Author Topic: Iraq falling appart  (Read 52591 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Iraq falling appart
« Reply #510 on: September 09, 2014, 11:42:35 am »
+3
Arguing with someone as retarded as you is pointless. Some juicy bits from your posts:

Answering the massacre that occured in 2 Kings 10:18-27
God ordered Jehu to destroy the house of Ahab, but he does not order Jehu to massacre all the worshipers of Baal.

God was pretty slow in deciding to kill of every first born

I think God had every right to be severe towards Egypt to save his chosen people from oppression, torture, and death.

most of the 'massacres' that took place in the old testament many were not ordered by god. As in the case where God ordered Jehu to destroy the linage of Ahab, Jehu went out of line and massacred the Baal worshipers which god did not order.

And it doesn't specify whether or not they were all kids, they could be young and full grown adults.

Your ethics, and the ethics of the Bible, are just as "good" as those of ISIS. You answer to accusations of massacres by saying "oh, yeah, well he did order one but he didn't order the OTHER" and then treat it as an argument won. Not to mention your "oh yeah, well, not ALL of them were innocent babies, necessarily!"

You're a nutcase, and thus debating with you is pointless. You think baby murder is good, and that's your starting point, so obviously nobody's going to convince you the Bible is a horrible source for ethics.

Those quotes say it all; I rest my case.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Charlemagne_De_Kingsmith

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Charlemagne The Lionheart, Lord Valentine, Die Hard Monk
« Reply #511 on: September 09, 2014, 11:47:10 am »
It doesn't prove much either way. Jews should be the most violent and genocidal of all abrahamic religions by that logic, and it's not even close.

Your saying that Jews are more genocidal than any of the three? You havent read much about islams violent conquest of the India have you? And also you must remember that Muslims are still killing in the name of Allah, it hasnt stopped and will not stop. Big difference between the Jews, Christians, and the Muslims is that the Jews and Christians dont have continual commands nor any exact orders for that matter to kill unbelievers, Islam however specifically commands one to go out and wage Jihad against the unbeliever.

The body count is still rising.
How do you pronounce Charlemagne? Shar-la-main =D

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #512 on: September 09, 2014, 11:51:59 am »
+3
No, I'm saying that the Talmud and/or the Old Testament is way more violent and inciting to violence than the Koran. Heck, the Koran was inspired by it in many ways. If anything it is more "progressive". So obviously what is actually written in these books of fairy tales must not be that important or influential in the first place.There are other factors.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 09, 2014, 11:58:43 am »
Arguing with someone as retarded as you is pointless. Some juicy bits from your posts:

Your ethics, and the ethics of the Bible, are just as "good" as those of ISIS. You answer to accusations of massacres by saying "oh, yeah, well he did order one but he didn't order the OTHER" and then treat it as an argument won. Not to mention your "oh yeah, well, not ALL of them were innocent babies, necessarily!"

You're a nutcase, and thus debating with you is pointless. You think baby murder is good, and that's your starting point, so obviously nobody's going to convince you the Bible is a horrible source for ethics.

Those quotes say it all; I rest my case.

No I dont think baby murder is okay. I am partially okay with abortion though if its for the right reasons like health and such if thats what you mean  :lol:

Answering the massacre that occured in 2 Kings 10:18-27
God ordered Jehu to destroy the house of Ahab, but he does not order Jehu to massacre all the worshipers of Baal.

Again God didnt order the massacre of all of the Baal worshipers just Ahab and his line.

God was pretty slow in deciding to kill of every first born

God gave the Pharaoh ample time and warning to change his mind but the Pharaoh was to stubborn. I think by the 3rd or 4th plague most people would of let the Jews go.

most of the 'massacres' that took place in the old testament many were not ordered by god. As in the case where God ordered Jehu to destroy the linage of Ahab, Jehu went out of line and massacred the Baal worshipers which god did not order.

That quote explains itself.

and it doesn't specify whether or not they were all kids, they could be young and full grown adults.

Cause it doesn't, it says first born. The first born could be in his or her 20s or 30s possibly even 50s who knows for sure.

I think the lesson the Pharaoh learnt is that when an Omnipotent being orders you to let his people go and subsequently sends plague after plague to warn you, then you should do as he commands.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 09, 2014, 12:03:08 pm »
+2
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 09, 2014, 12:03:49 pm »
+2
Again God didnt order the massacre of all of the Baal worshipers just Ahab and his line.

That's great, I hope they will soon free Anders Breivik. Afterall he did not kill every life form on Utoya.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 09, 2014, 12:03:53 pm »
No, I'm saying that the Talmud and/or the Old Testament is way more violent and inciting to violence than the Koran. Heck, the Koran was inspired by it in many ways. If anything it is more "progressive". So obviously what is actually written in these books of fairy tales must not be that important or influential in the first place.There are other factors.

So your saying that Muhammad, the man who raped butchered and murdered men, women, and children sending many into slavery was more progressive than the prophets of the old testament?

Where are the commands for a christian to go kill an infidel? Ive never heard of any.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #517 on: September 09, 2014, 12:04:50 pm »
Its pointless to discuss with a guy whose logic boils down to: Hey guys they could have been in their 20s, 30, 40s then killing them is A-OK, we dont know the age for sure so its all good.

He didnt massacre everyone, just a specific line of people so chill its not that bad.  And my personal favourite: The Pharaoh is a stubborn dude, lets kill increasingly more people because that is easier for an omnipotent being to do instead of freeing the Israelites in any other multitude of omnipotent ways

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 09, 2014, 12:06:27 pm »
Its pointless to discuss with a guy whose logic boils down to: Hey guys they could have been in their 20s, 30, 40s then killing them is A-OK, we dont know the age for sure so its all good.

