Author Topic: 0.3.3.9.1  (Read 48378 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.3.9.1
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2014, 12:12:55 pm »
Still, I'd rather be wounded/killed by skill shots (which actually to succeed have to take into account simple stuff like projectile speed, target distance, target mobility, target possible movement routes, precipitation, maximum accuracy point, small release window, etc) than pure sheer luck as it is now.

That's interesting and all, but doesn't change the fact that being shot or not is not dependent on the guy that should have the most control over that situation, namely the victim. "get a shield" has been debunked so many times it's more of a joke now, and dodging is inconsequential against decent archers or any xbow, as projectile are much too fast to be actively dodged.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have accurate, predictable archery with slower projectiles and tighter timing requirements. However, the decrease in ranged population is a godsend compared to whatever we had before, regardless of the cause for that decrease.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2014, 03:21:33 pm »
Melee abilities? We already have them, 0 slot weapons are quite OP IMO. Just you need to make good build.

DMG against plated? that's why almost all ppl are using bodkins.

You need to be stronk? 18 or 21 str are more than quite big part of c-rpg population have.

18/27 on lvl 33 and even turtle can easily catch you, cav will rape your ass. Other sige why an archer shooting whole his life and sacreficed all his skills to archery shouldn't be accurate? Any weapon becomes "part of you" while using it long enought.

Archer bpring after some time? Make retirement, respec or switch to other char...

Its because 1 hand stab (swords) are OP. So a acher can actually take away 50 percent hp of my plated charger with 1 hand stab. And in melee you still suck!!! Sorry idont get your point. And i doubt you get mine. Hopefully with the example what i posted over that it became clear what i mean. Totally unrealistic bullshit. I mean it is realistic that you can throw a guy out of his saddle with an 2 hand swing while he is riding past you. but it is totally nonsense that the thrust would do some damage to the horse or to the rider. specially as in my case he is wearing Milanese plate as well. Sounds that realistic to you? And in melee you still suck. i have my eyes on the archers while i am playing and they suck Honorable in melee. Only with the gay turded 1 hand stab they have a chance and this is unrealistic again. So this needs a nerf. And need a buff in melee abilities. That you can fight as the developer of this beautiful game was designated it.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2014, 03:23:42 pm »
So a acher can actually take away 50 percent hp of my plated charger with 1 hand stab.

I stopped reading there.

You don't half talk shit Simon.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2014, 03:34:20 pm »
I stopped reading there.

You don't half talk shit Simon.
well he can
if you hit legs with good speed bonus

but not 100% sure of that
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2014, 03:36:09 pm »
+1
For me the problem is you see the game. As a game where people think. oww he is an archer lets kill him. he should not have any melee abilities. I think he should have the same. But the melee on the other end should have the professionalism to fight with diffrent kind of melee weapons. not only with 2 hand.  :wink: And also with shield. Because somebody who could afford a armour in medieval times would also have a special training. Because the armour is so expansiv that you can nor risk
it to lose that kind of troops in your army. As an lord.

Archers where special against all kind of mail armored targets. against Plated armored guys you would stand little chance only with your arrows. Maybe you can kill one before he arrives at you with his horse. But then you would get problems.

And longbow archers where also that OP because they always aim for the horses. But when i would be a plated charges. covered in steel as well like the rider. You really think you would do some damage . Seriously ??? there is like a 40 -60 meters killing zone. so you actually have the chance to do one deadly shoot. But then they would ride into you stevve. because it would not only be one rider. like HESKEYTIME said you would be protected by melees as well . What forms a professional army. makes a rubble to man. And not like lets make World of warcraft mod out of this shit.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2014, 03:37:50 pm »
+1
 You not  jtobiasm.  :wink: But some merc archers did it with me.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2014, 03:39:30 pm »
+1
iam an adult krems fuckers.  :lol: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ[/youtube]

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »
+2
Krems are not part of the crpg system.  :lol:

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2014, 04:27:25 pm »
+1
Yeah and also don´t forget the idiotic horse speed now. I am unbelievable fast with 8 riding. And plated charger. But it ruins the gameplay with great lance and this horse. You are to fast with this kind of speed. It is crazy that i am saying that but it is like this. i would like it if he would have less speed. So the last nerf of heavy horses was bullshit. And buffing the speed was a move of somebody who has no experience in riding a horse efficient.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2014, 04:28:17 pm »
You not  jtobiasm.  :wink: But some merc archers did it with me.

1/2 of your plated charger's life ? Stop exagerating. Even 13 PS and 100 wpf in 1h can't do that, unless foots are hit.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2014, 04:34:53 pm »
No way in hell will it do that much damage from a non-infantry unless it hits the legs. You think that a non-melee will be able to deal 80 final damage to 64 armor? That's like 110 pierce hit from a 21/21 build, ~200 raw. Definitely hitting the legs.

Because leg armor isn't changing any time soon, 8 diff horses are going down to 7.

Yeah and also don´t forget the idiotic horse speed now. I am unbelievable fast with 8 riding. And plated charger. But it ruins the gameplay with great lance and this horse. You are to fast with this kind of speed. It is crazy that i am saying that but it is like this. i would like it if he would have less speed. So the last nerf of heavy horses was bullshit. And buffing the speed was a move of somebody who has no experience in riding a horse efficient.

It's better at charging and you need to be sure of your path ahead of time. If you're too fast, slow down a bit and you're more maneuverable as well.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:38:38 pm by San »

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2014, 05:58:21 pm »
and what about hot"so-called"fix, San?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2014, 06:25:15 pm »
Why is so-called in quotations?

Anyways, devs initiate patches, and they've been quite busy this past week.

Offline Anco

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The North
  • Game nicks: Anco
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2014, 06:52:41 pm »
+1
Can we aspect the patch for this weekend?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2014, 06:55:42 pm »
+4
If you're dodging after they've released the arrow then you've timed it wrong.

If you're dodging before they've released the arrow that's simply not dodging. That's moving in a hopefully unpredictable pattern so as to confuse the shooter. If the shooter doesn't get confused, you WILL get shot, no matter how well you "dodged".

I can strafe arrows from the huge majority of archers, with my OP 0athletics. And that is even when i'm directly charging them to kill in melee. The best archers get me most of the time, but tricky and well timed dodging can still conquer these when i get it right.

I think you might have this outlook if you've already convinced yourself dodging is pointless and no longer bother (the same way you dont use a shield cos they're apparently worthless, and you went armourless to 'protest' about how armour doesnt work either), then of course ranged would appear appallingly unbalanced because by not wearing armour, shield, or dodging you are serving them your hide on a plate. The only unforgivable thing in my mind regarding ranged are the infantry who actually protect them! They deserve to be crucified. Ranged on it's own is easily dispatched, for every time they hold an arrow then shoot you point-blank, there's a time when you get amongst them and make great slaughter, but of course the shit memory is the one that sticks with you.

That's besides the point. I have played with shield and with armor for years and I didn't forget about it. I also still always dodge (otherwise I would easily die twice as often). I like to believe I'm quite "good" at countering range, compared to the majority of players anyway. My point is that even the best player in the world is going to be extremely inefficient if trying to counter ranged with anything that isn't ranged. Very frequently, how good you are won't matter and you will die. If you are trying to actively kill ranged, no matter what kind of melee equipment you are using, you are playing this wrong, as simple as that. The best way to counter ranged is to avoid them ingame and get them nerfed as much as possible, of course.