Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 56368 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #420 on: June 17, 2014, 02:16:01 am »
+3
Horse damage variation from archers is crazy and not really worth posting 1-2 examples of to make a point. I've been playing on Destrier for years and there's been countless times where a non-headshot from halfway across the map while riding away from a ranged player (or at a slight angle) has nearly black barred my horse because the game is random and stupid.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #421 on: June 17, 2014, 02:46:38 am »
Was just kidding. Horse headboxes are only the nose, so it did the same damage as a body shot.

My computer is mid-tier 2012, but I am so used to playing on super low settings from when I used to play this on a laptop.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:51:06 am by San »

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 17, 2014, 02:29:54 pm »
Was just kidding. Horse headboxes are only the nose, so it did the same damage as a body shot.

My computer is mid-tier 2012, but I am so used to playing on super low settings from when I used to play this on a laptop.

this is all very important and all, but let's not forget the main focus of the next patch is the rebalancing of the WAKIZASHI, giving it 3 more cut and 1 more pierce to make it competetive with other weapons.

the other stuff is secondary, remember this

( :D ) hue hue
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 17, 2014, 08:04:40 pm »
+1

isnt this abit "out of context" sort of speak? you cant just toss us stats of your upkeep without also providing experience and pay stats, well you can but its kinda of pointless

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #424 on: June 18, 2014, 09:02:18 am »
One of my biggest problems with this game is that no playstyle apart from being a boring somewhat heavy infantry is viable anymore, and it's getting much worse.
For example, 95% of players in Aus are infantry with nothing else to their build. The other 5% combined are donkey riders, shielders, throwers and archers.
Make cavalry, especially heavy, viable. They are far too expensive, too easy to counter (literally anyone with some common sense and awareness will beat you, I know this from experience of both an infantrynerd and a cavalrynerd) especially with this retarded rearing mechanic.
Make ranged (and it appears everything but being a normal infantryman because of the amount of Q_Q that leads to irrational balancing) less annoying, give them more of an incentive to fight in melee, not an incentive to not fight in melee.
Have some actual balance in weapon classes, I don't see how it's possible that you would beat someone using a 2h weapon if you have a 1h, they have both their hands on their weapon, need I say more? Same goes for polearms, the only reason one should use a 1h is if they want to do something else with the other hand which could be nudges if they weren't so weird, shields or maybe even dual wielding? I know not how it would work but the Dark Souls 2 dual wielding system is the best I've seen.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:24:25 am by Shaksie »
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #425 on: June 18, 2014, 09:36:03 am »
+3
For example, 95% of players in Aus are infantry with nothing else to their build. The other 5% combined are donkey riders, shielders, throwers and archers.
So you saying Aus has 20 players or more? :P
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 18, 2014, 11:33:25 am »
+2
One of my biggest problems with this game is that no playstyle apart from being a boring somewhat heavy infantry is viable anymore, and it's getting much worse.
Make cavalry, especially heavy, viable. They are far too expensive, too easy to counter (literally anyone with some common sense and awareness will beat you, I know this from experience of both an infantrynerd and a cavalrynerd) especially with this retarded rearing mechanic.
Make ranged (and it appears everything but being a normal infantryman because of the amount of Q_Q that leads to irrational balancing) less annoying, give them more of an incentive to fight in melee, not an incentive to not fight in melee.
Have some actual balance in weapon classes, I don't see how it's possible that you would beat someone using a 2h weapon if you have a 1h, they have both their hands on their weapon, need I say more? Same goes for polearms, the only reason one should use a 1h is if they want to do something else with the other hand which could be nudges if they weren't so weird, shields or maybe even dual wielding? I know not how it would work but the Dark Souls 2 dual wielding system is the best I've seen.

its very depressing to read someone trying to balance cRPG for 8 people or less playing at peak-hours gameplay
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 18, 2014, 12:16:45 pm »
When you do this again to cav i delete my Char at the moment i dont even have 8 riding to use heavy cav. So when you nerf them too. Then you can fuck your self i will delete my Charakter.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 18, 2014, 12:17:26 pm »
When you want to do something buff shielder thery re is enough work for you to do.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 18, 2014, 12:28:00 pm »
You already changed the requirement for this horses why now nerving them as well. Buff 2 handers with heavy Armour weight decreased and also shielder. And not always nerf cav. You can not even do real medieval tactics anymore in your mod. because of the current balancing. And still people want to nerf cav.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 18, 2014, 12:30:49 pm »
Also you could buff crossbow man. Ridicules useless in battle mode When you are one of the heavy crossbow users. Pavese  shield changed to 1 slot. And make it that you can place it in front of you like a siege shield. So that you can use it as a stationary reloading point.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 18, 2014, 12:33:58 pm »
And decrease the requirement for those shields. because you would need to do to much shieldskill and would use melee abilities. This shields are anyway to slow for melee combat. For example i see nobody playing with such a shield on eu_1.

In cease that you Hesitate about my arguments.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 18, 2014, 12:51:18 pm »
Another problem is that you still not changed it that the Archers have melee abilities. For example it needs like 10 ranged who shoot at my horse to get it down. So most of the people just ride to the enemy spawn picking of the lonely ranged. And you don't want to give them melee abilities. And the freaking melees are not forced to help them and defend them what would be usually they re job. And of course everybody wants to make a thrower then when it makes more damage on horses then a bow does. But this is not the problem for me are the melees the problem. because i would not even had a chance to kill some archers and get in close when they would be professionals. So it has nothing to do with cav is OP. it is since ages not op anymore. What is really fucked up are 2 Handers and shielders. they are to weak now. For me are all classes to weak.  like i said maybe panos thread about the decrease of heavy armour upkeep and maybe the change of the weight of armourĀ“s would fix the problem. All this things should be changed. Since yesterday. but nothing happens you only work on your melee gameing give the responsibility to someone else when you work on your new game. Or you think that game will be a good game when you put all your time in 2  projects. So i needs somebody who keep this here alive as well. But "You" need to be focused on that game would you are make right now.

Give responsibility to someone else. 

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #433 on: June 18, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »
+6
Simon: 6 posts in a row really? CouldnĀ“t get your message to fit in 1 post?
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #434 on: June 18, 2014, 01:11:52 pm »
+5
Simon_Templar

Omg! I need to know your ingame nickname, dude. Just for the lolz.