) instead. Someone has to do that too.

I think poetrydog, you know nothing about archers. However you play in a way that makes you very vulnerable against archers (which is your own fault). Now you whine and cry and moan on the boards :rolleyes:

Oh well, a normal day in the life of an archer...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:46:34 pm by Trout4711 »

Offline Wench

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • lets post!!!! posting party in this thread!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Wench, Revolting, Barda
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 09:43:09 pm »
Yeah, archer is kind of overly nerfed in its current state. Like I understand changing it with the patch, but we might have overshot too much guys.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LLJK POSTING SQUAD FOR LIFE NO REGRETS!!!!

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 09:49:28 pm »
Archers seriously gotta stop their rage.

It still takes only 2 TWO hits from a lvl 28-30 archer to knock me out. In stead of 1, which was the case with the very top tier archers pre-patch.

:rolleyes:

Just because you are no sniper-gods anymore you cry. Well I'm no Ninja-god with 10 athletics anymore either, and I accept that. Everyone got a nerf.

Well sniping is pretty hard even when ur 5 M away from the enemy now!
And if ur getting killed by 2 hits that kinda weird, i need 4 arrows in my stomach to die on my archer. 37 body armor....

What u mean is: Archers seriously gotta stop being nerfed, i hate ppl whine about archers!

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 10:02:03 pm »
There is no reason to choose archery now, throwing and xbow is simply better.  Takes 5 arrows to kill a horse, or 1xbow or javelin.  Since the reticle on the bow is so terrible now you have to get just as close as you do with throwing or xbow.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 11:01:37 pm »
You forget one main point:
As thrower you have to pay upkeep for equipment worth 30k, just for 16 shots. Archer pays what? 10k for his weapons at most. So, throwers have to be 3times as effective as archers. Nerf archers more.

What crack are you smoking?  My bodkin arrows 2/3 the cost of javelins i use with my 2H/thrower, fill 3 slots with them just liek i dow ith javelins, but the warbow is more expensive by double so its roughly the same cost, but cutting rather than pierce, less damage, slower, and requires far more wpf to be accurate.  And upkeep is so ridiculously easy with all my alts since the hotfix it is not a major consideration unless you chase after full black armor or plated charger.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 11:07:09 pm »
2) Will do my second heirloom of the khergit bow on my archer alt when retirement comes back, maybe even a third and another one for the second one for bodkin arrows (+2 damage), but archery will remain a clown class until chadz makes changes (but all his fellow programmers are tin cans anti-archers, so not likely).  Hell, the only people that benefitted from switching from piercing to cutting is tincans... not noobs, not peasants, not agility builds, not shielders... tincans.  Do we really need to buff tincans?  Were they some kind of endangered class?  Like the elephant and rhino riders?

BS, everyone did. 30 body armour - that's not even the top leather and leather gloves - offers a noticeable reduction (namely, you don't die in one hit like prepatch). Mail? Mail feels fairly protective particularly vs lower end bows - sure warbows and longbows still inspire fear, but again, you don't get oneshot in it (and yes, that wasn't too uncommon either prepatch) by one, and twoshot by a quickfire strongbow.

Especially nowdays when without 4 shield skill you can and will get shot beside the shield, and angle shots are possible, the old archery damage would lead to, well, everyone rolling archers again. And dear god, battles feel refreshing to play these days. Imagine, people actually fight instead of waiting for archers and other ranged to play counterstrike for a few minutes before engaging in melee, and then trying to eliminate the surviving archers running around firing automatic fire railguns at them.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline priest

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SR
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 11:35:51 pm »
Archers seriously gotta stop their rage.

:rolleyes:

Just because you are no sniper-gods anymore you cry. Well I'm no Ninja-god with 10 athletics anymore either, and I accept that. Everyone got a nerf.

Was archery a bit much pre-patch? Maybe a little.  But we're currently overnerfed.  You have the fact that they slowed our animations and shot speed significantly, on top of that our damage is now cut instead of pierce.  To top it all off we still have the penalty from PD (No other class receives a penalty to their skill by training in the required skill to be able to use the weapons) which is made worse by the fact that the WPF costs are so incredibly high that we can't afford to do anything BUT Weapon master and PD just to get any WPF to be slightly effective.  Add this to the fact that I am a horse archer and need to keep putting points into riding and HA and you have a seriously unbalanced nerf.  This isn't the run of the mill bitching, this is a serious problem, it feels like we're shooting spit balls at people. 

Archery wasnt OP, what was OP was 10+ gen characters with crazy amounts of WPF bonus points shooting longbows and one-shotting people to the chest wearing mail.  With the WPF bonus gone these overboard nerfs are way too rediculous.  As i stated in a previous post, the bows have been taken from our hands.  Even with this nerf I still have FUN (the main idea here) playing my HA and wouldn't have it any other way.  I just wish that when i shoot 25 arrows and land 15+ hits that I have more to show for it than a 0-1 record. 

Offline Rokem

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 11:39:44 pm »
As a 2Hander, I think archers should get back pierce damage.

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 12:10:12 am »
I continue play archer 'cause that's all I know. :(
Still getting kills but more hits required than before.

Returning pierce would be lovely of chadz.

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 12:15:50 am »
Im playing as a Polearm dude, and i think archers should be prenerfed!

They cant kill me anymore, pls give them back the old wpf system and pierce dmg! So they are able to kill me, life is boring without archers!

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 12:20:20 am »
we only need our pierce back.

Materwork bows and sharp bodkin arrows wont do the trick...and why should we retire 5 times just to have acceptable damage? Retiring 5 times to improve 1 build should make your character a bit OP, not just balanced.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:23:29 am by Cris »

Offline Dwarden

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2011, 12:38:51 am »
i think the game would be fine if
1. archers got back the damage type
2. crossbows get time based recoil after let say 10-30s of aim
(approx - depending on weight of the crossbow)

cause crossbow isn't some light stuff to hold and keep infinite aim ....

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2011, 12:43:25 am »
Personally, I'd rather archers have their old accuracy back, but not the damage.  When a couple arrows can kill you, the pace of the game is crippled.  Two full minutes of turtling behind a shield before the round can really start wasn't uncommon.  Besides multiple generation champions, they were always my #1 fear.  I was also a shield user, which is the supposed counter.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2011, 12:44:27 am »
Personally, I'd rather archers have their old accuracy back, but not the damage.  When a couple arrows can kill you, the pace of the game is crippled.  Two full minutes of turtling behind a shield before the round can really start wasn't uncommon.  Besides multiple generation champions, they were always my #1 fear.  I was also a shield user, which is the supposed counter.

I support this only if HAs get accuracy back with it too :)

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2011, 12:47:08 am »
I support this only if HAs get accuracy back with it too :)

Why dont u support me on both dmg and accuracy? :(