Author Topic: Iraq falling appart  (Read 52711 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Iraq falling appart
« Reply #285 on: August 10, 2014, 12:26:54 am »
Personally, I'd rather live in a peaceful country supporting terrorists than in a war zone. Of course not supporting terrorists and being at peace would be better, but that's not the point of the question.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #286 on: August 10, 2014, 12:34:45 am »
Let's see...

Supporting Terrorists

-There is always a chance of backfire
-You are not safe at your home
-I wonder how europe and other countries see us(Turkey) at the moment.

War Zone

-I'm sure politicians and their family will be the first ones to flee
-Like me, ordinary people will have to deal with it.
-Why i have to fight against an organisation that my own government created/supported?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:11:26 am by Xside »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #287 on: August 10, 2014, 12:50:24 am »
You as a Turk are worried about ISIS? In what way do they constitute a threat to you or Turkey? Surely ISIS is no match for the mighty Turkling army and surely ISIS knows that?

As Xside noted, our country supported them. There was no ISIS when the supporting began of course. There was the FSA and then al-Nusra. They seemed to be under perfect control till this new formation called ISIS surfaced. I still despise the government for having supported renegade terrorists and backed the guerrilla war against Syria in the first place. But now the monster they created is totally out of control. There isn't a day without threats from them now.

Today, for instance, they uploaded a video to threaten Turkey about taking action in İstanbul. This they did because they want water from a dam on the Euphrates (Atatürk Dam) to be released, so that they can get potable water on the other side of the border. They are becoming trouble. First, it was about killing the Shia. Then they started killing the Azidi Kurds near the Turkish border. And now they call the Turkish government "infidels". I mean they call that name to a highly bigoted government that feeds on Islam, the true Islam-mongers I'd dare say. Go figure. If they ever start doing things like suicide bombings in a city like İstanbul or other metropolitan cities, that will not end lightly.

Also, forgot to mention: There is no mighty Turkish army anymore. The government's affiliated "mujahedeens" have been working for years to grasp control of the army, which used to be partly independent and a strict defender of the republican regime. The situation is entirely different now. In the past, the Turkish army you mention would have already stomped on these buggers for having caused so much trouble. Now we hear reports of the Turkish soldiers on duty changing shifts under supervision of these terrorists at Suleiman Shah Shrine (a piece of historical shrine on the Syrian lands, which is considered to be Turkish territory). Also in the past, if the government representatives started breaking the atmosphere of secularity and threatening the secular regime, the army would step in and give out a harsh warning or even go on and execute a coup-d'état. Of course this is no pleasant business, but neither is the former. The chief commander of the Turkish army wouldn't -even if hell had broken loose- bow to the prime minister in the past. Now the current chief commader literally worships him and will almost kiss his ass. Things have changed a lot and Turkey isn't what it used to be anymore.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:10:17 am by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 10, 2014, 01:24:10 am »
You as a Turk are worried about ISIS? In what way do they constitute a threat to you or Turkey? Surely ISIS is no match for the mighty Turkling army and surely ISIS knows that?
ISIS apparently has a growing domestic presence in Turkey. That could prove very dangerous for Turkey if ISIS is allowed to spread and conquer Iraq, much of Syria, Jordan.. and they'll get much more support with their success.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 10, 2014, 09:08:31 am »
So, what do you fear exactly? It's not like the occasional suicide bomber represents a serious threat to your security, in between traffic and earthquakes.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #290 on: August 10, 2014, 12:44:16 pm »
+2
Are you serious Kafein? This shit is happening right on their borders. They'd be retarded not to care. Turkoman and other minorities in Syria and Iraq have already been hit by it.
They should worry, frankly. Especially considering such an influential and sizeable part of their government/military have allied themselves ideologically with the insane Saudi Arabian/Qatari/other rich gulf countries Salafists and Wahhabists who are the source of funds and rhetoric feeding all these terrorists. Reversing everything Ataturk did to move away from religion as a primary factor of identification. The whole thing is a proxy-war for regional supremacy between sunni and shia, and Turkey threw it's weight in with the sunni zealots. The consequences haven't even begun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 10, 2014, 12:52:41 pm »
+1
Turkey is basically the main line of defence when it comes to holding back the islamic nutjobs from Europe. Not only geographically, but their presence in the overall islamic communities is also quite significant. If it falls somehow to the islamic radicals, the West could easly consider itself fucked. And recent event with the prime minister losing it and banning Youtube and Twitter cuz the internet is evil, proves that they are way more vulnerable to this shit than it appeared at first glance.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #292 on: August 10, 2014, 01:05:34 pm »
Pretty much agree.

