Poll

Does Allers deserve to be permabanned for debatably leeching (not trying) because he has a history of bans?

Yes
72 (37.9%)
No
118 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: stand united with allers against bad admins  (Read 27541 times)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: stand united with allers against bad admins
« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2014, 07:31:03 pm »
+1
we claimed you in NA long ago booboo

Good that I knew nothing about that :D

As much as i agree with most people in this thread, i seriously doubt Allers will be unbanned or the admins will ever change. Arguing with c-rpg admins is like arguing with an autistic brick wall covered in semen

To some degree I admire your creativity. At the same time I am somewhat scared by your choice of comparisons.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kooktar

• Java2EE Senior Software Architect
  • Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 08, 2014, 07:41:50 pm »
+7
In response to Oberyn's flourish of activity in the recent pages:

I think what you are failing to realize are the raw facts, you seem to overlook these due to whatever emotions are evoked within yourself when the name 'Allers' is stamped alongside the story.

So I ask you to remove yourself from the heated discussion and look at the simplest building blocks.

For example:

The majority of the NA Admin team has issued a PERMANENT BAN against a cRPG Community Member/player on the grounds of 'Not Trying'.

This has been interpreted as leeching, but based purely off verbage of the defined rule this judgement is incorrect. The player in question was actively moving and fighting for his team, but dying more than he killed.

The problem comes in with that fact that cRPG player X is treated differently than cRPG player Y, this is what we call discrimination. This is a problem.

I propose that all player X's are treated as player Y, or vise versa, so this would either mean Allers would be unbanned OR many, many, many of the faces you see in game today would be issued permanent bans.
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2014, 07:58:59 pm »
+2
I propose that all player X's are treated as player Y, or vise versa, so this would either mean Allers would be unbanned OR many, many, many of the faces you see in game today would be issued permanent bans.

I disagree here to some degree.

The reason the issued punishment was a permanent ban was due to Allers ban history.
So someone who has never broken the rules should not be permanent banned.

But many others should indeed be punished. Whether it would be a warning for everybody who has never done anything wrong, a ban for people who already have broken the rules a few times or whatever. They need to be punished.
Or as you said, Allers has to be unbanned. If he then does something wrong he can be banned again for all I care.

But this way of dealing with only certain people comitting "serious crimes" such as not trying hard enough is not just.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline kooktar

• Java2EE Senior Software Architect
  • Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2014, 08:27:12 pm »
I disagree here to some degree.

The reason the issued punishment was a permanent ban was due to Allers ban history.
So someone who has never broken the rules should not be permanent banned.

But many others should indeed be punished. Whether it would be a warning for everybody who has never done anything wrong, a ban for people who already have broken the rules a few times or whatever. They need to be punished.
Or as you said, Allers has to be unbanned. If he then does something wrong he can be banned again for all I care.

But this way of dealing with only certain people comitting "serious crimes" such as not trying hard enough is not just.

The problem is Canary, in this thread, admitted that the BAN HISTORY is a broken ass system. Basically you have a ban history if you are on the bad side of someone, and those in favor get let off with warnings, another testament to the discrimination that occurs in this community. Warnings, for whatever reason, are not tracked. So in theory players could be in an endless cycle of receiving warnings simply due to the fact that they have a lack of BAN HISTORY.

Real world example:

Player X did not try and was warned 10 times by 10 different admins, a ban was never issued because the admins reviewing each of the ten cases was in whatever mood they felt it not necessary. Player Y did not try and was banned on his first offense because the admin reviewing 'did it live'. Player Y on his 2nd 'not trying' session was then banned again for the same offense AND HE HAD THAT GOOD OL BAN HISTORY so the admin issuing could justify it as, DIDNT LEARN HIS LESSON. Third time around Player Y gets perma banned.

Player X hurt the community ten times. Player Y hurt the community 3 times. Who is the greater evil here? If your argument's foundation relies on the BAN HISTORY, its so full of holes it could basically be called bullshit.

The BAN HISTORY should be done away with period, let alone used as a tool for argumentative purposes.

In the case of Allers if we remove the BAN HISTORY from the equation he was permanently banned for NOT TRYING. Lets think about that. Hmm.

I feel so strongly on this subject because I was the victim of admin abuse, I was essay banned on BS accusations from a community server admin from way back.

*edit* clarified my thoughts after posting
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:51:41 pm by kooktar »
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #379 on: July 08, 2014, 09:05:28 pm »
+2
Canary and co have been padding my record with 2-5 minute bans, so I'm probably next.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 08, 2014, 09:07:14 pm »
+7
Canary and co have been padding my record with 2-5 minute bans, so I'm probably next.

Uh oh, you better give it 110% everytime you play! Feel like getting a bit sloppy? Quickly disconnect before they notice!

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #381 on: July 08, 2014, 10:18:36 pm »
+6
He did get kills sometimes. There are even a few rounds where he gets multiple kills. That doesn't mean that all those consecutive rounds with no kills are not suicide/leeching. Look at how many times he died to falling damage.

