Poll

Does Allers deserve to be permabanned for debatably leeching (not trying) because he has a history of bans?

Yes
72 (37.9%)
No
118 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: stand united with allers against bad admins  (Read 27572 times)

Offline Sir_Wonka

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Free Sloths of Calradia
  • Game nicks: EggoWaffle_The_Sloth
Re: stand united with allers against bad admins
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2014, 08:27:27 am »
If we are going to toss around bans on shit for evidence, let's ban Eyebeat for auto blocking with that Frisbee he calls a shield
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Supreme_Leader

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2014, 09:22:05 am »
I mean who was so offended by what Allers did that they don't want Allers back ever again. except the idiot who posted the thread?

mirey pls no bully

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2014, 09:25:21 am »
+9
If you are going to ban allers why don't you ban james of acre? He runs in all the time and does not block.

This is honestly my preferred playstyle in many Strategus battles because you get so many kills and cause tons of chaos, and time spent blocking isn't time spent swinging. Then get to respawn and do it again, because there is no value to a meaningless internet respawn ticket life. Unless you are currently an NA cRPG admin, who all apparently are in unanimous agreement over the permaban with no objections. Then there is no life more valuable to them than that precious precious ticket, probably because they don't have a life of their own.

So you better hold on to that ticket with all you got. Cuz even for a single round you think "oh who cares if I die early? I'm going to fuck some enemies up first! Videogames are awesome!" the fat man Gan will ban you. And every other cd key you ever buy for the rest of his expectedly short life. Why? I don't know. Probably because he is, if going by voice alone, the second or third fattest player in cRPG history, a close runner up to Kesh and Kesh's "girlfriend." The decision making aptitude behind this and any other of Ganner's admin decisions is the same level of mental clarity and virtue that leads to any man thinking its a good idea to shove so much food in his mouth on a daily basis that he turns into an amorphous, androgynous blob of grease and oils, spilling over his magic cards and My Little Pony dvd collection with each keyboard stroke in the NA Admin Forums going "heh.. i made all the tweens and noobs and trolls so mad after permabanning Dracul superstar/junior prom king Allers.. that'll teach them for calling me Fat Man Gan all through junior high!" which immediately receives rapturous unanimous praise from every active NA cRPG Admin as the ban is finalized, and now the community is much better off. One less worthless Highest Elo Bracket leecher trying to make gold in MY "Turn a good game into some washed up derelict Christian-gaming server that anyone who talks in chat without saying SIR YES SIR to the admins is immediately banned" styled circlejerk Simulator.

At this point, the official servers are run worse than ATS servers ever were. Its not even close. At least ATS people were blatant abusing trolls who congratulated each other over their reign of terror. The really sad thing is that all of these "Official NA Admins" think anyone complaining in this thread is just trolling and cannot even comprehend how or why the crap they did and are defending it with sounds like outright insane autism to any regular player of any videogame. Like, it actually sucks that you can get permanently banned from this unique and still sometimes fun game that all of us have been playing for years, because some insane cabal of inactive autists have consolidated all admin power, a coup that was complete once Canary manipulated stupid internet events to get Shik (a normal person) kicked out of the cRPG dev club and take his position as Head Admin. Seriously, when I was admin almost all I did was argue with other admins who wanted to permaban dozens of people they didn't like, for no reason, because "they will just cause trouble again, and called me a my old friend once."  The circle jerking over having to teach people lessons for disrespecting "the rules" (aka the admins ego) was insane and pathetic.

And now that all admins that were actually pretty chill and reasonable and just wanted teamkilling or racist chat spam off the servers were removed or quit one by one, the videogame world that these limited-functioning aspergers drones want to imagine themselves living in will come to life. And trust me. Not one of you want to live in that world. Or even play a videogame for 10 minutes a day in it. Because if you do, you will be permabanned. If you complain, you too will be permabanned. And those of you who kept silent? Well good job, you'll just be the last ones to be permabanned for playing in the wrong way. Then their medieval roleplaying fantasy cyber fucking sex server domain or whatever the fuck they think we should be doing will be complete.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:59:10 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2014, 10:36:39 am »
+4
Good job moving the goalposts, San.  You're shaping up to be an excellent shitmin.  People didn't post in the original thread because it was a total non-issue posted by a shitty "troll" (being generous here).  And when the admin team demonstrated their extreme incompetence by permabanning Allers, plenty of people posted in the unban thread until it was locked by...Ganner. 

Instead of hemming and hawing like the bitchmade fĂ„ggot your post makes you out to be, why don't you just answer a question straight up: do you think Allers should have been permanently banned for this? 

I don't like permabans personally, so no. I prefer ban times separated by type with variability based on how many/what kind of bans they had in recent months. I pretty much posted what happened, and Allers' post was quoted multiple times with mentions of previous warnings. The ban thread didn't have much damning evidence imo until Allers incriminated himself, validating what the OP suggested. My post in the admin thread is similar to the sentiments displayed previously:

And here I was just going to give him a normal ban but too lazy to do it at that moment. Do what you must.

Edit: Personally, I think the camel has a few more straws before the back is broken, but I'm not really aware of everything he has done in the past.

That was in regards to the thread not being handled yet and a response to other admins. Edit was made 13 mins later. Suicide leeching is a touchy subject in general that I didn't want to deal with, but since nothing was being done and did feel a line was crossed at some point, would've just ended it with a normal timed ban. Was thinking about what to do until those posts came and acquiesced since I didn't really know much about the previous bans and how much trouble they caused.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2014, 10:50:41 am »
+4
If you ban Allers for running it, not bothering to block then spectate a Druzhina Strategus battle once please.

