Author Topic: NA strat is about to be boned from the events of EU strat  (Read 8111 times)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: NA strat is about to be boned from the events of EU strat
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2014, 11:16:47 pm »
+3
A bigger fear is that all non druzhina/Grey Euro players quit or move to NA servers, giving the entire Euromap to the Slavs.  This Völkerwanderung could lead to Druzhina/Greys getting bored and invading NA which could mean all our petty fighting would have to stop and we would have an east vs west battle.  Their high ping might not be a problem for them as they would have oodles of silver, plenty of armies and a single purpose.

Greys are going to stay in EU. I talked with Hetman recently and he said he cannot be arsed to come to "McDonalds Land" :D
I know to the majority of you say this is just "a grey saying something that is of no worth anyway because you cannot trust them".
But I have been a Grey myself, I get along very well with Hetman and I fully trust him sticking to his word.

On the other hand, Druzhina I do not really know. But as Heskey said, their pings would be horrendous. To spam effectively you need an okish ping. Otherwise you get counter spammed instantly. Them being from Russia mostly means they would have an incredibly shitty ping.
Most NA players would fight side by side, I will go so far to say even factions like Acre and Squids will fight in the same roster to drive Drz back to EU.
Loads of EU players would help out if battles would happen to take place during EU prime time, or maybe even in the morning (so late night for NA)

The gear-advantage would not weigh as heavily as all the other edges of NA combined.
And even though I would not mind giving Druzhina a small battering, I'd rather have them stay in EU where they belong.

If they ever do they'll eat us first so you'll have time to prepare.

That also, with us being right at the border in the steppes Druzhina would first swallow us whole, so you all would have some time to gather armies and gear :D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:37:30 pm by Switchtense »
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2014, 12:34:11 am »
Removing my posts from this thread.... Political correctness.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:16:22 am by Farrix »

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2014, 12:41:45 am »
+1
Hey, people. The collective EU response to this was.... Yeah it sucks in EU, yeah we are all gonna get wiped, but don't worry, UIF will stay in EU land for months and months of trading simulation. We failed to unite to put up a real fight against UIF, maybe you NA'ers should unite to do this instead when it's your turn. But don't worry, they'll sit on their asses for months singing jolly tunes.

First off, we are heavily divided in NA and WE LIKE IT THAT WAY! Secondly, there are two options for curbing this seemingly inevitable future: A mass subsidizing of EU clans so ya'll can actually stand a chance in your wars and a complete map separation. Once again though, WE ARE DIVIDED AND WE LIKE IT LIKE THAT so the first option is pretty much just a fanciful idea with no chance of bearing fruit. The second option is the only viable one which only requires the devs to make very minor changes to the map. That grey area at the top of map which indicates the positions of the two maps in regards to each other would be extended to the entirety. Hell if you wanna keep a connection, leave one small sliver of joining lands in the steppes and it could be like the Knights Watch on GoT.

Nope. We never said "Go NA, unite and beat the shit out of UIF!"

We said, in the very unlikely case of Druzhina going to NA, all NAs would go apeshit on them.

Devs will not do shit. Them actually bothering to change stuff is even more unlikely than UIF invading NA.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2014, 12:51:04 am »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:18:28 am by Farrix »

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2014, 01:05:58 am »
+2
Someone please tell me I am not the only one who just saw the blatant contradictions in the post coupled with a ridiculous misinterpretation of my typed word. Please tell me I am not alone in recognizing this.

If it makes you feel better, I didn't read your whole post, so yes, I might have missed a point or so.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2014, 05:44:06 am »
+1
Personally as a true 'Merican I would love to slaughter some Easter Block Soviet Communists. I wish they would invade NA strat and make it interesting

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2014, 06:46:02 am »
+2
Near the end of Strat 3 I proudly supported my slavic brothers on their invasion of NA, as DRZ wiped out every fief of my former allies and Union stayed to occupy the ruins in the heartland of TKoV's claims, defending on NA ping until the end of Strat.

It was actually really fun, but I was just about the only person mercing on UIF side from NA for most battles, shit talking fat stupid Americans the entire time. Seemed like just about no one in any of the UIF clans enjoyed the battles though, since everyone had horrible latency (despite the fantastic gear.)

Also if I recall one of the main reasons they invaded NA was because they had no one left to fight in EU, since the western European clans are almost all pussy quitters who bail out of wars and destroy their own tickets and gold instead of showing up to their own battles once they start losing.

Main thing to remember is that Strat 2 was by far the best. I doubt anyone who was active at the time would disagree. It had simple map mechanics that remained balanced, so clans could easily develop themed armies with appropriate gear levels, and not get burnt out sperging over dots on their Internet Explorer 8's. NA and EU clans had fluid alliances, finding cross time-zone merc support, bailouts of gold and tickets, and hilarious scheming sessions in TS.

