Author Topic: Phase has an idea  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
Phase has an idea
« on: June 29, 2014, 05:14:06 am »
+20
Alright, i read 34..32.....20....14...6...2...1-ish thread. And i have see that people are actually trying to expand the amount of players in cRPG. I see arguments like we have these lvl 35 bitches running around killing the NEW players, soo ofcause they will get bored and leave.
I saw one guy mention a "pop-up-message" (i like that idea) we should have it, and also i think we should let the NEW players have a starting lvl at 20 or maybe 30, giving them an idea how they will be at lvl 30, when they then retire they will not rage quit that much, because they know how they will be when they lvl up. LIKE A TUTORIAL CHARACTER, annnnd ya you can call it a warm welcome

But my most important point in this thread is, dicks and trolls. Let US keep it low so we wont scare the new players away. Also that we should try to be helpful, myself i am the most careless my old friend in this game, i dont give a fuck when people ask me, and i normally tell/force them to my "clan for that week" i will try to start being a nice asian now, i hope you will at some point do the same. Please...its just a Phase we have to get over ;)

I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
Re: Phase has an idea
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 05:48:00 am »
+13

...i will try to start being a nice asian now...

google d nice asian and this is the result visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Approved.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:50:07 am »
+6
Why do you post Phase's mom here Radament ?!

By the way, about the new players, When they join a server and till they are not level 20+, they should receive a pop up message :

"Welcome in cRPG, we detected you are a new player and advise you to join EU_(6?DTV) or EU_4(dedicated to low levels)

How many times i saw in EU_3 poor newbies trying to duel beasts and get ultra raped without earning any gold/xp....
Just because they had no idea, which server they should join at start...

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 12:04:58 pm »
+15
I think one of the biggest problems for new players is the high average skill-level + UNFRIENDLY, IGNORANT, SERIOUS, KILLHUNGRY Players, that are literally running towards peasants to kill them ASA they're in sight. Also, banpolls on completely new players, Insults "l2p..." etc.

Ppl have to be more patient, friendly and most important LESS SERIOUS.

For me, (yeeeeears ago) my main motivation wasn't the game itself - but the players i've met. There were some ppl who really motivated me - trying to get better, gave me gold, invited me to clans etc. That's why i'm trying to do the exact same thing everytime i see a new player.

At low levels basically all you can do is follow someone and hope your team wins. Trolling is not "tolerated" - so ofc its just damn boring. When i started at least there were voicecommands without any "limits" - so i kinda enjoyed running around just warning ppl from incomings stuff to somehow be useful. But i wouldn't have known about VC if it wasn't for some of my new friends to tell me.

To be honest, if crpg back then was like how it is now - i would've left after 1 session.

Cus today it's basically just big, serious clans - with big, serious requirements for new members - and small, greedy brains.

One example (100% fictive, yet quite nailing what's happening):

New dude joins the server - says: "Hey! I can't use my equipment! Is that a bug? What do i have to do?"

Bigclan_Someone says: "U NOT STRONK ENUF LOLZ xD"

New dude: "What do you mean?"

Bigclan_Someone* says: "L2p Newmy old friend"

(Ofc. there's other ppl trying to help. But once you write something unserious, even insulting like that - you've ruined it.)

Crpg-Players are "intelligent", but offending ppl - that either are playing disproportionately serious and hating trolls - or are trolls themselves.

The Problem is, that you have to get used to it. So basically the new-my old friend-decision wether you want to play this game or get rid of it, is pretty much based on WHO you meet first, and how he's behaving.

And i'm saying that as an admin - rules sometimes are there to be bent. So just be funny sometimes, without annoying or offending others (too much), and you'll see that more ppl will keep playing this fantastic mod.

We all need to be a bit more casual and friendly and openminded and joking around - except KREMS, cus that's actually what we do - and actually why other serious clans keep degrading us to a troll clan - but actually the fact, why we have lots of new players in our ranks, providing money, equipment, and fellowship for them.

So fuck you big clans! Loosen up!