My theory is that Putin does not allow mice with two buttons because they are too capitalistic or something so all Druzhina players can do is spam left mouse button (In their case the only button they have)

Nah in all seriousness, they have some very skilled players, but if you really wanna perm ban someone for doing that then you have to ban maaany more players form almost every clan.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2014, 12:29:37 pm »
+6
San you seem reasonable enough.  His previous long term ban was from insulting Canary on steam.  So Canary banned him for five months while refusing to reply to any admin or Allers about it because he's too withdrawn of a person to handle any conflict.  Every admin on the board wanted Allers permabanned because he doesn't take the game seriously enough for their bizarre irrational sperg code and has probably called them shit players and admins in the past.

Any weird theory crafting of stretching rules to justify a permaban is people literally being insane with self justification neuroses with no one reasonable stepping up.  You saw it as all wrong and rushed and that you weren't knowledgeable enough to contribute because it was wrong and extremely biased petty abuse by admins in an out of touch self reinforcing circle jerk that has systemically wiped out reason or dissent over the years.

You aren't lacking information you are lacking years of becoming mad and corrupt with Internet power that leaves small mod servers like ours abandoned wastelands but for a few disturbed admins and players who think the 'community' is theirs alone. Their precious.

If you ban Allers for running it, not bothering to block then spectate a Druzhina Strategus battle once please.

The "rule" was a cherry picked excuse and opportunity Ganner saw, and immediately grabbed, to make someone on the internet's life a little worse in order to make him feel a little better about himself. Nothing else.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:53:55 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2014, 04:55:30 pm »
+3
mirey pls no bully

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Sloths
  • Game nicks: Packer_The_Sloth Brotherman_Bill Bo_Bo_The_Sloth_Templar_Hobo
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2014, 05:21:06 pm »
+4
CRPG old rules was as long as you have a weapon in your hands it is not leeching and there for you can not be banned for it so this is admin abuse to the max but since chadz has left to make melee battlegrounds admins seem to be getting worse. also this is a message for chadz or anyone who is apart of the Melee Battleground dev team, how do you expect us to support your new game and maybe even buy it if your admins cant keep a mod running right. if you want to make a game of your own stand alone game you need more rules for you admins to follow and make them follow it. my ramble is over  :wink:

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2014, 06:19:27 pm »
Man, I wonder how many new players will get banned because they just don't know any better than to run in and swing away, not even realizing that blocking is apparently mandatory.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2014, 06:42:03 pm »
+1
I don't like permabans personally, so no.

So at least one Admin, and I'd guess a few more, actually think Allers shouldn't have been permanently banned.  So does it just come down to luck of the draw?  I mean if someone besides Ganner saw the banthread first and decided to act upon it right then and issue a 5 day ban or whatever, this wouldn't even be an issue.  It's ridiculous and that there can be such a huge discrepancy between admin opinions and the determining factor be chance. 

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2014, 06:43:02 pm »
Honestly someone should get CMP or chadz to actually read this thread if anyone can do that and then see what comes of it.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2014, 07:15:29 pm »
+2
Whatever your bait is, I trust the decisions of the multiple people who understood the situation better than me. An admin that has to ban someone many times over 3 years would have a different opinion than dealing with someone for the first time. If the guy had so many second chances, it's understandable that a person who was banned so many times let alone permabanned like 3 times knows that he's pretty much on thin ice. I was clear with my own stance.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2014, 07:25:45 pm »
So at least one Admin, and I'd guess a few more, actually think Allers shouldn't have been permanently banned.  So does it just come down to luck of the draw?

It came down to the majority of admins agreeing that the ban was justified. Bans aren't a first come first served ticket to Powertrip Abuseland Fun Park. The ban thread for Allers remained open for a while as the situation was discussed.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2014, 07:30:26 pm »
+9
Whatever your bait is, I trust the decisions of the multiple people who misunderstood the situation better than me.

ftfy

Besides, since when the fuck did cRPG have an x-strikes and you're out legal system? Which doesn't fucking work and is moronic IRL. Only our shitty commercialized legal/prison system in America really has touted that idiocy.

The only way of looking at this scenario logically is to boil it down to its simplest most concise thoughts. All this conflation is just confounding, irrelevant misinformation.

Does Allers deserve to have his account permanently banned for this specific action in question? Were his actions even illegal? Would I be banned if I did that? Would Tydeus, San, Canary, or any generally well-regarded player be banned for this (not to imply each of those three players is well regarded)? Finally, even if we assume this action really is a minor offense how the fuck do you pathetically stretch it this far as a justification to PERMANENTLY BAN someone?

It's utter fucking nonsense, San.

edit: the typos were out of control
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:36:07 pm by GOBBLIN KING GREAT LEADER »

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2014, 07:43:34 pm »
+11
Whenever someone brings up things like "track record" it is 100% of the time just an excuse to abuse your powers on someone who didn't break any rules at this point but has done before.

The admins in cRPG are actually atrocious and hugely biased, which I know from personal experience of at one point being friends with 80%+ of the NA admins. When I was, I was literally never banned by an admin, even when committing offences in front of them which we would just laugh about instead of me being banned. The only admin who ever banned me was Smoothrich, because he is just and unbiased. Purge all admins that are currently in NA cRPG and promote Smoothrich to Head Admin, and give him the pick of who to appoint as his fellow admins.