I was an LLJK officer at the time and worked with UIF at its multinational criminal conspiracy prime to absolutely crush at least a dozen clans, including the complete destruction of the Shogunate as an entity (I personally led the invasion of their EU heartland, crushed their armies, mocked their gimmick, and posted youtubes of their shame until their seppuku). This UIF alliance didn't even have Grey Order or DRZ contributing anything except sharing a friendly border, those clans (Bashibazouk, Risen, Legio, Union, maybe some others) were just cool people with good organization who enjoyed shitting on their enemies on the forums and in game.

I think bringing back the shared map, and simplifying Strategus mechanics to make battles more frequent, less demanding of behind the scenes sperging, and generally a more "casual" feel would be the only thing to keep the game alive. Then people could send armies into the Slavic hivemind to take out their fiefs and not quit the game for 12 months when they lose a few times.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2014, 11:04:23 am »
Greys are going to stay in EU. I talked with Hetman recently and he said he cannot be arsed to come to "McDonalds Land" :D
I know to the majority of you say this is just "a grey saying something that is of no worth anyway because you cannot trust them".
But I have been a Grey myself, I get along very well with Hetman and I fully trust him sticking to his word.

On the other hand, Druzhina I do not really know.
I feel the opposite about Greys and DRZ, so that is kinda funny. I have not been in any of the clans, so that gives me the same perspective on both in a way. Anyway i doubt it that they will bother with going to NA.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2014, 02:17:14 pm »
+3
I think bringing back the shared map, and simplifying Strategus mechanics to make battles more frequent, less demanding of behind the scenes sperging, and generally a more "casual" feel would be the only thing to keep the game alive. Then people could send armies into the Slavic hivemind to take out their fiefs and not quit the game for 12 months when they lose a few times.

This right here is what should've happened this round instead of over complicating everything. Yah it's cool to have ideas and try to implement them in a free mod but sometimes, especially in strat, just because you can do something with your game mode doesn't mean you should.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2014, 06:23:22 pm »
+3
I don't ever actually read the diplomacy threads. I just kind of skim or go straight to the end and post random shit.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2014, 08:27:58 pm »

Most NA players would fight side by side, I will go so far to say even factions like Acre and Squids will fight in the same roster to drive Drz back to EU.

I agree except for one caveat.  If you have ever heard Arowaine in ts with Nebun or Hetman - oh my god, he turns into a sniveling worm that begs to lick his master's boots.  Its embarrassing to anyone else from NA to be considered part of the same continent when you hear it.  After UIF wrecked EU strat - if they wanted to ruin the game experience for people on NA strat, Arowaine would stop his 2 year mission to do absolutely nothing on strat except sit around playing trade simulator and would instantly assist in any way possible his masters' every whim.  When it comes to UIF - that man has no self-respect to speak of.  He would quite literally bend over and pull his pants down for them if he ever met them in real life -  (I hear Putin is actually a closet homosexual and a lot of russians try to emulate him).

Just watching UIF beat up all those "tough" ai opponents every day or so, its actually pretty pitiful.  Plate armor against random rosters with weak gear, its amazing so many keep playing a game where they don't do anything challenging.  I guess if you are not very intelligent, its a good mindless entertainment.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2014, 08:52:08 pm »
+1
I say we useless NA fucks let EU invade...i mean if its a EU battle, there might be actual gear to use ( shots fired )

seriously though, this strat is stupid as fuck, so much done to make sure str isnt as dominant this time around, an entire reworking of agi and wpf to make sure str isnt as dominant

Then you jack up the prices to such a point, NA has yet to have a non peasant war battle. Huge advantage for str chars with only peas gear...u devs didnt think about that?

If i want to play peasant wars, i could go to native and do it anytime i want, at least its more fair for peasant wars in native.

crpg? pitchforks and short spears...vs mauls and 2h axes? even with minimal ps that axe is still gonna one hit anything in cloth. now lets say that 2h axer has 12 if / ps...yeah, u and ur puny pointed stick dont stand a chance

this strat is horribad
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »
+1
I just came up with a new, incredibly innovative solution!

Enjoy it while it lasts. If not UIF, something else will fuck Strat right up anyway.

Whether it be a cool new feature added by the devs (ya right :rolleyes:) or whatever. So just play. If there is a way to improve things yourself, take the chance. If you don't, stop being butthurt. (That was mainly meant for the whiny EUs :D)

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2014, 11:24:11 pm »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:12:53 am by Farrix »

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2014, 01:22:30 am »
Kesh, you and your hateful, petty little posts are pathetic. Also, I say that being sober as a bird, so don't expect me to apologize again for publicly calling you out with the truth.

? was there something dishonest or flat out false that Kesh said? Honestly i find his posts refreshing, no bullshit, completely genuine, the man says what he feels and reports on what he sees, with his own unique form of putting people in there place.

Here ill give you an example.

Kinda sucks that horses are so expensive it literally forced Hos off the map, maybe now that they are Tradictans ( my bad, Occitan ) little bitch, maybe they can offord horses now and get back into strat.

Hopefully you get horses soon, everyone knows Hos is useless without cav.

^

petty, hateful , and filled to the brim with the cold hard honest truth.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE