Poll

Does Allers deserve to be permabanned for debatably leeching (not trying) because he has a history of bans?

Yes
72 (37.9%)
No
118 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: stand united with allers against bad admins  (Read 27568 times)

Offline kooktar

• Java2EE Senior Software Architect
  • Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
Re: stand united with allers against bad admins
« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2014, 06:15:59 pm »
Ban is dumb.

I spend most of my lower levels as a peasant on various chars sprinting round the edge of the map sight seeing, avoiding conflict and charging in when theres only a few players left. By this standard I should have been banned long ago.

Now that the precedence is set, it is a  perma ban.  But fret not, I will stand up for you also, but our voices will not be heard.
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #211 on: July 03, 2014, 06:51:08 pm »
you're still not answering the questions of half the community:

1. if allers gets banned for this why has half the community not been warned/banned for running in, swinging, then dyeing without blocking once?

2. Why does it seem like you keep brining up his track record instead of what he did.

I think the contention here is over whether or not playing recklessly is okay. It is. What allers specifically said about it was that he was "choosing to die by them hitting me" and "I don't feel like trying", which indicates he wasn't really making an attempt to actually play the game, even if he was at his keyboard and moving around. There's a difference between playing recklessly, playing with low quality gear, and not attempting to try.

People are making a very big issue about his being banned "only because of" his track record. That might be halfway true: Another player may have only received a warning for doing the same thing, or a shorter duration ban.

The thing about this ban is that it was not overturned into an unban. Unbans are ment for people who were banned and would like to make a case for themselves to the admins as to why they were unbanned. In the unban thread there were multiple people who said that they had seen him swinging and attempting to do damage to the other team. At the end of the thread (when it was locked) the above quote was posted and it was quite frustrating. Yes, the exact definition  of suicide leeching is running at the enemy with no intent of fighting, however, multiple people had said he had not done so and he nowhere in the quote you posted said he had no intention of swinging nor had given the hint. In the quote from allers that you posted he had said he had no intent on blocking.

Much of what he said in the unban request didn't dispel the notions he'd put forth in the post he made in the initial ban thread. Of the other people who spoke up, yours was, in fact, the only testimony in the unban thread that specified that you were present during the actual incident in question (and not "when he does this kind of thing" or something equally as specious).

Now that the precedence is set, it is a  perma ban.  But fret not, I will stand up for you also, but our voices will not be heard.

Taking it out of proportion. If you aren't a multiple offender you won't be permanent banned for anything short of autoblocking or another major exploit.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 03, 2014, 06:54:37 pm »
Better to try and share my perspective than to say nothing and leave people hanging.

You might as well ask "why ban anyone in the first place?" If someone gets punished multiple times, especially if it's for the same thing, and punishment doesn't escalate (or, theoretically, isn't issued in the first place) then we're essentially allowing someone we know is going to break the rules continue to do so unhindered. It's not a flawless system, of course, because of oversights and kicks and warnings not being recorded. Ban history is primarily taken into account when considering the duration of a punishment. Conversely, if whatever "crime" is very grievous, a long ban may be given to a first time offender. Similarly, if someone is doing something that isn't okay but is relatively mild and doesn't normally net anyone a ban they may only be given a warning (or mute or kick) even if they do have a history of bans (with exceptions: see below).

In the case of allers, it was concluded that he broke the rule he was accused of breaking. His ban history came to bear on the permanence of his ban, since he's had multiple accounts permbanned already and has already received an essay ban - after an incident where one of his accounts was permbanned for exploiting QML on an empty server. After all of this, a smaller punishment could not have been considered with respect to the way permbans are handled. It wouldn't have been fair to the other people who have received permanent bans.
quit dodging questions and answer jack
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 03, 2014, 06:55:13 pm »
pretty sure you can only get banned for suicide leeching or no weapon.. he said he didnt feel like blocking and any admin that doesnt like him hopped all over that. if the admin(s) that banned him played enough they'd know blocking really IS over rated and footwork prevails over that shit any day. banned for not being a brown nosing fa ggot, gf allers i see you..

Wuts this sieg héil stuff?

Offline DaruviansUnmutedAccount

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 03, 2014, 07:02:10 pm »
+2
Canary come on, are you implying that theres anyone in this community who hasnt roughly done what Allers did while levelling up? Level 10 people do that shit day in and day out. It's a fucking video game there was no victim to his crime.

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #215 on: July 03, 2014, 07:05:11 pm »
+2
its a sign of the OPPRESSED
#freeallerssummer14

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2014, 07:08:14 pm »
its a sign of the OPPRESSED
#freeallerssummer14

Come and play Maeday 2 instead

Offline kooktar

• Java2EE Senior Software Architect
  • Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2014, 07:32:16 pm »
+3
What allers specifically said about it was that he was "choosing to die by them hitting me" and "I don't feel like trying", which indicates he wasn't really making an attempt to actually play the game, even if he was at his keyboard and moving around. There's a difference between playing recklessly, playing with low quality gear, and not attempting to try.

