Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23853 times)

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2014, 08:42:48 pm »
+6
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2014, 08:52:34 pm »
+3
Grumbs, I love battle, I've probably spent 95% of my time in crpg on battle. Nevertheless, it has its flaws. We have understood for quite a while now that the issue with battle is that melee doesn't actually have a legitimate role. This is problematic because it means they're just fodder. It leads to all the issues we've ever had with melee vs cav or melee vs ranged, on a large scale. Furthermore, the only tangible solution, is to give melee a role to play, which is where conquest comes in.

This is why you NEVER give ANY NA player ANY power or say in ANY melee game EVER.

I am Melee you idiot, I break the lines, I make the breaches, with out me and the rest of the infantry you dont HAVE a battle, the Archers soften my targets, and the Cavalry gives me bumps, or fucks off and gets stragglers.

They have their role, TO SUPPORT BRAVE WARRIORS WHO PLAY INF, while my job as inf, is to fight the battles archers and cav are to scared to fight, and ultimately win the rnd for my team. THATS INF ROLE, you fucking moron.

FFS chadz, when the fuck are you gonna fire Tydeus?
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2014, 09:01:30 pm »
+3
If it worked in the past why is it a problem now ?

Because the ranged pop creep is inevitable without some radical changes to the mod. Ranged nerfs improved the situation every time they hit.

To me there are two simple nerfs that would help critically : reducing ranged ammo and reducing missile speeds.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2014, 09:02:49 pm »
+2
Something off topic, click on my signature and give our mod a view.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2014, 09:03:58 pm »
+2
I think it was a mistake to give more ammo to ranged, to reduce their weight and I think 0 slot 1 handers are too good. 1 handers in general were way over buffed. I don't know why but ranged seem to take more armour than they used to. Why do they need to have pierce damage? Meh, theres a whole lot that could be done

1h stab is too good.  It doesn't really glance and still does plenty of damage with low PS.  It's too fast and there's almost no limitation on rotation.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2014, 09:12:30 pm »
+2
This is why you NEVER give ANY NA player ANY power or say in ANY melee game EVER.

I am Melee you idiot, I break the lines, I make the breaches, with out me and the rest of the infantry you dont HAVE a battle, the Archers soften my targets, and the Cavalry gives me bumps, or fucks off and gets stragglers.

They have their role, TO SUPPORT BRAVE WARRIORS WHO PLAY INF, while my job as inf, is to fight the battles archers and cav are to scared to fight, and ultimately win the rnd for my team. THATS INF ROLE, you fucking moron.

FFS chadz, when the fuck are you gonna fire Tydeus?
As usual, you fail to see the larger picture. Also, I said "we" because it's not just me, it's everyone on the dev team as far as I know. The problem is that while melee can choose who to chase, chasing is all they can do until their opponent chooses to engage them. This is due to the fact that the only way melee can work towards achieving the round goal (otherwise known as winning), is to be in melee range, yet there's nothing to force these other classes into melee range (even MotF often fails to do that).

This is a flaw with the NATIVE battle system lacking an objective outside of "kill each other", and a major reason many players chose to play crpg over native (ranged is rather tame, by comparison.)
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2014, 09:14:41 pm »
1h stab is too good.  It doesn't really glance and still does plenty of damage with low PS.  It's too fast and there's almost no limitation on rotation.

false, false, false, dubious and false.

Have you actually tried to 1h stab once in your life ?

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2014, 09:15:50 pm »
Something off topic, click on my signature and give our mod a view.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2014, 09:19:46 pm »
+1
Maybe fixing flags could be a good start, its bugged since 2 years ( maybe more ) when it go up, sometimes it dont valid the "white team have won the round" we all expect.

Playing Mount and Wait is not fun

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2014, 09:25:43 pm »
+2
Another thing about flags is if there are more than 1 ranged you can get shot to pieces even with a shield. What if flags spawned with some cover around them? Maybe drop some siege shields or make a box around them with a few entrances
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2014, 09:27:49 pm »
true, true, true, true and true.

Yes, and what MURDERTRON said.  :D

fite me irl EU_3, STF only 1h stabs no armor

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2014, 09:28:52 pm »
As usual, you fail to see the larger picture. Also, I said "we" because it's not just me, it's everyone on the dev team as far as I know. The problem is that while melee can choose who to chase, chasing is all they can do until their opponent chooses to engage them. This is due to the fact that the only way melee can work towards achieving the round goal (otherwise known as winning), is to be in melee range, yet there's nothing to force these other classes into melee range (even MotF often fails to do that).

This is a flaw with the NATIVE battle system lacking an objective outside of "kill each other", and a major reason many players chose to play crpg over native (ranged is rather tame, by comparison.)

Then maps should designed with a defensive and attacking point of view.

A battle isnt a random thing, one side is always the agressor whilst the other is acting out of self preservation.

The defenders obviously arent dumb and should thus take the tacticly superior position. (High ground, etc.)

Now, you might say: unbalance!!!!

Yes, true, but an attacker never attacks without being vaguely sure about a possible victory - this most likely shows in a higher number of troops.

Defenders: less players, tacticly superior spawn.

Attackers: more players but a tacticly inferior spawn.

This will give a direction to battle.

The troop case could be like the attackers get 60% of the players or whatever, not my biz

Btw, You guys should have some more fantasy on the dev team. Dont you ever brainstorm together? :/
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2014, 09:31:45 pm »
+1

MOTF does force range into melee, and cav into attempting the risky charges because otherwise they will lose. As long as you have a group of a couple of shielders or tanky 2h/pole you can just sit there and kill them when they approach.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Godfredus

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Selling +3 Two Handed Warhammer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2014, 09:40:33 pm »
+3
Just let cavalry be capable of killing archers. Archers kill a horse with a few arrows in it's butt, that's nonsense.
And if you're closing to archer he will make you keep your shield prepared all the time so you'll be unable to hit him.
And if you finally succeeded to make him run he will run around your horse, shooting at it with no chance of you slash him, if you're not a real pro, which are not many.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2014, 09:42:23 pm »
+3
a good solution would be to disable the movement of an archer if he has his bow stringed, right now a lot of archers can run, and then do a 180 turn while they string their bow and shoot.