Author Topic: NOVA SHARIZ, FOR SALE!  (Read 7949 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: NOVA SHARIZ, FOR SALE!
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2014, 09:59:53 am »
+2
Frisia, MB, Occitan, Astralis, Dracul and More- people who let it be known, were given the option of us giving them gold, troops and fiefs, in return for them fighting battles with us against Various Factions declined because they were Literally too scared to have a war in Strategus until its 8months in and they have farmed enough troops that it's a guarantee they can't lose them all before strat ends.

Actually, the exact offer given to us was

"attack Occitan traders and we'll let you use our S&D"

not exactly the most enticing offer, which is part of the reason why we sold you our last two fiefs and went elsewhere.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 10:47:26 am »
+3
I'm inactive because everybody in Strat I tried to do shit with, is too concerned about their internet troop numbers to man up and have battles. Frisia, MB, Occitan, Astralis, Dracul and More- people who let it be known, were given the option of us giving them gold, troops and fiefs, in return for them fighting battles with us against Various Factions declined because they were Literally too scared to have a war in Strategus until its 8months in and they have farmed enough troops that it's a guarantee they can't lose them all before strat ends.

I feel like we are the only faction who doesn't care about losing stuff in strat anymore, so i think this will be just the start of many awfully timed battles that will be coming soon to a Fief near you, I hope every one owns an alarm clock so you won't lose your Hard Earned troops.

Alternatively, all you bad clans can attack us and maybe get non awful timed battles but who are we kidding, you won't attack.

Sorry but we are far too busy being AFK in strat to take any offers to do anything.

Also, 10/10 avatar change from Artyem

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2014, 04:43:26 pm »
there is plenny way of participating into strat even without doing any battle

This summarizes perfectly the mentality for why Occitan and its friends that have copied its example have helped kill the activity of fun battles this strat.  In a war game, you dont need battles.  Lets not have anyone show up on ai side and actively recruit people away from ai to occitan side, because god forbid the only time the castle will EVER be fought over this strat should actually be a real battle.  Or aldo whining and bitching like a little girl and being vindictive because 24 people show up on ai roster for a castle instead of getting another free fief.  I am so happy we have gotten awesome battles for distar and ichamur with great xp from full ai rosters because we dont suck each others' dicks like these AWESOME AI CRUSHING GIANT CLANS that put off playing a mod based on battles until its practically over.

Sucks so many great castles and cities that are so fun to fight over, the community will never get a chance to fight them even for ai, because these same clans that will show up for ai against gforce and aow will never  in a million years show up for an ai defense against any of their fellow factions that just want to play free ai fief and trading mod instead of actually providing great battles for the community.

I'm inactive because everybody in Strat I tried to do shit with, is too concerned about their internet troop numbers to man up and have battles. Frisia, MB, Occitan, Astralis, Dracul and More- people who let it be known, were given the option of us giving them gold, troops and fiefs, in return for them fighting battles with us against Various Factions declined because they were Literally too scared to have a war in Strategus until its 8months in and they have farmed enough troops that it's a guarantee they can't lose them all before strat ends.

I feel like we are the only faction who doesn't care about losing stuff in strat anymore, so i think this will be just the start of many awfully timed battles that will be coming soon to a Fief near you, I hope every one owns an alarm clock so you won't lose your Hard Earned troops.

Alternatively, all you bad clans can attack us and maybe get non awful timed battles but who are we kidding, you won't attack.

Fully agree.  I have no respect for someone like arowaine who spends 3 years leading his faction to do absolutely nothing on strat, just soaking up players to sit around and play trading simulator while circle jerking with the other large factions in a war game.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2014, 05:02:03 pm »
+6
I think you can tone it down a notch on the rhetoric Kesh. Targeting Arrowaine and Aldo over things that just about every single strat factions has done at some point or another is unhelpful. I believe part of the problem with the AI defenders getting low merc support is due to the crpg gold incentives being given by a multitude of factions. Players have no incentive besides XP (which is something some people do not even need) to sign up for the AI.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2014, 05:03:42 pm »
+2
I think you can tone it down a notch on the rhetoric Kesh. Targeting Arrowaine and Aldo over things that just about every single strat factions has done at some point or another is unhelpful. I believe part of the problem with the AI defenders getting low merc support is due to the crpg gold incentives being given by a multitude of factions. Players have no incentive besides XP (which is something some people do not even need) to sign up for the AI.

