Poll

Does Allers deserve to be permabanned for debatably leeching (not trying) because he has a history of bans?

Yes
72 (37.9%)
No
118 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: stand united with allers against bad admins  (Read 27557 times)

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
Re: stand united with allers against bad admins
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2014, 07:44:59 pm »
Powertrip Abuseland Fun Park

10/10 more fun than crpg
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2014, 07:45:53 pm »
+5
http://forum.melee.org/closed-requests/(ban)-smoothrich/

What other Admin would be so unostentatious as to admit his own mistakes? and proceed to punish himself for those?

Everybody makes mistakes, but what truly separates good men from others is the ability to own up to your mistakes, and live with the consequences.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:49:24 pm by imisshotmail »

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2014, 07:54:05 pm »
So San positively thinks one thing, but when someone does something that directly contradicts his view, he just lie down and accepts it because reasons.  #bitchmade #spineless

It came down to the majority of admins agreeing that the ban was justified. Bans aren't a first come first served ticket to Powertrip Abuseland Fun Park. The ban thread for Allers remained open for a while as the situation was discussed.

So every ban gets a "debate?"  An admin couldn't see the thread and just issued a 5 day ban right then and nipped it in the bud?  Also lol @ the idea of a debate between the like 5 active admins who were all appointed by the same person meaning anything.  Especially when the chief prosecutor is a fat piece of shit star wars nerd who's had a hardon to ban Allers forever. 

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2014, 08:14:42 pm »
+4
There is no current consensus on the X-strikes and you're out policy.  I've seen new admins get very heavy handed about 3rd time bans, for players who have played for 3 years, threatening essay bans next.  I've also seen admins who are part of this conglomerate of clans super pact, who have gone very lenient on people on their 7th bans and give them 12 or 24 hour bans.  In all honesty its complete bullshit, and the "use common sense" rule needs to go.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2014, 08:31:07 pm »
+3
There is no current consensus on the X-strikes and you're out policy.  I've seen new admins get very heavy handed about 3rd time bans, for players who have played for 3 years, threatening essay bans next.  I've also seen admins who are part of this conglomerate of clans super pact, who have gone very lenient on people on their 7th bans and give them 12 or 24 hour bans.  In all honesty its complete bullshit, and the "use common sense" rule needs to go.

No. The admins need to go. All of them. Replaced with a new system, one free from the failures of the whimsy of spergs.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2014, 08:39:13 pm »
Nothing but stupid, mouth breathing, troglodyte, nasal nerds in this game pretty much.

Cunt deserved to get banned. There's a fine line between having fun and fucking around, as apposed to being a stupid dork troll, that day in and day out is just a little annoying wierdo. It's not about admins being biased or abusing power (which I'm not saying there isn't some of those out there), but it's also about people just acting like an ass in this game 24/7. People just push it too far by breaking/bending rules and trying to find some stupid loophole and think it's ok to do it. If for maybe one day you would just stop acting like a fucking 15 year old 4chan member, maybe admins wouldn't have to put up with so much shit and be forced to do things like this.

(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2014, 08:50:13 pm »
+1
No. The admins need to go. All of them. Replaced with a new system, one free from the failures of the whimsy of spergs.

Poll Ban: The Reckoning. Coming to theaters summer 2014.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2014, 09:12:43 pm »
Nothing but stupid, mouth breathing, troglodyte, nasal nerds in this game pretty much.

Cunt deserved to get banned. There's a fine line between having fun and fucking around, as apposed to being a stupid dork troll, that day in and day out is just a little annoying wierdo...

You mean the ones who get butthurt about this kind of stuff and take this game way too seriously? Might wanna take a good long look in the mirror, buddy. Banning a long time member for essentially "well he's also been annoying for a while" is bullshit and this isn't the first time this has happened to someone here.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2014, 09:24:19 pm »
You mean the ones who get butthurt about this kind of stuff and take this game way too seriously? Might wanna take a good long look in the mirror, buddy. Banning a long time member for essentially "well he's also been annoying for a while" is bullshit and this isn't the first time this has happened to someone here.

If you think I take this game seriously, or any game at that, then you can just stop now lol. This long time member you are talking about has been banned multiple times, and nothing has changed. Walking into a fight and not doing a thing (suicide leeching) is not just "annoying" but is breaking the rules. It's leeching. That's the real bullshit, when you try and make an excuse that it's not leeching. Leeching doesn't mean you are just standing still afk at spawn. If you have done nothing in the round, or don't contribute to anything, or running in and dying on purpose, that is leeching. It's different if you are doing some stupid or ridiculous build for fun and can't get many kills, for example a lot of riding and shield skill with no power strike or anything, running around on a plated charger just dieseling people over, that is funny. Even if you don't get a lot of points or kills. At least you are doing something, whether it's carrying the team or just that charger bullshit, it's doing something. Running in and dying is pointless.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2014, 09:28:24 pm »
+5
If you think I take this game seriously, or any game at that, then you can just stop now lol. This long time member you are talking about has been banned multiple times, and nothing has changed. Walking into a fight and not doing a thing (suicide leeching) is not just "annoying" but is breaking the rules. It's leeching. That's the real bullshit, when you try and make an excuse that it's not leeching. Leeching doesn't mean you are just standing still afk at spawn. If you have done nothing in the round, or don't contribute to anything, or running in and dying on purpose, that is leeching. It's different if you are doing some stupid or ridiculous build for fun and can't get many kills, for example a lot of riding and shield skill with no power strike or anything, running around on a plated charger just dieseling people over, that is funny. Even if you don't get a lot of points or kills. At least you are doing something, whether it's carrying the team or just that charger bullshit, it's doing something. Running in and dying is pointless.