He didnt massacre everyone, just a specific line of people so chill its not that bad.  And my personal favourite: The Pharaoh is a stubborn dude, lets kill increasingly more people because that is easier for an omnipotent being to do instead of freeing the Israelites in any other multitude of omnipotent ways
Yeah, I gotta love how Christians can keep claiming God is omnipotent, then they miss all the obvious shit an omnipotent being could do to achieve his goal instead of the massively sadistic and cruel ways he does stuff in the Bible.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 09, 2014, 12:10:46 pm »
God literally killed babies, and quite a lot of them too.
Literally the entire Old Testament is full of god ordering genocides because well, these peoples are not Jews, you really need me to look up the verses? You can try as hard as you want, but the Christian god is completely incompatible with any liberal modern ideas.

nah, that's not true. You have always to keep in my mind that most of the stuff was written in the babylonian exile and was a way of finding a peoples identity without their own land, 'government' (or similar), rights, etc. They searched for answers why they are in this kind of situation that they were at the time. Many of the explanation attempts are quite modern compared to other literature at the time. Compare the Odyssey with story from Josef for instance. Of course there are many exceptions, but in general the old testament has the basis for many modern liberal ideas.

However I agree that especially every not catholic christian today just makes up his own kind of ethical and moral judgment and then searches for the appropriate backing in the bible. I mean, ask them in what they actually believe you'll get hundreds of answers. Catholics are horrible in it's own way, but at least they have some dogmata to stay true to.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 09, 2014, 12:16:12 pm »

God could of used other methods, but when you disobey God in the way the Pharaoh and his people were, by torturing and murdering his chosen people then you stand to be punished by him.

I think I have stated this before but God gave the Pharaoh plenty of warning, Moses delivered each of those warnings. I think God showed his omnipotence but again the Pharaoh didn't want to listen.

Also Im not a Christian  :mrgreen:

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 09, 2014, 12:18:32 pm »
That's great, I hope they will soon free Anders Breivik. Afterall he did not kill every life form on Utoya.

Ahab and his were the guilty party.

He was responsible for going against God and his prophets

1 Kings 21

1 Some time later there was an incident involving a vineyard belonging to Naboth the Jezreelite. The vineyard was in Jezreel, close to the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. 2Ahab said to Naboth, “Let me have your vineyard to use for a vegetable garden, since it is close to my palace. In exchange I will give you a better vineyard or, if you prefer, I will pay you whatever it is worth.”

3 But Naboth replied, “The Lord forbid that I should give you the inheritance of my ancestors.”

4 So Ahab went home, sullen and angry because Naboth the Jezreelite had said, “I will not give you the inheritance of my ancestors.” He lay on his bed sulking and refused to eat.

5His wife Jezebel came in and asked him, “Why are you so sullen? Why won’t you eat?”

6He answered her, “Because I said to Naboth the Jezreelite, ‘Sell me your vineyard; or if you prefer, I will give you another vineyard in its place.’ But he said, ‘I will not give you my vineyard.’ ”

7Jezebel his wife said, “Is this how you act as king over Israel? Get up and eat! Cheer up. I’ll get you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.”

8So she wrote letters in Ahab’s name, placed his seal on them, and sent them to the elders and nobles who lived in Naboth’s city with him. 9In those letters she wrote:

“Proclaim a day of fasting and seat Naboth in a prominent place among the people. 10But seat two scoundrels opposite him and have them bring charges that he has cursed both God and the king. Then take him out and stone him to death.”

11 So the elders and nobles who lived in Naboth’s city did as Jezebel directed in the letters she had written to them. 12They proclaimed a fast and seated Naboth in a prominent place among the people. 13Then two scoundrels came and sat opposite him and brought charges against Naboth before the people, saying, “Naboth has cursed both God and the king.” So they took him outside the city and stoned him to death. 14 Then they sent word to Jezebel: “Naboth has been stoned to death.”
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:30:52 pm by Charlemagne_De_Kingsmith »

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 09, 2014, 12:23:03 pm »
nah, that's not true. You have always to keep in my mind that most of the stuff was written in the babylonian exile and was a way of finding a peoples identity without their own land, 'government' (or similar), rights, etc. They searched for answers why they are in this kind of situation that they were at the time. Many of the explanation attempts are quite modern compared to other literature at the time. Compare the Odyssey with story from Josef for instance. Of course there are many exceptions, but in general the old testament has the basis for many modern liberal ideas.

However I agree that especially every not catholic christian today just makes up his own kind of ethical and moral judgment and then searches for the appropriate backing in the bible. I mean, ask them in what they actually believe you'll get hundreds of answers. Catholics are horrible in it's own way, but at least they have some dogmata to stay true to.

Catholics and the Church are worst, I feel sorry for the Catholic.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 09, 2014, 12:25:36 pm »
+1
Ahab and his were the guilty party

So it's fine? "Thou shall not kill" depends on how much "guilty" the people you kill are? How much guilty is enough exactly? Is God a Texan court, or more like a Chinese court, another...?

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #524 on: September 09, 2014, 12:39:17 pm »
So your saying that Muhammad, the man who raped butchered and murdered men, women, and children sending many into slavery was more progressive than the prophets of the old testament?

Where are the commands for a christian to go kill an infidel? Ive never heard of any.

But you have read your bible haven't you?
Read
Matthew 5:17
Followed by
Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Now before saying "out of context" etc.
Can you acknowledge that reading these verses literally in this order seems to say that as a Follower of Christ you should kill all unbelievers?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:43:51 pm by Admerius »