Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23825 times)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2014, 01:05:54 pm »
Should I *

ahahah

no analways i agree, as an archer i agree there should be a cap to this madness, and i think we should give those poor souls a free respec; ffs i think i am definitely the man who reached level 30 the most times, surely the one who respecced the most, look at the logs. i'm begging you. pls. and give us level 31 STF at least for these goddamn tournaments, please. people should only be using those STF anyways for the tournaments tbf, it's ridiculous seeing people with level 35/36 chars against people with level 30 chars (most of the builds are relatively complete at level 31)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2014, 01:23:39 pm »
I might start (meaning I've never looked at the scripts before) checking out conquest, but don't hold your breath.

Conquest is already working well atm. All it needs is the multiplier.
And if you have no idea on how to:

Team A=
Flag 0 = Spawn flag for A
Flag 1 = X1 for A / Victory for B
Flag 2 = x1 for A / x5 for B
Flag 3 = x2 for A / x4 for B

Neutral=
Flag 4 = x3 for A / x3 for B

Team B=
Flag 5 = x4 for A / x2  for B
Flag 6 = x5 for A / x1 for B
Flag 7 = Victory for A / x1 for B
Flag 8 = Spawn flag for B

If team A got 5 flags, she was on x4 and the team B was on x2.
If team B got 6 flags, she was on x5 and the team A was on x1.
If team B win the 7th flag, they win.

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2014, 01:30:56 pm »
+1
people should only be using those STF anyways for the tournaments tbf, it's ridiculous seeing people with level 35/36 chars against people with level 30 chars (most of the builds are relatively complete at level 31)

One thing I do enjoy about these tourneys using stfs is, you can really notice how good people are skills wise. Some people now can't run around with there high level builds raping level 30s like on eu1.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2014, 01:55:32 pm »
+2
Perhaps give ranged some kind of 'archer's valour' if targetting other ranged.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2014, 02:03:05 pm »
+1
Ahhhhh I missed one of these.

Battle players should know better by now, adapt.  Having a shield with you, or shield skill isn't a sign of weakness, nothing to be ashamed of.

Of course everyone wants to be the perfect melee killing machine, but you can't have everything on this game, the same way ranged can't be using decent melee weaponry/armor without giving away ranged capacities.

Ranged is only a problem in battle anyway. Who cares about ranged in eu_2? "Oh no, I've been shot, no worries, I'll just respawn anyway so fuck it".

High levels (past 32+) are perfect for adapting your build to all these scenarios.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2014, 02:13:07 pm »
Sure so we just play a whole different game just because of ranged..kind of like people are doing anyway

People don't want conquest, they want less OP ranged
Those are the main problems if u ask me:

1) Most of the Archers are able to outrun Infantry, or are just camping roofs, hills, towers.
2) There's just too many Archers - and most of the time even UNbalanced to one team, while the other team gets cav.
3) Archery is way too easy - that's no offense vs. our Archerpro's - hitting heads etc. IS hard - and always will be, but the pinpoint acc. makes this class quite alluring to new players. Maybe they won't kill everyone, but they can ineed stun / interrupt players - because hitting the body isn't really hard - even on high distance.
4) High Lvl Archers don't need to "specialize" - the hybrid builds are far to viable.
5) Archery doesn't have any true counter
6) The Flag system forces Players to leave their cover - which is nothing else than a forced death.
Grumbs, I love battle, I've probably spent 95% of my time in crpg on battle. Nevertheless, it has its flaws. We have understood for quite a while now that the issue with battle is that melee doesn't actually have a legitimate role. This is problematic because it means they're just fodder. It leads to all the issues we've ever had with melee vs cav or melee vs ranged, on a large scale. Furthermore, the only tangible solution, is to give melee a role to play, which is where conquest comes in.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2014, 02:14:17 pm »
+2
Ahhhhh I missed one of these.

Battle players should know better by now, adapt.  Having a shield with you, or shield skill isn't a sign of weakness, nothing to be ashamed of.

Of course everyone wants to be the perfect melee killing machine, but you can't have everything on this game, the same way ranged can't be using decent melee weaponry/armor without giving away ranged capacities.

Ranged is only a problem in battle anyway. Who cares about ranged in eu_2? "Oh no, I've been shot, no worries, I'll just respawn anyway so fuck it".

High levels (past 32+) are perfect for adapting your build to all these scenarios.

