Author Topic: NA strat is about to be boned from the events of EU strat  (Read 7605 times)

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
NA strat is about to be boned from the events of EU strat
« on: May 17, 2014, 02:33:23 am »
This is a legitimate question I think we should all as a community consider and speak about openly before a move is made by the devs that could result in a lot of people being very pissed off.

About 2/3 of the EU map is owned by UIF. I don't want this to devolve into the same bitter discussions of their tactics, I just want people to consider the fact that the fighting in EU is legitimately coming to a short close. This has always resulted in wipes. NA strat is still highly divided amongst several clans with no official megablocks dominating the entire map. Feifs change hands and the possibility of battles has no predictable end. Now taking this to a logical conclusion would mean that the EU map (which comprises the majority of strat players) will be entirely dominated by a single group. There will be no battles left and accordingly the EU players would be looking for a wipe. This will be happening while the drama and wars and battles are in the midst of flourishing in the NA map.

Us NA players who are in a minority in regards to number of players as well as the favor of most of the devs (as far as I can tell) will, if the devs succumb to the desire for strat battles within the EU majority, have our entire strat session cut short during the prime moments of NA strat. Cut down in its prime.

I don't want this to happen. I don't think it is an issue which many of us have considered, but I do believe it is a legitimate concern for the future of strategus. So I ask, must both NA and EU strats be wiped when the battles run dry for our European friends?

All but opening post of mine has been removed...This one I left in order for context to be present for interested observers of the rest of the conversation.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:29:19 am by Farrix »

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
Re: NA strat is about to be boned from the events of EU strat
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 02:36:32 am »
+7
EU can just come and see if they can conquer NA with shit ping  :twisted:
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 02:55:06 am »
Removing my posts from this thread.... Political correctness.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:28:24 am by Farrix »

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Sloths
  • Game nicks: Packer_The_Sloth Brotherman_Bill Bo_Bo_The_Sloth_Templar_Hobo
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 03:35:56 am »
+8
Well it dosent make a difference if they do wipe strat, UIF will still ruin the next strat why because they are too big of pussies to fight each other.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 03:44:52 am »
+9
Really, the worst part about all of it is that night time settings.  I think we should have mandatory night times in our respective hemispheres, which funnel all of the battles into prime time.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 04:14:12 am »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:28:09 am by Farrix »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 04:17:42 am »
+5
That's the real problem we are getting at... How to divide the two hemispheres... Keeping them interacting is really fuckin tricky, but is a complete separation a valid option? What would that do to the community?

I think keeping them completely separate, map wise would have been the move to make.  Mercing across is fine, I have no issue with that.

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 04:21:34 am »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:27:44 am by Farrix »

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 05:32:04 am »
Really, the worst part about all of it is that night time settings.  I think we should have mandatory night times in our respective hemispheres, which funnel all of the battles into prime time.

That sux for players where your primetime isn't that great :( I would be sad.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 09:13:24 am »
+2

Except, no. Not everyone is able to play primetime. My prime playing hours are from 8 AM - 12 PM PST, its shit enough not being able to get any battles during that hour but if someone were to attack me, id be fucked because i cant possibly be present at my own battle if it was forced into prime time.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 10:30:08 am »
+6
devs announced how long this strat round will last at the start. i dont remember what the time frame is on it but the chances of them ending it early is zero. it will be miraculous enough if they actually end it when they are supposed to instead of letting it drag on another few months.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 10:33:33 am »
+2
devs announced how long this strat round will last at the start. i dont remember what the time frame is on it but the chances of them ending it early is zero. it will be miraculous enough if they actually end it when they are supposed to instead of letting it drag on another few months.

It's supposed to end this December, but like you said, it'll probably end sometime in the middle of February.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 03:56:45 pm »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:24:49 am by Farrix »

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 05:14:13 pm »
This is a legitimate question I think we should all as a community consider and speak about openly before a move is made by the devs that could result in a lot of people being very pissed off.

About 2/3 of the EU map is owned by UIF. I don't want this to devolve into the same bitter discussions of their tactics, I just want people to consider the fact that the fighting in EU is legitimately coming to a short close. This has always resulted in wipes. NA strat is still highly divided amongst several clans with no official megablocks dominating the entire map. Feifs change hands and the possibility of battles has no predictable end. Now taking this to a logical conclusion would mean that the EU map (which comprises the majority of strat players) will be entirely dominated by a single group. There will be no battles left and accordingly the EU players would be looking for a wipe. This will be happening while the drama and wars and battles are in the midst of flourishing in the NA map.

Us NA players who are in a minority in regards to number of players as well as the favor of most of the devs (as far as I can tell) will, if the devs succumb to the desire for strat battles within the EU majority, have our entire strat session cut short during the prime moments of NA strat. Cut down in its prime.

I don't want this to happen. I don't think it is an issue which many of us have considered, but I do believe it is a legitimate concern for the future of strategus. So I ask, must both NA and EU strats be wiped when the battles run dry for our European friends?

They need to create penalties for faction size.  If you break up the factions it will create alternating diplomacy.  Look at the FCC.  Last year all those clans were tight.  They started strat 5 tight.  But then Acre started playing dirty.  They became worried LCO would attack.  So they created a coalition against LCO which included AoW.  Then a few weeks later they tried to pit LCO against AoW.  Because of it AoW attacked.  Now Acre is allied with LCO lol. 

It won't take long for diplomacy to shift around.  Just create penalties/bonuses for smaller factions.  NA strat is exactly as it should be.  There aren't any major mega blocks.  There are a few large clans ie Acre, AoW/GoW, LCO/Hospy.  But they aren't mega blocks like EU.  There are plenty of small factions like Black Company, Raven/Dracul, Super Friends etc etc which are just trying to survive.  Now some of those large factions are going to war and the map is splintering along diplomatic lines. 

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 06:41:00 pm »
+1
Except, no. Not everyone is able to play primetime. My prime playing hours are from 8 AM - 12 PM PST, its shit enough not being able to get any battles during that hour but if someone were to attack me, id be fucked because i cant possibly be present at my own battle if it was forced into prime time.

In a game with such a small community that is withering, you're better off catering for the majority.  Plus, NA players could still get in on EU battles and vice versa.