Not only I don't want to see them gain more and more power, I am a bit concerned because then Europe could be the next, with all the islamic immigrants and nutjobs, and what not. Of course they couldn't go around in their Technicals conquering stuff but there's always terrorism and everything that comes with it by nature.

Also don't want that stupid map of theirs shown a few pages back to become just a bit more possible than it already is.

Plus there is already a conflict only one border away from where I live. Granted it's on the other far end of that country, but these cocksuckers would get even closer too. Nobody wants that.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #293 on: August 10, 2014, 02:58:08 pm »
Turkey is basically the main line of defence when it comes to holding back the islamic nutjobs from Europe. Not only geographically, but their presence in the overall islamic communities is also quite significant. If it falls somehow to the islamic radicals, the West could easly consider itself fucked. And recent event with the prime minister losing it and banning Youtube and Twitter cuz the internet is evil, proves that they are way more vulnerable to this shit than it appeared at first glance.

Today there was an election, and if Erdogan wins and probably will win(There is still few hours till the end of voting). We will have a new system like US have. Presidential system. 1 president controls them all... So don't think Turkey is going to be fine at least in few years. Since our protests last year changed nothing, civil war is the only way to get rid of Erdogan. The situation is really bad. I don't trust the voting to be honest.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:13:27 pm by Xside »

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #294 on: August 10, 2014, 03:15:17 pm »
What I dont understand, is why the ASIS are allowing  the Jews to murder Palestinians with such ease. They can easily interfere, by sending troops and weapons to the hamas, yet they make empty threats to "free" Istanbul, are they really that dumb?

Also, I daresay that I`m glad that the ISIS are threatening the Turks, since the Turks were the ones who gave money, training AND weapons to those savages, I guess what goes around comes around  :lol:

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 10, 2014, 03:18:25 pm »
+1
The IDF would obliterate them. So would the turkish army. Empty threats is right. And they do routinely make claims about genociding the jews and erasing Israel, it's just so common for insane islamists to say things like that it's not noteworthy. These particular guys are so insane they even do it to Turkey, which is rather rarer.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2014, 03:22:10 pm »
I forgot to mention that ISIS has a lot of Turkish sympathizers, so an attack to Turkey isnt such a far scenario, hell, even a a civil war aint
a far scenario as Kirman said. :?

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 10, 2014, 03:59:06 pm »
+1
I forgot to mention that ISIS has a lot of Turkish sympathizers, so an attack to Turkey isnt such a far scenario, hell, even a a civil war aint
a far scenario as Kirman said. :?

Thing is, Kirman and other Turks sharing his ideas would never ally with Islamist nutjobs in order to kick Erdogan out, because that would defeat the purpose.

Are you serious Kafein? This shit is happening right on their borders. They'd be retarded not to care. Turkoman and other minorities in Syria and Iraq have already been hit by it.
They should worry, frankly. Especially considering such an influential and sizeable part of their government/military have allied themselves ideologically with the insane Saudi Arabian/Qatari/other rich gulf countries Salafists and Wahhabists who are the source of funds and rhetoric feeding all these terrorists. Reversing everything Ataturk did to move away from religion as a primary factor of identification. The whole thing is a proxy-war for regional supremacy between sunni and shia, and Turkey threw it's weight in with the sunni zealots. The consequences haven't even begun.

This shit is happening right on their borders, exactly. And the Turkish military would crush ISIS with one thumb if it wanted to, which includes the unlikely event of ISIS attacking Turkish territory. If anything it puts Erdogan in a difficult position. But a safety risk for Turkish residents? Still not really, except those living very close to the border, perhaps.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 10, 2014, 04:02:41 pm »
This shit is happening right on their borders, exactly. And the Turkish military would crush ISIS with one thumb if it wanted to.
Currently. It's a threat because it could escalate to something not so easily crushed, especially if the support within Turkey for ISIS keeps growing. ISIS is, for some reason, extremely popular among the disaffected Sunnis, and there's 1,5 billion Sunnis in the world.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 10, 2014, 04:03:31 pm »
Part of the lesson from the Arab Spring is even completely peaceful legitimate protests sooner or later get taken over by islamist nutjobs. When the uprising in Syria first started it was all crying about how Assad is an evil tyrant and the FSA are "secular" and it's another link in the Arab Spring, then the islamist militias moved in with much more numbers, funding and experience and all of sudden all the Assad haters suddenly lost interest. No one gives a shit about the irrelevant FSA anymore.