Author Topic: 0.3.3.9  (Read 16854 times)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
Re: 0.3.3.9
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2014, 04:49:19 pm »
+4
How to restore Voicecommands to V1 / native / V2:

To Restore V1:

Exe the launcher and Repair CRPG.
    Download the old Soundfiles and put them into your crpg/sounds folder (replace the old ones if asked).
    Download the sounds.txt and replace the sounds.txt in your crpg main folder

Old Soundfiles:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14065016/Back%20to%20V1/Crpg-VC-V1.rar

Sounds.txt:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14065016/Back%20to%20V1/sounds.txt

To re-revert to V2, just repair C-rpg again.

If you want to go back to the native sounds, follow this link:

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/restored-sounds/

You still have to replace the sounds.txt (link above) after you followed Rhekimos' instructions.

I highly recommend repairing your crpg folder BEFORE you do one of those fixes.

"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Artemis13

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Isseult
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2014, 06:53:08 pm »
I started making a specific list of voice recordings that caught my attention as not working well for one reason or another. But keep in mind, overall I think this was a good thing - good ideas, nice consistency as I said before, good to have males and females actually separate now, quite a few good recordings. Therefore, I only need to point out a few things that I would tweak if it were in my control to do so.

Most of the issues I had were the commands that sounded too casual, laid back, and otherwise chatting on a street corner instead of being in combat. Having done mass fighting scenarios of various kinds in RL, I guarantee that even if you are just saying Thank You, you are kinda shouting it with some intensity across a noisy area. There isn't much "Welp." "Heya." "What a lovely day we're having."

So pretty much, anything that sounds like the people have forgotten they are in battle kinda don't work for me. I don't need to point them out individually probably - but I will if it's useful.

Other ones so far that have other issues:

(female) "Attack their cavalry!" Weirdly pronounced like "Attack their ca-val-----REEEEE".

(female) battle scream. Sounds warbly, cracking, and like a kid who had a spider tossed in their hair. Not real serious.

(female) "ARCHERS!" Probably this was someone trying to do a British accent but failing. Sorry if it was an actual British person, but I don't know any accent that uses the A that way "ATCH-ers" with a flat A. Very strange.

(female) "Thank you kind sir." Several problems. She sounds like she's at tea, and some of us being thanked aren't sirs. Best to leave it at Thank You and pump up the volume a bit.

(female) one of the death gurgles. I think you'd all know the one. Sounds like a petulant child having to go to bed.

(M-F) Death vomit. Enough said.

It was easier for me to test the female sounds because I could just go into an empty game and test them. I'm keeping an ear out for the male sounds and most of the complaints I have with them so far are the super casual tones of some of them and the overall too high pitch of many (but you know about that already.) If I find more specific ones, I'll edit them into the list.

Do I expect people to take my list and jump on it and do everything I want? No! But I figure if one is to critique, they ought to be specific.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 06:44:06 am by Artemis13 »

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2014, 07:58:30 pm »
+4

Other ones so far that have other issues:

(female) "Attack their cavalry!" Weirdly pronounced like "Attack their ca-val-----REEEEE".
Dont ever touch this! I find this absolutely adorable  :D
Not everybody has english as native language, I would also think it would be funny to have some commands with a heavy russian accent. Or something really german like "attack ze raight flenk!"

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2014, 08:00:05 pm »
+3
Dont ever touch this! I find this absolutely adorable  :D
Not everybody has english as native language, I would also think it would be funny to have some commands with a heavy russian accent. Or something really german like "attack ze raight flenk!"

http://www.medieval-faire.com/speak.html

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2014, 04:24:02 am »
+1
Please do not remove the one male "no" voice command that sounds like it is auto-tuned. It is the best thing.

edit: the one that sounds like a robot from Portal is saying it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Artemis13

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2014, 06:47:32 am »
On the "medieval speak" link. They have a lot of mistakes. But that's OK for some unreal fantasy game so long as designers know and don't mind! If people are trying to find some great accuracy, not a good link.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2014, 09:43:08 am »
Can ayone explain this buff to me?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2014, 11:38:56 am »
On the "medieval speak" link. They have a lot of mistakes. But that's OK for some unreal fantasy game so long as designers know and don't mind! If people are trying to find some great accuracy, not a good link.

Im sorry. By all means, if you have something better, please link. This was all i could find but it shows what i mean and what i would want. Im sure it is not completely correct, but i appreciate that someone took their time and made a brief list so that i could link it and show what i mean. My language is limited, im sorry.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2014, 05:47:57 pm »
+4
Im sorry. By all means, if you have something better, please link. This was all i could find but it shows what i mean and what i would want. Im sure it is not completely correct, but i appreciate that someone took their time and made a brief list so that i could link it and show what i mean. My language is limited, im sorry.

Thouh shalt be forgiven. Cometh and bow down and sucketh my fleshpole.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2014, 12:34:59 am »
Can ayone explain this buff to me?
I can.
First of all, you should notice it's Awlpoke, not Awlpike, okay.
It can't be loomed. It should have the initial stats of a +3 Awlpike therefore. It didn't. It does now.

Offline Artemis13

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2014, 04:15:25 am »
Sorry if I came off too harsh Sniger! It's OK that it isn't especially accurate. This is a fantasy game and most of us are looking for more of a 'feel' than a perfect replication of a real world moment and place in time. I just wanted to be sure people were aware that it was renn-faire speak, not actually medieval or even consistent in its own usage, so they knew what they were using if they wanted to use it.

If someone would like to see a blog that uses much more accurate English medieval grammar and vocabulary (even while making parodies of Paris Hilton) there is this: http://houseoffame.blogspot.com/ (otherwise known as Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog.)

There are also links there that do show how to read and understand medieval English.

I also do not expect or even want that to be used in CRPG. I think renn-faire speak would be absolutely fine in CRPG but I just don't want people assuming it's historically accurate.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:20:21 am by Artemis13 »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2014, 03:05:20 pm »
+2
[G]oing to reschedule for next weekend, due to time overlap with the World Cup Final. It will be scheduled for this Saturday, July 19th at 2:00 PM (14:00 EST)/ 10:00 PM (22:00) GMT+2.

Autobalance test this Saturday, July 19th at 4:00 PM (16:00) ET / 10:00 PM (22:00) GMT+2.
Server: cRPG_Tyd_Testbed

We have to test by simulating a normal battle environment, so we need as many people as possible, for a good 30 minutes or so. I'll take screenshots of everyone that comes and hold a raffle for the Boulder on a Stick (has stats of a +3 Long Maul, can't be loomed, so don't transfer it to your STF.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:50:22 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2014, 05:36:33 pm »
...and i just decided that i am going to quit shielder due to the queer score/valour system. HA incomming! 2h heroes and polelords en masse, hunting dat epeen valour. Give me a fucking break. We need and shall get alot more range.

edit: Go have a look yourself "Utrakil"  :lol: Battle server, "Reign of the Polearm & Greatsword".

You cry about range. The amount of range is due to 1. Massive amount of good non-shielder targets + cavs 2. Few to none shielders that would cause trouble
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:42:03 pm by Sniger »

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2014, 09:56:45 am »
+2
So Sniger goes HA because he fails to realize shielder is one of the best valour-farming builds in the game...
Okay, whatever, one more HA to hunt.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2014, 10:27:16 am »
...and i just decided that i am going to quit shielder due to the queer score/valour system. HA incomming! 2h heroes and polelords en masse, hunting dat epeen valour. Give me a fucking break. We need and shall get alot more range.

edit: Go have a look yourself "Utrakil"  :lol: Battle server, "Reign of the Polearm & Greatsword".

You cry about range. The amount of range is due to 1. Massive amount of good non-shielder targets + cavs 2. Few to none shielders that would cause trouble
I only play battleserver anyways. You got my minus because you care so much about valour and score that you even decide to become an annoyance(HA) for eveybody else. This is a poor decission and I feel pity for you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login