Author Topic: Can I reasonably expect a change to the current EXP/Multiplier system?  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+3
I don't get how is multiplier system so bad. Works fine, imo.

Multi system is good. It gives teams a concrete reason to win the rounds and a proper punishment for losing the round. It encourages players to do whats in the team's best interests to win rather than to play selfishly

The base x1 xp and gold amount can be tweaked for sure, but I like the multi system as it is
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Everyone has their own opinion on whats the best interest of the team, everyone not on the same Teamspeak.....

edit: and, lol,
(click to show/hide)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
+3
Everyone has their own opinion on whats the best interest of the team, everyone not on the same Teamspeak.....

edit: and, lol,
(click to show/hide)

Players can make their own decisions on what they think will help the team to win. Without the threat of losing gold/xp for losing people will instead not help their team mates. They will make decisions that suit themselves rather than the team

It also creates a competitive environment because there is something to lose and gain, which to me makes the game more fun

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Players can make their own decisions on what they think will help the team to win. Without the threat of losing gold/xp for losing people will instead not help their team mates. They will make decisions that suit themselves rather than the team

They already do now! Because we have valour, where you will be rewarded despite losing.

edit: lol, the zillionz of times ive run around some map and for some reason was in need of cover... I run into some ruin and what do i see hiding in the inner darkest corner, completely crouching into the wall... Some 2h/polearm waiting for the worst chaos to wear off...  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:46:36 pm by Sniger »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
+1
Valour for the losing team could be removed, but I think there should be some kind of reward if you lose but had a good contribution. Problem is that if you lose there is no way for the game to know if your contribution helped you nearly win or if you just tried to get valour

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I dont know any game where losers is rewarded in any way, other than the "reward" of the shameful 2nd and 3rd place of course :p

Winners take it all, losers go home with sadface. Thats how "games" is :p

edit: Here you see two winners. One of them just won World Cup and received best goal keeper trophy, other one is also a way a winner because he is use to winning, he wanted to win this time also, he got the best player trophy (!) but neither of them doesnt give a rats ass about it. Goal keeper won the tournament so WTF a goal keeper trophy, trash for the bin. Messi got the best player in the tournament, but all he wanted was win.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:16:49 pm by Sniger »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
+2
I dont know any game where losers is rewarded in any way, other than the "reward" of the shameful 2nd and 3rd place of course :p

Winners take it all, losers go home with sadface. Thats how "games" is :p

What about people who can carry their team though? You might get 10 kills while half the team get none at all and don't really contribute. In the end the guy with 10 kills and the guy with 0 gets the same reward. The guy with 10 kills might even lose more gold because he took decent gear so that he could help the team to win. Thats why I think we need some kind of consolation prize, but I don't think you should be able to game the system

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Imagine cRPG was football

(click to show/hide)

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
I think the best would be to have a base xp (like x1) + xp by damage dealt and proximity. Some extra for the winning team might give some incentive to help other players but I don't think it is necessary because hurting and damaging  enemies is the best thing to help your team win.

Right now I can run a x5 wave without contributing at all because I was lucky to be in the winning team (and vice versa). this is not the way it should be.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
Unless you're getting valour every third round like some then perhaps it's difficult to maintain a good economy, I'm always overflowing with money gaining around 50K gold every session so I can't really make any valuable input.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
+6
Since the devs are so busy elsewhere, it may turn into a joint effort like autobalance/score that will take months to get to a nice spot if something is done.

I personally think the multi system is too heavily weighted on winning consecutive times. I don't think that's really effective as a rewarding device, and it runs counter to a good functioning autobalance. I think one should be rewarded more for sustained good play for the entire map that provides better rewards for lower levels. Valour rewards extraordinary performance for a single round.

Some form of multi rewards getting your team to win. However, there really isn't anything for simply doing your work as a valuable member of the team. In an appropriately packed server, the multi is not much different than a coin flip for the average player. Siege definitely needs its own tweaked system as well, since guarding locations can be just as important as fighting at the front lines.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
+1
Perhaps slightly less upkeep would help. Not being able to afford just decent armor or weapons is what you hear most from new players, who perhaps also need these the most, both as a help but also to feel they are creating the character they want, a main theme of this mod.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:53:04 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
Imagine cRPG was football

>rageball

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+6
How about we reduce regular upkeep and increase upkeep on loomed items? The whole no strings attached upgrade thing is bullshit anyway.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
+2
i dont feel like grammar

there needs to be xp for the accumulation of points; this helps peasants get in the fight and stop leeching

also it would make players like allers not suicide leech, and that whole controversial (lol) topic disappear

"OH NO THRYN WAT ABOOT BOOSTERS"
those motherfuckers would be easy enuff to ban, take screens n shit

im tired of fighting at level 15 after retiring only to get realize i have to put in 30 hours of leeching in order to stop weilding a flaccid dick as a weapon

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.