Very true, eu1 isnt melee only. There are other factors to take into consideration when making a build. Shields help a lot (atleast from my own experience) to win against ranged.

Best way to beat ranged camping somewhere is first kill off all the infantry then find good cover and wait for flags. Speaking of flags i think they should spawn at a certain time no matter what, sometimes it can take way too long and i see my team get impatient and start charging archers (without shields ofcourse) and just get shot to death. If they would spawn at 3:30 i think it would solve the issue of people getting picked off untill only ranged are alive.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2014, 02:15:43 pm »
Grumbs, I love battle, I've probably spent 95% of my time in crpg on battle. Nevertheless, it has its flaws. We have understood for quite a while now that the issue with battle is that melee doesn't actually have a legitimate role. This is problematic because it means they're just fodder. It leads to all the issues we've ever had with melee vs cav or melee vs ranged, on a large scale. Furthermore, the only tangible solution, is to give melee a role to play, which is where conquest comes in.

Maybe melee would have a role if every other class weren't also melee :D .The thing that separates the classes is that each have something that melee don't, while each also have melee to fall back on

Ideally ranged vs player would be more of a player vs player thing though. Dodging, hearing the shot release, longer time spent drawing the shot with less of a time window before you lose accuracy..stuff like that could make it less annoying
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2014, 02:37:33 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Grumbs, i honnestly don't see the point of Archers able to fight a bit in melee.
You are speaking about something completly different than the current troubles  we are encountering in EU_1.
(And honnestly, only Bagge is dangerous in melee, if you have troubles fighting archers in melee... well grumbs... Erhm... I think you see what i mean... :) )

The problem is : their numbers + the infantry unable to catch them back if they run.

It's why i think, we should try to force them to move slower when they wear a bow.
Increase a lot the weight of the bows for one week.
After this week-test, we will see if it's fixing the problem or not...

It's just an idea, maybe it wont work...

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2014, 02:47:58 pm »
+5
The only reason ranged (especially xbowers) can be easy to beat in melee is that most of them are simply bad. You outplay them, there isn't really much of a difference between your build and theres, not when melee fighting is so player skill based. Manual blocking completely negates melee damage and delays you. In order to catch a ranged player you will be getting pushed into areas you don't necessarily want to go to, where more enemy players will be and you just get shot or outnumbered even with a shield. If you don't push then the onus is on your ranged shooting their ranged while you hide somewhere

This is why ranged is such a devastating class if you are genuinely good at melee as well. Its optional though as long as you stay out of melee range but it negates any strength melee should have
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2014, 03:14:13 pm »
+4
It just needs to be nerfed even more. Few people does as well as Bagge and Stevee, often with 20:1 KD ratios. Just as good as any top 2h or cav can manage.

They represent the current apex of what is possible with an archer. Based on that, I'd say they are NOT UP, and can take another nerf.  Archery must be kept UP, because if not the servers slowly gets infested with more and more of them, destroying the mod.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2014, 03:15:54 pm »
How about reducing upkeep on heavy armors for dedicated melee-classes?

I mostly roll in light armor to break even or make money, and die after 1-3 shots. Using heavier armor would compensate for that. And should heavier armor not be an advantage of dedicated melee?

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2014, 03:19:24 pm »
+3
How about reducing upkeep on heavy armors for dedicated melee-classes?

I mostly roll in light armor to break even or make money, and die after 1-3 shots. Using heavier armor would compensate for that. And should heavier armor not be an advantage of dedicated melee?

You get caught in a loop there though. You get heavier armor to tank shots but cant catch the archers so you wear lighter armor. The lighter armor lets you catch the ranged but you die way faster. You get fucked either way.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2014, 03:28:55 pm »
+1
Sounds like a Paradox® to me  :lol:

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2014, 03:33:15 pm »
+1
You get caught in a loop there though. You get heavier armor to tank shots but cant catch the archers so you wear lighter armor. The lighter armor lets you catch the ranged but you die way faster. You get fucked either way.

I don't know. I still think it would be viable. I can only speak for myself but I rage harder by dieing from one or two arrows than by dieing because that little scoundrel is so fast.
You catch them sooner or later. If I die because he hit me 5 times on the way: Well done, fair game! But if he only hits me once and I die (or have no health left and die by one hit from his club). Thats really frustrating.

But to be able to actually pay that damn upkeep you need to either retire and sell the point (no option for me because I dont have the time to grind. Not a lot of adults do) or by jewing like hell on the marketplace (brings me no fun whatsoever).