Author Topic: I'm 22 years old and still a virgin, never even kissed a girl  (Read 17271 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: I'm 22 years old and still a virgin, never even kissed a girl
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2014, 04:32:19 am »
+2
On vacation
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2014, 04:50:26 am »
Is that supposed to be alaska under the eagles tail feathers in the grass/flowers?

If so, where is hawaii?

it's there, next to Alaska. Baddie yuropoors. Can't even pick the best state out behind Florida, gosh.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2014, 04:54:29 am »
+1
I'm 22 years old and still a virgin, never even interwebs

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2014, 04:55:28 am »
+2
There is no such thing as broken people. It's just that some people don't go well with what we call society, what helped humanity to get on this level. T

You're an idiot, but we all knew that already. Go into any prison and ask them what percentage of their violent prisoners they estimate have some sort of cluster B personality disorder. It's around 90%. Then there's the whole proportion of those PD's in the homeless population. I'm sure that's just a complete random coincidence as well. Look, you can't put "mental illnesses" all under the same umbrella. Most people with autism or asperger's are at the very worst dangers only to themselves. No one is saying we should be afraid of everyone that's mentally "ill". But there's such a thing as degrees. You can't pretend sociopathic, antisocial, narcissistic, borderline, psychopathic etc etc PD's have no link to ridiculous acts of violence. Being mentally ill does not make you a special snowflake, the way you view the world is not some unique gift. For the vast majority of those suffering from them, they are a giant hurdle and something they have to struggle with their entire lives in order to not be completely miserable. The way some people romanticize and glorify mental illness is fucking sick.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:58:56 am by Oberyn »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2014, 05:33:14 am »
+1
Wow. I really just watched this almost 2 hours video. It really gives you a deep and wider view on the case Elliot Rodger than anything else.
Of course it's all about this guy who killed inoccent people, the victims aren't adressed here. But it surely makes you understand why it could come to this, why it even HAD to come to this. If you are bored and have 2 hours, watch it.

P.S: It's basically an analysis of Elliots Rodgers "manifesto"/ life by a guy named Stefan Molyneux. No idea who that is, but the video speaks for itself.

Thanks a lot for the video! I lost interest in reading the manifesto myself, and I am 1h36mins in right now because I can listen to this guy summarizing it.

I have to say one thing. That stepmother is a total bitch. Hey if the only person Elliot would've killed was Sumaya, I'd even say she had it coming. No I don't say the murders are justified, but that behavior of hers..

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2014, 05:39:27 am »
(click to show/hide)

But this guy totally wasn't a textbook narcisissist, it's all society don't you see?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2014, 06:07:46 am »
+6
Also he was a WoW player. I wonder what class he played, just out of pure curiosity.

I'd say Paladin but now I'm stereotyping in my mind.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2014, 06:27:15 am »
+1
Most cluster A and B personality disorders emerge during puberty, which strongly suggests they are linked to biological/genetic factors. And they are unfixable. There is no cure. They are not "flexible" mental illnesses. You don't "become" narcissistic because of external factors. Sorry to break the news to you but genetic lottery isn't fair, some people just end up with the short stick.

Genetic epidemiologic studies indicate that all ten personality disorders (PDs) classified on the DSM-IV axis II are modestly to moderately heritable. Shared environmental and nonadditive genetic factors are of minor or no importance. No sex differences have been identified. Multivariate studies suggest that the extensive comorbidity between the PDs can be explained by three common genetic and environmental risk factors. The genetic factors do not reflect the DSM-IV cluster structure, but rather: i) broad vulnerability to PD pathology or negative emotionality; ii) high impulsivity/low agreeableness; and iii) introversion. Common genetic and environmental liability factors contribute to comorbidity between pairs or clusters of axis I and axis II disorders. Molecular genetic studies of PDs, mostly candidate gene association studies, indicate that genes linked to neurotransmitter pathways, especially in the serotonergic and dopaminergic systems, are involved. Future studies, using newer methods like genome-wide association, might take advantage of the use of endophenotypes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3181941/

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2014, 06:36:28 am »
What maudlin bullshit. Some people just seem to be unable to come to terms that some are just unsalvageable. But yeah, sure, whatever. Love and kindness cures mental illness.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2014, 06:43:13 am »
I also can't believe some people are taking all the events talked about in his manifesto at face value. Like he was just an innocent victim through it all, and his own actions and choices never led to those responses. I'm starting to wonder how many people here have actually interacted with cluster B's for any length of time.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2014, 06:45:17 am »
I'm not at all defending this kid. What I'm saying is that his disability caused some symptoms of a personality disorder, I just don't think he had actually had a personality disorder.

So the asperger's overwrote the narcissism? You don't think it's possible for someone to be both? Seriously, go read that definition of NPD I linked. If you don't see literally the description of the way this "kid" viewed the world, you're just being wilfully blind.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 06:49:49 am by Oberyn »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2014, 07:07:24 am »
+1
Yeah, much better to just use it as support for your own pet social cause. It's a gun problem, it's a misogyny problem, it's a lack of love and understanding, it's everything I think is wrong with society. It couldn't possibly just be an unhinged mental case finally snapping, no, how could we use that as platform to pontificate about the real issues in society? Sorry if I'm strawmanning you a little there but the flood of articles blaming this on varying aspects of evil, evil "society" and ignoring the real issue is making me snarky.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2014, 07:10:22 am »
+1
"..how could we use that as platform to pontificate about the real issues in society?"

How, and why wouldn't they? It's like the perfect all-in-one package to bash in all those directions to get their little agenda going.  :P

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2014, 07:13:40 am »
That's a complicated subject, you'd have to actually ask a psychologist about it.

Apparently he had seen many different therapists. I really doubt high functioning autistic is the only diagnosis he ever received. If anything there's a high chance of therapist "shopping", especially given his social background. High-functioning austistic is a much more socially acceptable diagnosis than any of the cluster PD's.