Author Topic: I wanted to share something important with the community  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: I wanted to share something important with the community
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 05:43:21 pm »
+1
how is this not real?

i'm reading your words, they are affecting me in some way

Doesn't mean your reaction to my words grants you any rights whatsoever.

Offline Sir_Wonka

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Free Sloths of Calradia
  • Game nicks: EggoWaffle_The_Sloth
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 05:44:50 pm »
+1
He really means, he joined the KKK
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 05:54:59 pm »
+2
how is this not real?

i'm reading your words, they are affecting me in some way

The internet and real life are not separate realities entirely divorced from one another, but do you really think that throwing an insult towards a nebulous and faceless player on internet horse game is the same as saying something hateful to a stranger in person?

It's an online game, there are a different set of expectations and social norms. Let's turn this into a sociology/anthropology discussion on "internet and gaming culture" guys.

(click to show/hide)

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 06:04:11 pm »
+3
+1's for everyone. Also, some of you nerdbags shouldn't get so offended over teh interwebs. Get some thicker skin and let it go in one ear and out the other. Know who you are and don't let anyone change you.

except if testi insults you, that's when you know you're an ass

Also, I'm just spewing random crap. Don't listen to me. Anyone can tell you this shit.

Also #2, I'm for people saying whatever they damn well please. I support free speech, and I can take whatever people throw at me. If they're a blatant asshole, then I'll just mute them (that's what mute button is for).

Also #3, If you are going to insult someone, use creative insults. It makes everything so much more fun.

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 06:33:55 pm »
The internet and real life are not separate realities entirely divorced from one another, but do you really think that throwing an insult towards a nebulous and faceless player on internet horse game is the same as saying something hateful to a stranger in person?

It's an online game, there are a different set of expectations and social norms. Let's turn this into a sociology/anthropology discussion on "internet and gaming culture" guys.

(click to show/hide)

i didn't say they were the same

but there are gay /black / jewish people on the internet who are very upset by the constant use of these words, and the culture of passive and (unfortunately) accepted hate and bullying towards them on the internet, and i think that it's a very simple thing for us to use words like cunt, motherfucker, bastard and twat to vent our frustration, instead of words which are derogatory towards an entire class of people.

interestingly, the people in my experience i have seen being the most racist, the most homophobic, etc, are the people who are at the bottom of the social ladder. many of the most bigoted and homophobic people i know are sweaty, poorly educated fat guys who haven't had sex in 3 years .. just saying ..
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 06:36:14 pm »
+1's for everyone. Also, some of you nerdbags shouldn't get so offended over teh interwebs. Get some thicker skin and let it go in one ear and out the other. Know who you are and don't let anyone change you.

except if testi insults you, that's when you know you're an ass

Also, I'm just spewing random crap. Don't listen to me. Anyone can tell you this shit.

Also #2, I'm for people saying whatever they damn well please. I support free speech, and I can take whatever people throw at me. If they're a blatant asshole, then I'll just mute them (that's what mute button is for).

Also #3, If you are going to insult someone, use creative insults. It makes everything so much more fun.

This a hundreed times, the butthurt in this thread is off the charts. It's ridiculous, I remember back then on the internet calling people retards or whatever online was never taken seriously. For fuck sake, why do people take it seriously? You are being insulted by A RANDOM PERSON ONLINE. WHO CARES?

Getting upset over the word friend, or anything else is childish as fuck. Or the word homo/gay etc. Infact the more you people hate it, the more I'll use it. That's the whole point of insulting people. I didn't know it touches them deeply this much. Now I know, now. It will get worse.
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2014, 06:43:27 pm »
+5
This is kind of pathetic.  Yea.... people are racist.... yea.... they are fucking hateful.  But it's not like whites are the only ones.  Ever heard of the Nashville horror?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom  That was fucking evil. 

I moved from an all white city in NE Ohio to New Orleans when I was 12 years old.  I went from one black kid on the bus (who was well treated as I recall) to being the only white kid in the school.  It was more than culture shock.  I know what it's like to be on the other end of things.  I HATED blacks for a LONG time because of it.  But.... as all things do... life moves on.  I met some of the best friends I ever had a few years later and it changed my mind.  I recognized that hate is hate.  They hate us... we hate them... it's all the same.  In reality there are good people and bad people.  Most of you probably have no idea what it's like. 

I don't use words like "friend" because I don't want to lump the good in with the bad.  I think thats pretty damn ignorant.  I'm sure they don't like hearing it anymore than I liked being called white boy.  But it's a personal choice.  I don't believe in political correctness and I rarely shake my finger at someone and tell them how they should speak. 