But he didn't suicide leech. He ran in and swung wildly, often hitting 1 or more people and causing a teamwound or two. He didn't go straight chinaman hold W and open the chatbox or program a small script/macro to run in and die.

Playing recklessly with wild abandon is not against the rules. His intent was to die quickly, yes. His intent was not to die quickly while accomplishing absolutely nothing. I saw what he was doing many times, and he'd frequently take me down to 3/4 HP with a stick or dagger, me being in full plate with heaps of strength.

He was banned simply because he has been banned before and has caused grief for the admins in the past, which is unjust.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2014, 09:34:27 pm »
+3
He didn't go straight chinaman hold W and open the chatbox o

.....I hereby stand down from this trial. Mercy please.

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2014, 09:48:00 pm »
+13

Cunt deserved to get banned. There's a fine line between having fun and fucking around, as apposed to being a stupid dork troll, that day in and day out is just a little annoying wierdo. It's not about admins being biased or abusing power (which I'm not saying there isn't some of those out there), but it's also about people just acting like an ass in this game 24/7. People just push it too far by breaking/bending rules and trying to find some stupid loophole and think it's ok to do it. If for maybe one day you would just stop acting like a fucking 15 year old 4chan member, maybe admins wouldn't have to put up with so much shit and be forced to do things like this.

(click to show/hide)

These type of people share the same teamspeak with the admins. It's like they've been getting admin-ear-fucked for so long the autistic DNA is spilling onto their keyboards.

By your words someone like Testi is a "cunt stupid dork troll" who should be perma-banned (if he ever decides to play after his military service a). Is this how admins and a certain part of the community stand? Ditch this horseshit.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2014, 09:49:42 pm »
+2
These type of people share the same teamspeak with the admins. It's like they've been getting admin-ear-fucked for so long the autistic DNA is spilling onto their keyboards.

By your words someone like Testi is a "cunt stupid dork troll" who should be perma-banned (if he ever decides to play after his military service a). Is this how admins and a certain part of the community stand? Ditch this horseshit.

i love you DJ

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2014, 09:56:35 pm »

Lol most of the admins chill in their own corner of ts, and ironically dislike a lot of people in the same ts. Just because we are in the same ts doesn't mean it's some giant Illuminati conspiracy stone masons bullshit. For example. Dracul is in the same ts. They are pretty much by themselves everyday. They don't really venture out of their channel and nobody really goes in there. Why? I couldn't tell you, but regardless they share the same ts. The same goes for every other community in the ts. Everyone for a good part keeps to their own clan/group of friends. Yes Testi has leeched a number of times, but he still does something. Like I said with even if it's a stupid build and gear, at least he's doing something. I've seen him wreck a numerous people with a high STR/PS build with his stick or a practice sword or something ridiculous. He has been kicked and punished plenty of times for whatever action he makes of leeching or teamwounding, even if it's for fun, and he accepts it, because he knew he might have been in the wrong. It's not like he is getting a get out of jail and pass go card.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:00:57 pm by Tom Cruise »

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2014, 10:07:02 pm »
It doesn't matter what you, or I, or anyone says Tom. It's quite obvious that players will band together to defend someone, even though it's extremely clear the player was in the wrong. The question really isn't whether or not Allers deserved punishment--because he did. The severity of the punishment is what I, and others do not understand--though the means to find out why it was so severe have been very crude.

You can't have an opinion in this thread that doesn't share popular opinion, or you get accused of being a tool, brown-noser, douchebag, or whatnot. Well pardon the fuck out of me. "Stand United with Allers" is a title that suggests Allers was in the right. He wasn't. Revisit the ban threads and see what was said, and what he said, you honestly can't sit here and skirt around the issue to make it sound like he wasn't doing -something- wrong.

Now, was he unfairly punished? Possibly. But that's not for me, or this community to decide--admins weighed in, and admins gave their verdict. I'm so tired of seeing people I respect such as Daruvian, Havelle, Sauce, and a lot of you others just fall prey to this issue. Much the same as people blindly defending Huey back in the day (though Huey was much cooler than Allers), it just doesn't make sense.

Bring on more down votes, by all means. Simply expressing my opinion, and NOT standing united with you fucking dimwits.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.