No, not true, aow, gforce, us, and desire have been able to get full ai rosters on defense side (its a lot more fun that way)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2014, 05:09:05 pm »
+2
No, not true, aow, gforce, us, and desire have been able to get full ai rosters on defense side (its a lot more fun that way)

I said in part, Kesh. I know there have been full rosters on the AI's side in several battles but just like regular battles between factions, it has a lot to do with in-game politics, incentives, and timing.

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2014, 05:29:18 pm »
+4
Wardens did the same thing.
Wotn never put a damn ticket in sargoth, they've been in there since almost the beginning of strat

shut your cunt mouth about things you have no knowledge of, Holiday

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2014, 06:24:42 pm »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:30:25 pm by Chosen1 »
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2014, 06:44:56 pm »
+2
Actually, the exact offer given to us was

"attack Occitan traders and we'll let you use our S&D"

not exactly the most enticing offer, which is part of the reason why we sold you our last two fiefs and went elsewhere.

Actually, we asked you to attack the Bro's primarily who were running around unarmed with tons of crates when we were busy.  We also asked you to attack any trader in our lands that wasn't GFORCE, literally, any trader since we have no allies and all of our fiefs are closed.  And we were going to let you hide in our fiefs, if someone tried to get revenge.  That is what the offer was.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2014, 06:50:37 pm »
+1
Wotn never put a damn ticket in sargoth, they've been in there since almost the beginning of strat

shut your cunt mouth about things you have no knowledge of, Holiday

Those troops were put in like day 2 by an astralis guy who didn't know how to play(at the start of the war between WotN v Astralis). He thought he'd get attacked so he dumped his troops in the fief(cause he thought we was defending it, I think? It was Mental Case who did it.) He knows better NOW, but that was his first strat and we ruffled his feathers a lot for it.

I only just remembered it because of that phrase, been to busy planning Defenses.

Also, good job failing the siege.
Didn't even go positive(just under1:1, but still under, also ignoring the massive waste of 600 troops)
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=1331

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2014, 06:52:31 pm »
+3
I think diplomacy is quite important in this game.  Closed borders might be a viable tactic and gets you plenty of silver, but attacking traders will lose you roster support.  And yeah, roster support is the big gamble in this game.  You can have 10,000 shiny troops, but if you're vastly outnumbered on the roster you will lose.  A little unfair, but what can you do? (Except try not be a dick on the forums).

Offline Testicleez

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Testicleez
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2014, 06:57:32 pm »
+6
Yeah, let's condemn certain factions because they don't receive heavy resistance when taking AI fiefs. It's all their fault!

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2014, 07:14:38 pm »
+13
To me, the main reason Strat is dead is because of the over abundance of douche bags which way out numbers those who care to deal with them.

People can lose wars and continue to come back as its an unlimited respawn for Strat, its impossible to lose at this game unless you just go by property owned as judgment. But its people that get annoyed at the chest thumping and flame wars that continue to circulate. I think what's going on here are those with half a brain have moved on from the drama as they know there is no point to it anymore as the little kiddies like Hotmail will always be around.     

And yes I understand I am still here too, so I'm right beside all you other idiots :p

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2014, 07:44:58 pm »
+6
To me, the main reason Strat is dead is because of the over abundance of douche bags which way out numbers those who care to deal with them.

People can lose wars and continue to come back as its an unlimited respawn for Strat, its impossible to lose at this game unless you just go by property owned as judgment. But its people that get annoyed at the chest thumping and flame wars that continue to circulate. I think what's going on here are those with half a brain have moved on from the drama as they know there is no point to it anymore as the little kiddies like Hotmail will always be around.     

And yes I understand I am still here too, so I'm right beside all you other idiots :p

In my opinion it's more of that it was fun when people played it as a minigame of c-rpg, but now faction leaders are taking strat so serous and so personal that all the other people are just disgusted listening to rants and participating in douchebaggery. Most of the big guys are still around but all of the pawns have left.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline vespasian

• Knight
  • Renown: 73
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro Aris et Focis
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Infidel
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Vespasian
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2014, 08:03:43 pm »
+7
You have to own it before you can sell it. (Shariz)

As far as the "tactic" used... can't say I'm surprised considering the attacking party.

Salute