Author Topic: Nova Reyvadin Trade Restrictions  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Nova Reyvadin Trade Restrictions
« on: June 18, 2014, 05:41:40 am »
+4
Recent events have led me to restrict trade on a previously Free Trade fief ---> Now you need to notify me when you plan to use the City's S&D.

A few standard things I'll need to know ; army size, good count, where the goods are from/ good name. Do not sell goods unless the S&D is high enough for the price to be 25.

New Tadsamesh and Sungetche Castle is still Free trade and Open to be used without permission. *That doesn't give you permission to camp in said fief for days on end and use every ounce of S&D the fief produces*

Everyone that can't be accounted for in Reyvadin has been evicted if you re-enter the city; know that you run the risk of being attacked, if the S&D suddenly disappears.

Sorry for the inconvenience
~ Desire
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:51:34 am by Nightingale »

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
Re: Nova Reyvadin Trade Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 05:53:04 am »
+2
So sad that there are so few free trade fiefs, yet some people will sit in them and sell 25 goods at a time.  I suggest buy less goods, travel faster, make money, buy gear, get in a war, and get sent to  Europe.  It works for me.

All free trade fiefs should do the same.  Then each one will have a collection of raiders circling, waiting for some jerk to get evicted and they'll all try pounce.  Great fun!

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 01:04:19 pm »
Eurgh, does that mean we have to talk more than before now? :?

:P :mrgreen:
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 07:16:19 pm »

Aye, and thou mustest present such pleas of commerce in proper RP fashione.

Can we get gothic script for the messaging?

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 09:21:35 pm »
+2
Sell fiefs hardest fiefs to find for us free traders. RIP strat. At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square..
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 09:33:49 pm »
+2

I feel yah. No one likes talking to desire. I heard she has cooties.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 11:59:10 pm »
Sell fiefs hardest fiefs to find for us free traders. RIP strat. At fifteen, I had the will to learn; at thirty, I could stand; at forty, I had no doubts; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding; at sixty, my ears were opened; at seventy, I could do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the square..

Yup.  Extremely hard to come by.  RIP strat. 

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 12:59:39 am »
+1
it's not that it ISN"T Free trade, she just wants people to tell her so that everyone gets S/D and their money. Anyone that sells their goods for UNDER prosperity is dumb and ruins it for EVERYONE. Just be smart, really.

Honestly, Tilbaut will NEVER have a restriction as long I run it.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 01:30:11 am »
+1
it's not that it ISN"T Free trade, she just wants people to tell her so that everyone gets S/D and their money. Anyone that sells their goods for UNDER prosperity is dumb and ruins it for EVERYONE. Just be smart, really.

I know, but it does make things more difficult if you can't just rock up and swipe S&D whenever it's available, because it might have been scheduled for someone else. Tilbaut is great but honestly I struggled to find somewhere to sell goods from it at 300% and over.

What pissed me off is when I see guys like Legs (Squids) swipe a bunch of S&D from a free trade fief just as I'm about to use it - when that faction has a bunch of closed fiefs for their own trade. purposes. Admittedly Squids have been accommodating when I've asked to trade in their fiefs - but it's like they are having their cake and eating it too, while I'm scrounging around for crumbs.

But, this is the first strat I've participated in from the beginning, and maybe that's just the way it works. RIP Gear bugs.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 01:47:24 am »
+2
It's not really fair to use Legs as an example; hes beyond human when it comes to trading. It would be like saying, "I can't get any kills in NA1 because I'm following Bigsandwich." Yah just got to go in a different direction in both cases.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 02:34:06 am »
+1
We still have 4 free trade fiefs and I'm pretty sure at least 2 other steppe fiefs are free trade.  Steppes and EU are  afree trade mecca right now (EU because nobody is guarding it because UIF made the game really gay over there to the point no one cares).
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 03:05:05 am »
+1
Aye, and thou mustest present such pleas of commerce in proper RP fashione.

Can we get gothic script for the messaging?

I apologise for not being able to speak that tongue. I only know of few words to meet your spoken criteria, mostly words my humble self has picked up reading a bit of Shakespeare, who yet has to emerge from his mothers womb in far future. I hope for thy understanding.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 04:03:10 am »

This exactly, It's not that the fief is now closed to anyone in particular. Its just that people were being abusive and sitting in the fief for 5+ days camping out and selling goods under the prosperity line. It doesn't really slow you down to shoot me a PM and ask if the S&D is available, that is far better than showing up and someone snagging it from you right as you get there.

Originally I didn't want to put any restrictions on the fief but it just got out of hand. so I had two choices sky rocket the taxes - I do not want to do that - or more strictly manage commerce.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 05:20:25 pm »
We still have 4 free trade fiefs and I'm pretty sure at least 2 other steppe fiefs are free trade.  Steppes and EU are  afree trade mecca right now (EU because nobody is guarding it because UIF made the game really gay over there to the point no one cares).

You can play the 'Free trade in the steppes' card all you want Kesh, but unless your faction takes Bhulaban, they're closed.  Here's the logic.

There are four entry points to the steppes.  One is blocked by GeForce.  As you can see from their recent attacks, they don't really care who is who.  As long as they aren't AoW, they'll attack you if you they see you, and think that they'll win.  Second, getting in touch with them is rather difficult.  I know, because I've tried.  ;-)  My caravans won't go near their territory simply because communication lines aren't well established, and they're too whimsical.

Another entry is blocked by AoW.  Sure, you can come back and say 'Well if you're on good terms, then there isn't a problem.'  It's a good argument.  However, AoW friendlies are already in the steppes, or in GeForce.  There are the neutrals with MB and LCO, but the truth is, those clans don't NEED the steppes to trade.  They have plenty of fiefs, and plenty of armies to control them.  So that eliminates the territories to the southeast, and east.  That leaves Black Company, Wardens, Astralis, Desire's crew, Edit:  Vagabonds, and Acre.  Since Acre/Astralis are definitely NOT friendly, that shoves 75 (rough guestimate) traders out of your fiefs as well from that entry point.  EDIT:  Add to that the (minor) hostility shown from AoW towards BC... they probably won't be heading to the steppes either.

A third entry is Sungetche Castle, but with Bhulaban so close, and the fact that it has been a hot spot of activity for AoW, same rule applies as above. 

That leaves the northern most entry.  In all honesty, if anyone is going to go that route from the south/east/north then they will probably just head to EU.  It's safer.

All that being said, Strat is dead.  So many closed borders, so many huge neutral factions, and so few battles.  It boils down to the economy, and unless those borders open, or one/two/all the neutral factions become aggressive, and trade can open up... STOP BITCHING about the lack of battles.  Seriously, the gear is expensive, and it takes a long time to outfit a decent size army... can't do that without trade.  And thus we come full circle.

EU = dead because everyone is allied to one another.
NA = dead because shit is too expensive and no one can gain money.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:46:21 pm by Balikar »

Offline phnxhdsn

• Earl
  • Renown: 355
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium / Vanguard / DMG
  • Game nicks: Phoenix, Mangudai
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 05:35:57 pm »
For Balikar: Trying to get into the steppes (should start at 1:41): http://youtu.be/YH4Xr6GIp4U?t=1m41s
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:55:13 pm by phnxhdsn »