Kremsclan best clan 2k14,

Fin
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:08:05 pm by Finuad »
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 01:09:31 pm »
+3
Fin, I never saw a new player get called newmy old friend or something. I also think cRPG as absolutely not ban happy (atleast for polls). If you have played crossfire you know what I mean:D

Usually it's even almost a competition between experienced players to type answers to question as first:D I can type 'c-rpg.net' faster than my shadow, even while getting ganked:D

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 01:30:38 pm »
+1
Most clans dont have "big serious requirements for new members"
I see only 2 clans ( in EU )  closed for new players

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 01:53:59 pm »
+1
I have tried my best to give all new players a warm welcome. I have spotted quite a few on eu_3 and i've tried to give them all a good start. I trained them a tiny bit so that they understood the basics, so that they don't get too frustrated with dieing 24/7, but they actually know what to do to stop it.

Also just guided them to the forum guides and such things, since this is indeed not an easy game to start up in. I do like the idea of them starting up at a higher level, since starting at level 1 against veteran players with 30+ levels is quite rough.

Also answering their questions on servers is a great help aswell, instead of trolling them as i see some people do, which is why i always personally answer as many questions as i can see.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 02:01:20 pm »
+6
I have tried my best to give all new players a warm welcome. I have spotted quite a few on eu_3 and i've tried to give them all a good start. I trained them a tiny bit so that they understood the basics, so that they don't get too frustrated with dieing 24/7, but they actually know what to do to stop it.

Also just guided them to the forum guides and such things, since this is indeed not an easy game to start up in. I do like the idea of them starting up at a higher level, since starting at level 1 against veteran players with 30+ levels is quite rough.

Also answering their questions on servers is a great help aswell, instead of trolling them as i see some people do, which is why i always personally answer as many questions as i can see.

Ofcourse keeping the chat full of insults is a good way of showing new players how awesome and friendly cRPG is, good job GTX.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 02:10:32 pm »
+4
The first character of a cRPG account should be a game-imposed STF character.

When the new player learned enough, he can then create a second one which will be his real main.

Too many new players learn about the STF functionality way after they finished their first character, or too late, after they quit, because of the harshness of the game.

Offline Zhyang

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 02:20:25 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:54:23 pm by Zhyang »

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »
+1
Fin, I never saw a new player get called newmy old friend or something. I also think cRPG as absolutely not ban happy (atleast for polls). If you have played crossfire you know what I mean:D

Usually it's even almost a competition between experienced players to type answers to question as first:D I can type 'c-rpg.net' faster than my shadow, even while getting ganked:D

newmy old friend...
I am asian I am strong
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 03:04:24 pm »
Ofcourse keeping the chat full of insults is a good way of showing new players how awesome and friendly cRPG is, good job GTX.
It goes both ways.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 03:14:03 pm »
+1
Tbh I have yet to see something like Fin's example to happen.
Never witnessed such an event. On the contrary - there are always people taking some time during their death to explain things.

Don't create problems where there are none.

And Phase, you overestimate the effect our few trolls - including yourself - have on this community or new players. You're not that important :3
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 03:17:43 pm »
+2
I think one of the biggest problems for new players is the high average skill-level + UNFRIENDLY, IGNORANT, SERIOUS, KILLHUNGRY Players, that are literally running towards peasants to kill them ASA they're in sight. Also, banpolls on completely new players, Insults "l2p..." etc.

I have never really understood the peasantkilling thing. Generally when they are in the field, I make a single random swing on em if they attack me and if the block it I just nudge em out of the way to get to the more valuable enemy team players, before they take my teams valuable players out first and we lose. What the hell is k/d good for anyway?

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 03:19:14 pm »
+1
Tbh I have yet to see something like Fin's example to happen.
Never witnessed such an event. On the contrary - there are always people taking some time during their death to explain things.

Don't create problems where there are none.

And Phase, you overestimate the effect our few trolls - including yourself - have on this community or new players. You're not that important :3

I dont overestimate, im just saying we should be as nice as possible, until they get addicted, we fack them up long time.
I am asian I am strong
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!