I don't see how you can sit there, with a straight internet face, and publicly say this as an official response for the NA Admin team. What a fucking joke. So on the hearsay of a ban thread author, and the free willed, innocent, unsuspected self incrimination testimony of the accused, allers was permanently banned from the community for 'not trying' whilst owning a fraudulent ridden, broken-ass-system tracking, biased 'ban history'.
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline DaruviansUnmutedAccount

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 03, 2014, 07:36:48 pm »
+2
excuse me brothers can we please all downvote canary here

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #219 on: July 03, 2014, 07:37:48 pm »
+1
free allers

sweet jesus its at the top of the page

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline SerButts

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BumTickley, SerButts
« Reply #220 on: July 03, 2014, 07:47:15 pm »
+1
this is a cool thread

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #221 on: July 03, 2014, 07:51:17 pm »
+4
I think the contention here is over whether or not playing recklessly is okay. It is. What allers specifically said about it was that he was "choosing to die by them hitting me" and "I don't feel like trying", which indicates he wasn't really making an attempt to actually play the game, even if he was at his keyboard and moving around. There's a difference between playing recklessly, playing with low quality gear, and not attempting to try.

I understand that he was not playing the game as you think it should be played, but still, there are plenty of people whom suicide and alt tab to something else. Internet explorer is almost proud of the fact that it is all he does.

Allers was banned for "suicide leeching" and as ganner posted the description in the unban thread:

That is the very definition of suicide leeching. Running at the enemy with no intent on fighting.

by that description as long as you swing you are OK. I also understand that that it can still be thought of as suicide leeching if you just swing and die, but, he was not just swinging recklessly, he was aiming for his enemies. He was attemting to try, just not hard enough to appease winstona.

People are making a very big issue about his being banned "only because of" his track record. That might be halfway true: Another player may have only received a warning for doing the same thing, or a shorter duration ban.

If you look at the attitude posted in my quote from eyebeat it sounded as if the admin team didn't even want to give him a fair trial because of his track record.

Allers has been given more chances than anyone.  Seriously doubt this will get over turned. 

Much of what he said in the unban request didn't dispel the notions he'd put forth in the post he made in the initial ban thread. Of the other people who spoke up, yours was, in fact, the only testimony in the unban thread that specified that you were present during the actual incident in question (and not "when he does this kind of thing" or something equally as specious).

quotes from other people in the thread stating they witnessed allers playing:
(click to show/hide)
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 03, 2014, 09:22:12 pm »
+4
If Allers was "not trying", there has NEVER been a rule that you have to try your hardest, as long as he was actually swinging his weapon there should be no reason he was banned.  What sort of autistic game is this now, where every time you have to play you need to go drink 6cans of MTN Dew and take your adderall to get INTO THE ZONE so you don't accidently play worse than usual and get banned, I can see it now, next time I log online-

WHATS THIS BADPLAYER? UR KDR IS ONLY 2:1 THIS MAP...

LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED TO BE BANNED FOR NOT TRYING
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:25:34 pm by imisshotmail »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 03, 2014, 09:34:05 pm »
+11
This thread is like some satire on why you should never talk to police, since anything you say can and will be used against you.

Allers gave a shit enough to actually post on a videogame forum trying to defend himself from accusations of leeching, and the end result was "NA Official Admins" cherry picking his quotes to crucify him with them as "damning evidence" because he isn't some Spergalese Internet Lawyer who knows how to make unincriminating posts.

Also the absurdity of the justification being a players Percieved State of Mind while playing. That his indifference to speed or means of death was grounds to ban. By that definition, someone who runs away forever from all enemies while thinking "I'll win somehow" is playing the game as intended. But that player is clearly not contributing.

Leeching is not contributing by rule definition here. Allers inflicted damage on enemy players, weaking them up and probably getting kills, while wearing peasant crap that is a low weight in the Auto Balance algorithm. So if anything he was, most likely, contributing far more to his team by landing several hits per round, then most of his teammates, who are all weighted according to webpage KD and gear rating for auto balancing.

His actions were contributing, even if he felt like he wasn't. Even if he said he wasn't, rules of in-game behavior are based on the actions of players, not their posts on the forums.

So if you want to view this issue, with no personality, bias, or presumptions, merely as an Autistic Rule Definer/Enforcer, Allers was, by all measures, contributing to his team. Thus, all statements made by Allers under threat of permaban internet duress, are inadmissible as evidence, and the ban by reason of "leeching" should be removed immediately.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Supreme_Leader

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 03, 2014, 09:36:10 pm »