Whether or not you think he should be permabanned, that wall of evidence is pretty damning.
Okay, take a wooden stick and peasants clothes, and try to play much better than he did. Play 3 hours at least, and if you will be able to do much more effective (since you will try to do your best, unlike Allers, who were just playing regularly or relaxed), then you are right.

Repeat offenders will be perma-banned. That's why it was implemented, to stop them wasting everyone's time.

How on earth playing with a cheap gear is "offending"? Again, try to take a wooden stick and I'd be glad to see if you will be able not to die that often as Allers did. Do you think it's easy? Look at Fuma, you can't say he is a bad player. He is one of the goddamn pros at EU, and still when he uses his peasant gear and even trying hard, he often finds himself somewhere in the middle of the scoreboard in the best case. Or maybe you'd like to ban me cos I am using an arming cap and heraldic tabard as the main gear and I'm dying from every single missed block 'cos of that? Fine, I wouldn't mind.

Okay, so here I am sincerely admitting that I have around 8-10 bans in the past for various griefing, and also using a cheap gear, sometimes trolling or swearing in chat when I feel myself lazy/angry. Moreover, 90% of my crpg time I am playing kinda carelessly - I listen music, various audiobooks, radio stuff, and do not pay maximum attention to what's happening on my screen. From time to time I just play not serious at all, like running around and hugging my teammates or enemies, nudging, spamming the voice chat, bashing my friends with a fist or a knife, or spamming only overheads with no attempt of blocking, and some "true players" of enemy team can easily catch and kill me in such moments. Sometimes I even falling from the walls when I trying to avoid the enemies (and yea, most time I'm dying from falling as well). I was never managed to reach a positive k/d ratio before the character retirement (I believe my all-time record is 1:1.2) during whole crpg career (almost 2 years of playing the mod). So ban me too if you feel I am any guilty. Cheers!

p.s. By the way, since the beginning of the summer I have a technical difficulties with my PC, so yesterday I was playing crpg on my laptop. It gives me huge freezes and 20-30 fps on lowest settings and 640x480 res, so I ended the siege map with 3/25 k/d ratio (or smthn like that) cos of fps drops, lack of practice and other stuff. And this is it. The fucking EVIDENCE of me ruining balance at the EU2 siege! Take notice that some of my teammates probly lost huge amount of exp because of me. So ban me immediately, there is no forgiveness to me :!:

p.p.s. Honestly I don't know who is Allers at all, since I am playing on NA servers only when I am banned at EU. But anyways, if he would be such big pile of shit like some of you mentioned, so then wait him to do any REAL offense and then give him anything you want. But I just can't get what's offensive in being play relaxed. Oh, look! The enemies raped us and we have lost our x5, but ofc it's a fault of some dude who didn't block properly! Okay, ban him forever for not putting sufficient effort! Wtf, duh? Play the fucking game, mute the guys who spread the shit in chat, kill the guys who do not block, and have your tiny fun, but what for you should act like the holy inquisition? Why u heff to be mad for fuck's sake? :rolleyes:

And finally good job NA admins, as for feeding the lame troll with Korean leader on avatar. He is surely the one, whose requests should be satisfied with maximum precision. Well done!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:33:31 am by Porthos »
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #382 on: July 09, 2014, 03:18:15 am »

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #383 on: July 09, 2014, 03:44:34 am »
+1
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #384 on: July 09, 2014, 06:12:59 am »
+3
lol@autism of this guy

For someone who sucks so much dick, I am having a hard time believing this is so hard for you to swallow. No rules were broken, no ban was needed.

Not only that, but this 'piece of shit troll who gets banned every week' hasn't misbehaved or been banned in over 7 months. That's a decently long time when, according to you anyways, he should have been banned at least 28 times within that time period. Sure he was a dickhead in the past, no doubt about it. As hard as it is for you to grasp, people can change. Maybe he finally had, only to be banned for not giving a shit about his epeen. I don't like this guy at all. Call me a troll all you want, doesn't change anything. Your argument(s) are all baseless and utter nonsense. Just get out and leave any discussions to be done by the NA players and the far more reasonable euros (or adopted-into-NA euros) present in this thread.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:09:15 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #385 on: July 09, 2014, 06:43:22 am »
+1
...Not only that, but this 'piece of shit troll who gets banned every week' hasn't misbehaved or been banned in over 7 months. That's a decently long time when, according to you anyways, he should have been banned at least 48 30 times within that time period...

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #386 on: July 09, 2014, 07:11:00 am »
+1

Haha, whoops. Meant to put 28 (7*4). Although I guess since it IS the beginning of July, it's really only 6 months... meh.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Supreme_Leader

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 09, 2014, 01:19:15 pm »
seriously admins you muted daruvian but you won't mute this fuckwit?

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 09, 2014, 01:28:20 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Can somebody mute this windowlicker please?

Offline Supreme_Leader

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 09, 2014, 02:06:32 pm »
Can somebody mute this windowlicker please?