Author Topic: Nova Reyvadin Trade Restrictions  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Nova Reyvadin Trade Restrictions
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 05:48:13 pm »
Balikar you don't need to dramatize.  Just ask AoW for passage and they will let you through unless you are acre or astralis.  Thats most of the players in this game not in those factions and ALL the independent traders (who were the ones complaining about free trade).
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 06:13:11 pm »
Balikar you don't need to dramatize.  Just ask AoW for passage and they will let you through unless you are acre or astralis.  Thats most of the players in this game not in those factions and ALL the independent traders (who were the ones complaining about free trade).

You think I'm dramatizing?  Pull off the blinders.

1)  Independent Traders - In my opinion, and I believe the general consensus... an independent trader would be a white dot.  Without a faction.  Majority of white dots on the map don't move.  They are inactive.  Those that are active will often have a small army, and thus don't care about aquiring gear/armies worth noting.  They also tend to carry limited goods.  Trades in small numbers can often happen without any notice from anyone.

2)  Small factions:  I'm actually very active on the map. It's very rare that I see a small faction member, unless their faction has a fief.  Then I typically only see them around their fief. I would love to see more small factions get involved, and find a home, but let's be honest here Kesh... it takes a long time to build an army.  Given that time frame it takes to get the army, wouldn't open trade be better for them as well?  Heaven forbid those members sign up for people trying to capture an AI fief, and thus earn the ire of AoW too. 

3) Big factions:  They can trade amongst themselves, or pass through AoW lands without notice because I don't think AoW actually wants to take on KBW, or LCO. 

So if you take out the KbW, LCO, Astralis, and Acre people out of consideration, which I would do if I was home (work computer, can't open the image), then the pool of people YOU are talking about is a very, very small number.  If we look at this thread, there are 10 posters. 2 in Acre, 1 in Astralis, You, 1 Squid... that's 50%.  It's just as rough a walk for Jona's crew to EU as it is to the steppes, and the number continues to drop. 

You've always defended them this round Kesh.  Truth is, you're as much in their pocket as their own members... oh wait, you have an alt there.  Hrmmm.  I know, I know, you have a lot of alts in various clans.  But your ties are a little stronger from doing it all the same. 

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 12:15:20 am »
I think you did some weird twisted logic there.  You basically said KBW and Occitan can freely go through aow lands and use our steppe trade fiefs and then in the very next breath you take them out of the pool of potential users of that free trade.  Re-read what you wrote man.

Basically every player on strategus can use them easily except for maybe acre and astralis who would have to go the long way from the north to get there (still safer than taking goods to eu).

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 03:39:23 am »
I think you did some weird twisted logic there.  You basically said KBW and Occitan can freely go through aow lands and use our steppe trade fiefs and then in the very next breath you take them out of the pool of potential users of that free trade.  Re-read what you wrote man.

Basically every player on strategus can use them easily except for maybe acre and astralis who would have to go the long way from the north to get there (still safer than taking goods to eu).

I'm sorry Kesh, I didn't know I needed to use finger paints to paint the picture for you.  Post before that included this:

"There are the neutrals with MB and LCO, but the truth is, those clans don't NEED the steppes to trade.  They have plenty of fiefs, and plenty of armies to control them.  So that eliminates the territories to the southeast, and east. "

So   yes...  big factions  like  KBW  and LCO  COULD  use  steppe fiefs   but   they don't   need to.

Thus, they aren't in the pool.  Better?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 04:06:02 am »
Still doesn't make sense.  The big complaint was that there are too few free trade fiefs - I mention the large number of free trade fiefs available in the steppes.  You then say that no one can use them because of Squids.

Most of the map can use them and they are there to be used, whether someone NEEDS to use them as you say really doesn't matter (and is also a gross generalization).  A lot of individuals in large factions do their own thing and their own trade runs.  We have been getting plenty of people in large factions using our fiefs.

The main thing is this - the free trade fiefs are there and most people can make use of them.  If they are worried about going through aow lands - just ask and they will give passage to all but acre and astralis.

Also, in token to Brontosaurus:
(click to show/hide)

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 04:19:57 pm »
The New Malayurg Castle Pass by the mountain is open to reach the steppe.

Offline Quiksilver

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I only rage when there are people to hear me do so
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2014, 05:12:46 pm »
The New Malayurg Castle Pass by the mountain is open to reach the steppe.
shush calamari people need things to complain about and squids are the obvious choice, ayyike is entirely free trade as well last i seen.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 07:18:43 pm »
shush calamari people need things to complain about and squids are the obvious choice, ayyike is entirely free trade as well last i seen.

Yep, because Ayyike is an EXCELLENT sell fief. 

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2014, 09:09:48 pm »
Yep, because Ayyike is an EXCELLENT sell fief.

If you worry about trading this much go play port royal 3 nerd.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2014, 09:58:34 pm »
If you worry about trading this much go play port royal 3 nerd.

:: sigh ::

It's not the trading I'm concerned with.  It's building the armies to get into battles blah blah blah.