So in all honesty....  if you get off on calling people shit for no reason then you got a cancer inside you.  It's going to grow and consume you.  You have every RIGHT to do it..... and sure... there are legit arguments to be made.  Sure... there are statistics and stories like the ones above.  They enrage you... and they should.  Hearing how two decent white people minding their own business were raped and murdered in the most brutal fashion all because they were white.... pisses me off.  But I'm sure blacks hearing about the guy drug behind the truck in Texas a few years ago pisses them off too.  I've learned the difference between hating the whole community... and hating the evil things some people do.  Not to get all preachy etc.... but if you want the world to be a better place then fight evil with good.  Give money to the poor.  Be kind to people.  Stand up tall for the things you believe in and make your case with passion and integrity.  We are all in this shit together.  Evil is everywhere.  It's blind and consuming.  So take a good look at where you stand and what the words from your mouth actually mean.  It's easy to be a coward.  Cowards fit the world into a little box they can understand so they don't have to accept the reality they live in.  It's easy to be mean.  There are plenty of violent mean people in this world.  Rapists, murderers, child molesters..... There are all kinds of people who get off on destroying someone else's life.  Bravery is recognizing the world for the way it really is and choosing your side.  It takes a tough kid to get his ass beat over a seat on the bus everyday and never back down.  But it takes true courage to let go of hate and plant your flag into the ground with faith.  I made my choice a long time ago.  I don't have long on this Earth but I'll be damned if I spend it full of anger and hatred.  Instead I help people.  What do you do? 

Just my opinion.  If you don't like it fuck off.  Not one of you is going to make me feel bad for it.  I know where I stand and what I believe.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:50:04 pm by UnholyRolyPoly »

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2014, 06:47:24 pm »
Vibe, you are hurting my feelings.
Which word that he said hurt your feelings?
Just tell us where they touched you little guy and we can lock those big bad words away
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 06:54:31 pm »
+3
i think that it's a very simple thing for us to use words like cunt, motherfucker, bastard and twat to vent our frustration, instead of words which are derogatory towards an entire class of people.

There are a lot of women that find that word offensive. Bad example, and also shows how pointless this argument is.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2014, 07:04:01 pm »
+1
Okay now to be serious.
Honestly I don't see a big deal with these used in games or other context BUT the key word is context!
There is a big difference between  saying "fuckin 2h my old friends are op" when talking about a game and saying "Whats up my old friends?" as you walk into a room. Even if no one is a "my old friend" that wouldn't make the person who said it any less of a dick. Yes it may be a joke but when it happens no normal person thinks "Hahahaha sick joke bro howyadoin?". They think "What a douchebag...".

So yeah... People can debate whether it is "Politically correct (how can politics be correct?)" or not but the reason people use these words are because they are dramatic and they are insults. We would just use some other forbidden words to express ourselves. As I said earlier a lot of people have no problem with internet insults and on a rare occasion tolerate it in other places. Just.. just try to be tolerant  and use common sense is what I am trying to say.

Besides I don't think any of you can tell us that you have not once laughed at light hearted racism or sexism. And as Witchcraft said below, yes people will be offended if you call them cunts or nigs or my old friends THEY ARE INSULTS and they will be used that way for quite some time. BUT there is no sense in being offended for someone else. Yes isms are bad, but you are just going to have to tolerate it or try to moderate it, not have a heart attack because someone got mad for petty reasons. Hate is hate and insults are insults, lets try to keep it that way.

Tl;dr: Yes it is bad to be a racist homophobic misogynistic bastard, but there is a big difference between insulting someone because you are upset for some reason and hating them for what they are and using it to alienate them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:10:07 pm by Carthan »
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 07:18:41 pm »
+2
wait I can't say friend?

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 07:20:05 pm »
+3
corsair pls go

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 07:26:25 pm »
+3
wait I can't say friend?

Don't look now, but... you just did!  :shock:

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
- Atilla the Hun (original context was telling his troops to try and tone down the rape part of their raping and pillaging)

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2014, 07:30:54 pm »
+1
I didn't want to start a race war, I simply wanted to say in some parts of the world these words have meaning.  I would wager most of the people so excited to use them live in a very very safe suburbia, and have experienced very little of the real world.  I don't have white guilt, I'm not even politically correct, I am merely a rational human being.  I don't understand why being rational is so abhorrent.
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 07:35:22 pm »
I didn't want to start a race war, I simply wanted to say in some parts of the world these words have meaning.  I would wager most of the people so excited to use them live in a very very safe suburbia, and have experienced very little of the real world.  I don't have white guilt, I'm not even politically correct, I am merely a rational human being.  I don't understand why being rational is so abhorrent.

Cause you are not "rational" in any sense or defenition of the word. Why didn't you add more insults to that list of yours? How about cracker, whitey etc? How are these any less insulting. Is there any explenation to this that you have my non-politically correct friend?

Honestly, this thread came off wrong. Because for some magical fucking reason, you think ONLY white people can be racist. And despite the fact that the opposite happens every day, you choose to ignore it. I hope this thread gets locked.

You're like one of those people that say "Don't hit hit women". How about .. "Don't hit other people"? Maybe you know .. Maybe, it is just smarter? Instead of being a cherrypicker. I get called all kinds of shit every day online, from forums to imageboards. I don't care and nor should you. You don't know anything about racism either, you are what you described us as.

I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".