Author Topic: Assassins Creed Unity  (Read 10527 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Assassins Creed Unity
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2014, 09:01:28 pm »
crashed with broken save after two hours of unskippable cinematics  :cry:
Pirated?  :lol:

Also, I went from running it with High and super choppy framerate to running it on Ultra, relatively smooth, with those settings. Using FXAA in-game. And the game looks really good on Ultra.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:37:48 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2014, 11:43:28 pm »
He makes fun of French people lolz (Umad Oberyn and Olwen?)

You can feel it's a little bit less forced than other clueless gamer episodes. He seems to actually enjoy it for once. Weird.

Really liking the game so far. More depth and more fun side quests than other ACs combined.

Huge performance increase:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/289650/discussions/0/624074858812666917/

Ho noes might this game actually have depth and be a financial failure due to superficial issues at release? That would be funny given the flak Ubisoft has been getting.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2014, 11:58:45 pm »
+6
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2014, 12:27:11 am »
+4
Did you guys know that AC was originally intended to be a sequel to prince of persia, but was then declared a spiritual successor?

I learned that while googling for the term "spiritual successor" for reasons that have nothing at all to do with the timer at the top.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2014, 12:29:07 am »
I'm still shocked red dead redemption is the spiritual sequel to red dead revolver, both amazing games

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2014, 02:54:55 am »
+1
Did you guys know that AC was originally intended to be a sequel to prince of persia, but was then declared a spiritual successor?

I learned that while googling for the term "spiritual successor" for reasons that have nothing at all to do with the timer at the top.

Did you know that 60% of the players playing the AC series don't know what Prince of Persia is? Also we need a new Prince of Persia game in 3rd person and not cel shaded shit.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2014, 09:07:36 am »
+1

Ho noes might this game actually have depth and be a financial failure due to superficial issues at release? That would be funny given the flak Ubisoft has been getting.
The more I play it, the more I like it. Paris, at last, feels like a real city. Sidequests have unique voice acting, unique locations and are generally fun. Combat looks great and is fun, and challenging too against the more skilled opponents. Characters have weight, combat has weight (all the other AC's felt really weightless and that made combat even worse than it was.) I'm not overwhelmed by the superficiality of the world like in every other AC before. Stealth and tons of large indoor areas are a massive addition. Descending is a huge improvement. Etc, etc.

I dislike rating games with numbers, but if I thought other AC games were 6/10, this would be 8.5/10, maybe 9/10 if you can look past the technical issues. YMMV.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2014, 04:50:22 pm »
The more I play it, the more I like it. Paris, at last, feels like a real city. Sidequests have unique voice acting, unique locations and are generally fun. Combat looks great and is fun, and challenging too against the more skilled opponents. Characters have weight, combat has weight (all the other AC's felt really weightless and that made combat even worse than it was.) I'm not overwhelmed by the superficiality of the world like in every other AC before. Stealth and tons of large indoor areas are a massive addition. Descending is a huge improvement. Etc, etc.

I dislike rating games with numbers, but if I thought other AC games were 6/10, this would be 8.5/10, maybe 9/10 if you can look past the technical issues. YMMV.
High praise...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/18/7221615/why-didnt-ubisoft-do-the-right-thing-and-delay-assassins-creed-unity

Worth the short read. No delay on the release cuz they had to generate revenue?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2014, 05:10:43 pm »
High praise...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/18/7221615/why-didnt-ubisoft-do-the-right-thing-and-delay-assassins-creed-unity

Worth the short read. No delay on the release cuz they had to generate revenue?
Not surprising.

I recommend waiting a bit, Ubisoft reps have said they're "investigating" the FPS hiccups, and that they didn't realize these would happen in their pre-release tests. Should be a lot more playable in a few weeks, though it's already not so bad if you don't use high quality AA in the game itself, but use Nvidia CP AA.

I think it does deserve high praise, though, if you're lucky enough to not run into game breaking glitches. To me it's finally the AC I imagined when they first announced AC1.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2014, 05:29:23 pm »
Yea, I can't play it right now. Just a stuttering mess. Considering my toaster, it might not go away with the upcoming performance patch but I am allowing myself some hope.

Would be nice if they actually added some "NPC slider" in the gameplay options...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2014, 12:04:51 am »
always the way with ubi releases, ive enjoyed pretty much every ac game (3 being my least favourite) and i will get unity, just i don't see the point pre-ordering or day one purchasing their products. better to wait for a steam sale pick it up slightly reduced a couple months later when its in working order.

people wouldn't take shit like this from an indie or a new ip, why does ubi get away with it on every major release of this franchise?
Turtles

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2014, 12:14:03 am »
people wouldn't take shit like this from an indie or a new ip, why does ubi get away with it on every major release of this franchise?
I dunno, I don't think they do. Ubi games are starting to become the same as CoDs, getting completely trashed on metacritic userscores. It's gonna start impacting them a lot. Also, I would have bought AC:U after I found out it was a good game, if it wasn't for the fact Ubisoft is the one making it.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline MicroMats

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • LazyJohnPablo_Matz
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2014, 12:45:13 am »
+3
U FUCKIN WOT m8 !

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2014, 06:12:11 pm »
I dunno, I don't think they do. Ubi games are starting to become the same as CoDs, getting completely trashed on metacritic userscores. It's gonna start impacting them a lot. Also, I would have bought AC:U after I found out it was a good game, if it wasn't for the fact Ubisoft is the one making it.

lol, metacritic.  Pirate, then buy if good.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2014, 08:31:15 pm »
+1
lol, metacritic.  Pirate, then buy if good.

Too much effort.