Poll

Does Allers deserve to be permabanned for debatably leeching (not trying) because he has a history of bans?

Yes
72 (37.9%)
No
118 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: stand united with allers against bad admins  (Read 27539 times)

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
Re: stand united with allers against bad admins
« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2014, 09:37:35 pm »
+3
Auto-balance can't compensate for leechers. This is NOT a victimless crime.
please start cutting
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2014, 09:38:15 pm »
+2
This thread is like some satire on why you should never talk to police, since anything you say can and will be used against you.

Allers gave a shit enough to actually post on a videogame forum trying to defend himself from accusations of leeching, and the end result was "NA Official Admins" cherry picking his quotes to crucify him with them as "damning evidence" because he isn't some Spergalese Internet Lawyer who knows how to make unincriminating posts.

Also the absurdity of the justification being a players Percieved State of Mind while playing. That his indifference to speed or means of death was grounds to ban. By that definition, someone who runs away forever from all enemies while thinking "I'll win somehow" is playing the game as intended. But that player is clearly not contributing.

Leeching is not contributing by rule definition here. Allers inflicted damage on enemy players, weaking them up and probably getting kills, while wearing peasant crap that is a low weight in the Auto Balance algorithm. So if anything he was, most likely, contributing far more to his team by landing several hits per round, then most of his teammates, who are all weighted according to webpage KD and gear rating for auto balancing.

His actions were contributing, even if he felt like he wasn't. Even if he said he wasn't, rules of in-game behavior are based on the actions of players, not their posts on the forums.

So if you want to view this issue, with no personality, bias, or presumptions, merely as an Autistic Rule Definer/Enforcer, Allers was, by all measures, contributing to his team. Thus, all statements made by Allers under threat of permaban internet duress, are inadmissible as evidence, and the ban by reason of "leeching" should be removed immediately.

I really, really enjoy the use of capitalization of certain words to make it seem like a transcendent sort of proper noun, almost a religious tenant or something. It's the best thing ever and I wish I could use that in real life.

Auto-balance can't compensate for leechers. This is NOT a victimless crime.

I've been told by people more knowledgeable than myself that autobalance works upon the score of the previous map, or the first round. Maybe they're wrong, but at that point, the autobalance WOULD take into account someone running in and getting 4-5 points each round by being braver than everyone else.

Also, lol@implying that autobalance takes anything into account besides banners ajajajajajajajajajaja

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2014, 09:49:22 pm »
+4
This is a good time to mention Spookisland also got permabanned for pretty much no reason. The corruption of admins has been happening for a long time, remember the names, Allers, Spookisland, FF_Georgewashington, a_bear_irl. Though their bodies are broken, their spirit lives on within us.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2014, 09:57:01 pm »
+6
This is a good time to mention Spookisland also got permabanned for pretty much no reason. The corruption of admins has been happening for a long time, remember the names, Allers, Spookisland, FF_Georgewashington, a_bear_irl. Though their bodies are broken, their spirit lives on within us.

What's funny is I endlessly argued with brick walls to not permaban Spook or George Washington because its a slippery slope to kill the community, and they didn't even do shit wrong except troll the chat. It makes the mod look uninviting and awful to casual players, and its just a total dick move to any long time player with lots of looms and levels unless they were hacking or autoblocking or whatever.

I tried coaching Spook before his unban essay to get him back on the servers and while he appreciated my advice, said he would "do it his own way" and promptly wrote an essay on How to Go Fuck Oneself for the rest of the admins to read and follow, and ofc stayed banned.

Admins somewhere along the line got obsessed with the Power of Permabans, the most corruptible of internet forces. And what might do we have, to contend with such unjust, vile strength? For here on the official servers, we have been rendered powerless.

"It's better to burn out, than 2 fade away.." - Spook Island 2011-2013
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2014, 10:11:22 pm »
ajajajajajajajajajaja

Please don't......this makes me think of my hardships in Dota of being American in a US East server full of this.....

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2014, 10:34:04 pm »
+7
Quote from: Anders
When were these taken? Between 10-11 PM EST I was on siege wit him and he was doing damn good.(125-45 on siege)

Course this was a full 5 round conquest and I only played 2 rounds.

He uses leather armor etc, a cheap round shield(cav shield I believe) and some spammy fucking stab 1h.

I said it in the thread, I'll say it again now.  Allers was playing very hard during this. Also, when the thread was put up, I was with allers at that moment in siege, and he was roflstomping everyone.(which is when the "SSes" were taken according to the original poster)

If said ban thread was correct then he should have been "leeching" at that point in time. He wasn't and before hand, my clan mate was complaining about how good he was(not knowing it was allers) and he was kicking ass  on siege.

If you're going to use somebodies evidence, why disregard someone who actually was a witness? Guess only taking the witness when it's beneficial eh?

Anyways, that's all I'll say on the matter, hopefully.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2014, 10:41:51 pm »
+6
I said it in the thread, I'll say it again now.  Allers was playing very hard during this. Also, when the thread was put up, I was with allers at that moment in siege, and he was roflstomping everyone.(which is when the "SSes" were taken according to the original poster)

If said ban thread was correct then he should have been "leeching" at that point in time. He wasn't and before hand, my clan mate was complaining about how good he was(not knowing it was allers) and he was kicking ass  on siege.

If you're going to use somebodies evidence, why disregard someone who actually was a witness? Guess only taking the witness when it's beneficial eh?

Anyways, that's all I'll say on the matter, hopefully.

Ok well this thread has reached Peak Sperg and is now imploding in on itself. Anders, the Ban Request King has now posted eyewitness testimony AGAINST a ban request forum troll, asserting the defendant's innocence.

What say you, Canary?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2014, 12:54:26 am »
3. NA_1, 1:20PM on 6/14, and 1:00AM on 6/15, PDT

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2014, 01:17:38 am »
I stand corrected.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:47:47 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2014, 01:22:35 am »
4 AM EST

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 04, 2014, 11:32:38 pm »
bear just needs to write an essay but he's a lazy fuck so yeah.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2014, 11:37:14 pm »
+4
Well canary. I honestly thought that the NA admins were doing a good job on every occasion up until now. Allers has been banned permanently in a community were 2/3 of the people think the should not be banned and 1/3 thinks he should while apparently "almost all of the admins agreed" that he should be banned. This is not exactly what I would call doing something without bias. When everybody making the decisions either have no backbone to speak out or has the same thought it is going to be just like fox news.

I also thought that you were doing a good job in handling the case of Allers in terms of after the unban thread up until now. It does not help the situation to suddenly become silent in the middle of a discussion.

(click to show/hide)
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2014, 11:49:06 pm »
+2
Some of the logs were looked through. It might not hurt to post it.

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #238 on: July 05, 2014, 01:51:53 am »
remove all chaos

we revolution now

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 05, 2014, 01:55:08 am »
+2
A simple grep on stratigos for June June 14-19 on 'Stratigos'. Lines that were manually added are in bold. Edited to include Winstona's reports and June 16-18

First name is the person that was killed. Trying or not, this amount of grinding looks like torture to me.

Edit: June 17th was a copy of 16 by mistake. Took out bolds since I didn't want to emphasize those that much.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:07:34 am by San »